Orange and Green World Series

Advertisement
First impressions from Saturday's scrimmage: Yoyo was absolutely smashing every pitch. He looked smooth at third and made a couple of difficult plays look easy. Alex Mcfarlane was showing excellent velocity, but opposing batters were getting a lot of hard outs and hard contact off him. Max Romero seems like the best all-around catcher, but newcomer JD Jones had the best pop time of all the catchers I saw. Karson Ligon looks like he can contribute right away. Lorenzo Carrier is really big and athletic; he kind of looks like a 25 year-old minor leaguer out there. He hit every ball into the ground though. Jacoby Long has a tremendous arm. All in all there were a ton of new faces out there and quite a lot of talent. Completely irrelevant: Gino has packed on some winter weight and was just annoying to have to listen to.

Sounds like we’re loaded at catcher. I forgot young mans name that caught some this past year, is he not going to be the starting catcher?

Advertisement
Sounds like we’re loaded at catcher. I forgot young mans name that caught some this past year, is he not going to be the starting catcher?
Carlos Perez? Gino mentioned earlier in the week that he’s been the second best hitter this fall behind Yoyo. Ideal world you get a Kennedy/Collins situation where both are good enough to be in the lineup, and you can rest them both by swapping them between C and DH. Gates playing 1B this week is promising that he should be fine to play in the field this spring.

Carlos Perez? Gino mentioned earlier in the week that he’s been the second best hitter this fall behind Yoyo. Ideal world you get a Kennedy/Collins situation where both are good enough to be in the lineup, and you can rest them both by swapping them between C and DH. Gates playing 1B this week is promising that he should be fine to play in the field this spring.
That's probably the KOD then for Perez, given how Gino talked up Born last fall.

Advertisement
Is Palmquist hurt? We're still really light on LH arms if Gates is going to be a position player/DH only in '22.
He was pitching a couple weeks ago, so it’s new if he is. Now that you point it out, I notice Walters wasn’t on the Orange and Green rosters either.

Advertisement
Back