Opponents News Thread - Offseason 2018

rok

N-U-D-E-S-I-N-B-I-O
Duke starting defensive end Marquies Price and reserve lineman Brandon Boyce were dismissed from the team after failing to meet program standards, coach David Cutcliffe said in a statement Tuesday.

Price started 11 games last season and was one of the team's top returning linemen. In 21 career games, he had 34 tackles, seven tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks and six quarterback pressures. Boyce played in eight games as a backup a year ago and had two career sacks.

Defensive linemen Brandon Boyce and Marquies Price dismissed from Duke football team

Last edited:
Advertisement
remember that brandon boyce kid. wasnt he a south florida DT that we either had committed at one point or were going after?

Advertisement
If you are kicked off the team, are you technically free to go to another school and play immediately?

I'm not saying I want these guys or anything, but to me if you are kicked off your team that should mean you're able to play immediately, if the school you are going to is fine with playing you. Would be extremely retarded to be kicked off a team and then have to sit out a yr.

If you are kicked off the team, are you technically free to go to another school and play immediately?

I'm not saying I want these guys or anything, but to me if you are kicked off your team that should mean you're able to play immediately, if the school you are going to is fine with playing you. Would be extremely retarded to be kicked off a team and then have to sit out a yr.

Still have to sit out a year unless graduated.

So, break a few rules, get kicked off, and then play wherever you want. If you don't like it there, rinse and repeat?

Guys don't get kicked off the team for no reason.

So, break a few rules, get kicked off, and then play wherever you want. If you don't like it there, rinse and repeat?

Guys don't get kicked off the team for no reason.

Sure theres that possibility. But theres also the possibility of an AQM situation where he honestly shouldnt have been suspended in the first place. These "student"-athletes are already being taken advantage of in every way. Why does it make sense that they can kick someone off their team, which is severing the players obligation to that school, but the player cant play somewhere else IF another school feels like he should be allowed to play?
It just doesnt make sense why schools can just cut a players scholarship like that and he cant just go somewhere else immediately

Advertisement
Cutting Grace and AQM very likely helped us dodge an NCAA bullet. Don't kid yourself. UM didn't kick them off without good reason - meaning UM was probably acting to protect UM from NCAA involvement.

Cutting Grace and AQM very likely helped us dodge an NCAA bullet. Don't kid yourself. UM didn't kick them off without good reason - meaning UM was probably acting to protect UM from NCAA involvement.

Correct...and frankly, AQM wasnt exactly an angel.

Advertisement
Who has FSU lost on O? Cook, Rudolph, R. Johnson?
Cook, Travis Rudolph, LT Roderick Johnson, Kermit Whitfield, Bobo Wilson & Demarcus Walker on Defense.

And now Wilson Bell is transferring to Auburn.

Advertisement
old news, but UNC cleaned up with the grad transfers

COMMIT: UNC lands grad transfer

UNC just lost a #2 NFL Draft Pick and picked up a kid who probably couldn't play on your YMCA flag football team. Brandon Harris will be destroyed by our front 7.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back