Oregon Starting CB DJ James hits portal

Advertisement
I'll be the bad guy here - unacceptable to wait for the Spring to put the hard-press on and recruit guys from the Portal like we used to.

There are tons of talented guys in here, at positions of need (I'd call DB almost a desperation at this point). And we're whiffing left and right.
I expect more from you

200.gif

I'll be the bad guy here - unacceptable to wait for the Spring to put the hard-press on and recruit guys from the Portal like we used to.

There are tons of talented guys in here, at positions of need (I'd call DB almost a desperation at this point). And we're whiffing left and right.
You don’t have to be a bad guy you can just be prone to freaking out over stuff.

And you’re not alone. A lot of the board is looking at kids going elsewhere and drawing odd, damning conclusions from it. We are a month into the guy’s tenure, we aren’t losing the season over these players. Slow the concern train down a little bit.

Advertisement

I mean… when did you expect Mario to go after these guys, in October?

U gotta relax. Spring will have its own transfer market

Ppl really want off season Manny back?

Line in a movie..something about those in the desert searching for water settling for and drinking the sand. Manny's offseasons were exciting, just often failed to deliver on the field in the fall. How much of that was attributable to coaching/lack of development?

Would LOVE to see Cristobal pull some premium portal talent - immediate contributors to plug some gaps on the roster. But with him just coming on board, an incomplete staff, NIL complicating matters, a different philosophy for how to best build a program...just so much unknown. Hoping for a microwave fix, but this looks like a slow-cook process. Too bad 'cuz we probly only have 1 more go-round with TVD.

Advertisement
Ppl really want off season Manny back?
**** no lol, get that fanboy as far from this program as possible.

Maybe my instant knee-jerk emotions overshadow my opinion; I'm just saying if you look at our cornerback depth (or lack thereof), and see we've missed out on Banks and potentially DJ James + Florence (for whatever reasons, even if it's bag related), it's disappointing. And yes, I completely understand we were not even in the conversation for 75% of these guys we're currently recruiting, I'm not naïve. But we do have Mario now, look like we're keeping T-Rob and have glaring holes at the DB position, so it should be an easier sell per say; anyone who thinks we can trot out Ivey or Clarke or Dunson and win the amount of games we expect to win (for me, it's nine wins)...I'm sorry, but you didn't examine our secondary close enough then.

Maybe they all get better under a proper defensive coordinator and under the tutelage of T-Rob (if he ends up coaching corners instead of safeties)...but if I'm Mario, I SURE AS **** am not taking that bet.

Cribby said we've got a few guys that might pop up later, so that's great at least. I'm just saying - we need an influx of talent. Can't rely on true freshman or the guys we saw on the field last year, minus Stevenson.

**** no lol, get that fanboy as far from this program as possible.

Maybe my instant knee-jerk emotions overshadow my opinion; I'm just saying if you look at our cornerback depth (or lack thereof), and see we've missed out on Banks and potentially DJ James + Florence (for whatever reasons, even if it's bag related), it's disappointing. And yes, I completely understand we were not even in the conversation for 75% of these guys we're currently recruiting, I'm not naïve. But we do have Mario now, look like we're keeping T-Rob and have glaring holes at the DB position, so it should be an easier sell per say; anyone who thinks we can trot out Ivey or Clarke or Dunson and win the amount of games we expect to win (for me, it's nine wins)...I'm sorry, but you didn't examine our secondary close enough then.

Maybe they all get better under a proper defensive coordinator and under the tutelage of T-Rob (if he ends up coaching corners instead of safeties)...but if I'm Mario, I SURE AS **** am not taking that bet.

Cribby said we've got a few guys that might pop up later, so that's great at least. I'm just saying - we need an influx of talent. Can't rely on true freshman or the guys we saw on the field last year, minus Stevenson.
Dude. You may be right, but you are talkin negatives at a time when there is no talkin negatives…there are only wins and wins yet to come…

Dude. You may be right, but you are talkin negatives at a time when there is no talkin negatives…there are only wins and wins yet to come…
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not - I think you are but it's tough to tell on this board sometimes :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
So this would be 0-3 v Auburn, 2 interior DL and a CB - 2 of them Mario had at Oregon. And Pyburn looming. So what are we left w/ (assuming it's done)?

-Uphill battle v home team
OR
- Not as crucial to Mario, in terms of value/investment value as we may think?
(MAJOR bag rumor on one of the DL); do we save our chips on a corner of comparable value if Auburn's baggin' up (again)?
OR
-Saving a disproportionate chunk of NIL for Shemar primarily and other HS prospect (s)?
We beat Auburn for Ulrich von Liechtenstein and for Ladson and no one is talking about that!

Line in a movie..something about those in the desert searching for water settling for and drinking the sand. Manny's offseasons were exciting, just often failed to deliver on the field in the fall. How much of that was attributable to coaching/lack of development?

Would LOVE to see Cristobal pull some premium portal talent - immediate contributors to plug some gaps on the roster. But with him just coming on board, an incomplete staff, NIL complicating matters, a different philosophy for how to best build a program...just so much unknown. Hoping for a microwave fix, but this looks like a slow-cook process. Too bad 'cuz we probly only have 1 more go-round with TVD.
Can't cook a Turkey in a Microwave!

Even if it is. For some on here to say auburn is killing us is just uninformed

We got Ladson because he wanted to go home. Auburn may get James because he wants to be closer to home.

Too many ppl being mopes is my point
They literally went from admittedly not even visiting the Recruiting Board to completely Entitled and constantly Whining in a little under a month.

I love the preface, “not to be that guy/don’t wanna be that guy”, then they purposely are that guy in every single post they make 😂

Dude, U ARE THAT GUY!! 😂

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back