Open Scrimmage

Advertisement
I believe this is going to be better then the spring game!! Traz with manny cooney and the other tru Miami Boyz leading the way. Watch out

I’m drunk

Advertisement
Cool.

I like that it sounds like Manny is going to be more open with practices, scrimmages, and spring games. It can only help with the competition and excitement level of the players, and it can only help build the bond between the team and the community and get more younguns excited about one day wearing that U on the side of their head. Jared Goff was Opti ball age when Brady won his first Super Bowl, couple weeks ago they just played each other for the championship. Life happens faster than we all realize. Those 10-12 year olds and younger that could be coming to Traz to watch an open scrimmage today, could be suiting up for us in Charlotte as soon as 5-6 years from now.

Not only that, I think we're all tired of the coaching staph telling us how great some player is doing in practice and how they are suddenly a completely different player than they were just a couple months ago only to find out when the games start that the coaches don't know squat and are just playing favorites. Visibility is good for accountability. And that seems to be what Manny wants. It's what we all want.

This stuff matters, details matter. I am all for this. Hope no one gets hurt.
Not to mention we are no longer protecting struggling players fragile confidence levels. Show up and show out or the city will see it instead of "insider opinions" leaking. So and so went 3 for 15. Hopefully will also help players beat early season jitters instead of dealing with it in big game situations. Separate the lions from the lambs before Florida.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I never understood the closed scrimmages. Wasn't like Richt had any new wrinkles on offense he needed to hide.

The more excitement you can generate the better, and open scrimmages help with that.

Lol so true. Dude was hiding the practices like he was scheming up a revolutionary offense only to run inside zone and 4 verts every other play. I know we’ve talked about it over and over but it’s still absolutely ridiculous that he thought he could do the same thing over and over and it would eventually work

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back