Opinion Thread: Choose a School

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Put yourself in a hypothetical situation where you are the Head Coach of the Miami Hurricanes, you have the the three big schools in Miami: Northwestern, Booker T and Central. Out of those three schools which one would you choose to primarily recruit at from this point on. Disregard all other factors of history with previous players. Base your decision off who you think would be the better feeder school for you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not exactly what you asked, but I would prioritize the schools as follows:

Central
Northwestern
Miramar
BTW

Central, most guys still thinking West is thinking about a few years ago, but Central last couple of years and the foreseeable future has overtaken them, especially now that Roland Smith is there, even Miramar has overtaken them as well. The real issue I have with BTW is the comp for the classification they are in. My order would be Central, Miramar, Northwest, BTW. **** from what I hear from a few South Fl assistant coaches I know or have a passing acquaintance with, Homestead these next few years should be right up there as well

Advertisement
Central, most guys still thinking West is thinking about a few years ago, but Central last couple of years and the foreseeable future has overtaken them, especially now that Roland Smith is there, even Miramar has overtaken them as well. The real issue I have with BTW is the comp for the classification they are in. My order would be Central, Miramar, Northwest, BTW. **** from what I hear from a few South Fl assistant coaches I know or have a passing acquaintance with, Homestead these next few years should be right up there as well

Artie Burns, Teddy B and Amari Cooper think you are on crack

Northwestern from the three provided. I'd also add St Thomas in Broward and in Palm Beach County I'd add Glades Central...

Advertisement
If you're gonna put Miramar, the STA might be #1 on that list

Can't include private schools IMO they have unfair advantage

What advantage do they have? Kids are transferring into the good public schools all the time it sounds like.

Unfair advantage meaning they recruit is what I think he means.

I figured that's what he meant, but kids seem to transfer in and out of the public schools for football reasons all of the time as well.

Advertisement

What advantage do they have? Kids are transferring into the good public schools all the time it sounds like.

yea if other schools in broward could recruit STA wouldn't be as prominent

yea if other schools in broward could recruit STA wouldn't be as prominent

so then why did Calvin Brewton just transfer from Columbus to Central?

Lots of public schools recruit, didnt Yeargin just transfer? How about the QB that was at Central 2 years ago?

Advertisement
Back