Oregon Pulled Mario Extension according to a Report

There’s too many “what ifs” that are outside their control to be a sustained national championship contender.

Oregons current class has a bunch of CA guys plus a 5 star from TX a couple kids from UT then Nebraska, Nevada, Oregon, and Oklahoma.

What if BYU going to the Big 12 makes it harder to pull a couple Utah kids, and usc locks down southern CA, and what if Texas gets it together. Where do they go. Plus, Washington is a similar program and has to recruit the same way Oregon does. Can they both be good at the same time?

Here, as long as we’re good and committed to football, he’ll have access to talent sufficient to win big

Advertisement
If Mario wants to coach at his Alma Mater there is no reason for Oregon to be butthurt about it. Move on stuff happens. Regardless of your feelings about Manny as a coach, he is the only one who should have hurt feelings getting publicly dragged like this. If you want to move on from the guy then do it. We understand business has NO feelings, but from an optics standpoint you want to handle it better cause the process has been one big *** cringe. Mario on recruiting visits...Manny on recruiting visits. Really embarrassing stuff.

Miami is a tougher job in my opinion. It's pretty easy to win out in Oregon, Miami definitely has the higher ceiling though. Miami can be a mega program if the money is invested and they find the right coach who can recruit. I was a big Kiffin guy but the one thing I like about Mario is he can recruit and stack Top 10 Classes. My worry is fans will expect immediate result and don't see a program that needs to be rebuilt from its very core. Lane would win 9+ games immediately with his Scheming but has a lower ceiling, Mario will take some time but has the higher ceiling
Everything you wrote is spot on, except he is EXPECTED to win the Coastal year one and play in the championship game. This isn’t a complete rebuild. He’s walking into a much better roster than either Richt or Manny did year one. He’s going to be a good one here and that’s saying a lot.

Advertisement
Miami is a tougher job in my opinion. It's pretty easy to win out in Oregon, Miami definitely has the higher ceiling though. Miami can be a mega program if the money is invested and they find the right coach who can recruit. I was a big Kiffin guy but the one thing I like about Mario is he can recruit and stack Top 10 Classes. My worry is fans will expect immediate result and don't see a program that needs to be rebuilt from its very core. Lane would win 9+ games immediately with his Scheming but has a lower ceiling, Mario will take some time but has the higher ceiling
Every hire is a risk. Is he a perfect coach? No.
But I think we finally got this right. Miami needs more than just a coach. We need someone that will bring the program infrastructure to the 21st century.
Mario is experienced and still relatively young. Every thing I’ve heard he’s a tireless worker. ( And I will take that every day over talent ).
He’s a relentless recruiter and an Alpa. Something we have not seen here since the early 2000. I’m super excited to see what happens, I think he’s going to do amazing things here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Another thing learned from this experience: Oregon writers are really freakin' strange.

This is another article that reads like a journal entry from an emotional fan.

What's the deal? Is it the weed from Vancouver? Get a hold of yourselves, people.
Oregon is a weird place. Have you seen the people out there? Portland is a ****hole.

Our reputation of being broke may have worked in our favor. None of the bozos thought we could pull off a Mario hire or a top notch AD hire. If not for the leaks from one or two with an agenda and the dumbasses in the Miami local media, all of this could have flown under the radar.

Advertisement
Another thing learned from this experience: Oregon writers are really freakin' strange.

This is another article that reads like a journal entry from an emotional fan.

What's the deal? Is it the weed from Vancouver? Get a hold of yourselves, people.
Ever been to Oregon?

No surprise at all.

Harbaugh got to his alma mater and in his first year they were one game away from the Big Ten Title game with possibly a playoff berth after that. Won 10 games after the last coach went 5-7. I'm not putting a playoff berth on Mario but he's getting paid like a man capable of quickly changing Miami. The only softer division than the ACC coastal is the one he's about to leave, the PAC-12 North. He should beat up on this division

Especially when you consider Pitt and North Carolina will have new QB. Virginia and VT, will also have new coaches. And GT and Duke were bad. He should walk in this division and dominant from the beginning.

Advertisement
Back