Open Scrimmage

Advertisement
Advertisement
Supposedly will be at Traz Powell this year

thoughts??

Cool.

I like that it sounds like Manny is going to be more open with practices, scrimmages, and spring games. It can only help with the competition and excitement level of the players, and it can only help build the bond between the team and the community and get more younguns excited about one day wearing that U on the side of their head. Jared Goff was Opti ball age when Brady won his first Super Bowl, couple weeks ago they just played each other for the championship. Life happens faster than we all realize. Those 10-12 year olds and younger that could be coming to Traz to watch an open scrimmage today, could be suiting up for us in Charlotte as soon as 5-6 years from now.

Not only that, I think we're all tired of the coaching staph telling us how great some player is doing in practice and how they are suddenly a completely different player than they were just a couple months ago only to find out when the games start that the coaches don't know squat and are just playing favorites. Visibility is good for accountability. And that seems to be what Manny wants. It's what we all want.

This stuff matters, details matter. I am all for this. Hope no one gets hurt.

AH the trash pile where the TURF MONSTER lives and that 100 year old announcer keeps you updated.

Some of my personal favorites from Mr. Wilcox (PA Announcer at Traz Powell)
-It's 3rd down and a jitney ride....
-It ain't over, til it's over....
-Remember, JUST SAY NO!!!
Dude is a community legend in the city.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let me know when you find out. I'd like to come down for a scrimmage or the spring game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back