Oregon Starting CB DJ James hits portal

Advertisement
He hasnt committed to Auburn and you’re ****ing all over yourself in multiple threads. Get a grip.
Reading comprehension is hard, I know.

Did I mention a specific player? I'm talking about the thought-process overall that was mentioned by Cribby. If James wants to go there, fine...I'm not trusting the word of an Ole Miss mod anyways. But this isn't the first recruit from the portal that we've coveted and (potentially) struck out on. It's a re-ocurring process at this point, and it's been mentioned that Mario isn't working the portal as hard as maybe he should be given our roster composition.

I think people are seriously underestimating the fact that two guys (Jones and James) were both from Alabama and although they left the state to go to Oregon, Cristobal leaving provided an opportunity for them to go back home. I think it's just that simple.

This. Not hard to figure out

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Mario is going to portal flex, time is now.

He already knew and played for Mario, met T Rob and DVD, and spent two days in Miami.

Gotta think we have a shot.

If Mario is going to portal flex, time is now.

He already knew and played for Mario, met T Rob and DVD, and spent two days in Miami.

Gotta think we have a shot.
Harsin sent out a bat signal for a commit yesterday and the Auburn mods believe that he’s theirs to lose

Even if it is. For some on here to say auburn is killing us is just uninformed

We got Ladson because he wanted to go home. Auburn may get James because he wants to be closer to home.

Too many ppl being mopes is my point
I agree. I've made a similar post saying the same thing at least twice (once regarding Jones and now James).

Advertisement
I think people are seriously underestimating the fact that two guys (Jones and James) were both from Alabama and although they left the state to go to Oregon, Cristobal leaving provided an opportunity for them to go back home. I think it's just that simple.
Yes. The pattern seems to be either kids are at smaller schools and want to step up in competition or they are at competitive programs and need a change. In the first scenario, they are willing to go to the best program they can regardless of location. In the second scenario, they want to go home.

The only benefit to the old fashioned bags as opposed to NIL is that there is no income tax on under the table money so you keep that extra 30-35%. Personally I think kids will make a lot more in NIL than under the table money as the players are bigger; corporations.
The only thing though is some of the real scumbag programs are so ingrained and have so much invested in their illegal networks to pay players it might be hard for them to shut it down. The boosters ego that they were the ones who brought these kids in might be hard to control. however it won't hurt them unless there is a major shakeup in the ncaa hierarchy.

Advertisement
So this would be 0-3 v Auburn, 2 interior DL and a CB - 2 of them Mario had at Oregon. And Pyburn looming. So what are we left w/ (assuming it's done)?

-Uphill battle v home team
OR
- Not as crucial to Mario, in terms of value/investment value as we may think?
(MAJOR bag rumor on one of the DL); do we save our chips on a corner of comparable value if Auburn's baggin' up (again)?
OR
-Saving a disproportionate chunk of NIL for Shemar primarily and other HS prospect (s)?

Even if it is. For some on here to say auburn is killing us is just uninformed

We got Ladson because he wanted to go home. Auburn may get James because he wants to be closer to home.

Too many ppl being mopes is my point
What about:

Verse
Bethune
Banks
Wells

It’s early but We’re missing in the portal right now

Advertisement
Back