[OP has a question about] Malik Curtis

Gables Canes

Freshman
With the reported struggles of our WR unit, has any thought been given to moving Malik Curtis to WR? He would bring an instant infusion of speed to that side of the ball. He’s not going to hit the field at corner any time soon, so to me this move would make a lot of sense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s not gonna play at either position lol, love the work he puts in on special teams as a gunner. If he can do that and return kicks or punts im cool but idk why everyone keeps tryna force this wr thing like he’d get snaps there lol

Advertisement
I think that he may have been a good WR, but it’s too close to the season for him to make any impact on that side of the ball.

Needs to learn a new position and playbook and beat out the rest of the guys, who although reportedly underperforming, aren’t a bunch of walk-ons.

Would be interested in seeing him get a chance at returner though. Legit speed.

Travis Benjamin 2.0 comparisons are because he has long dreads with a light frame lol ...he was never that to me but his ball skills and savvy footwork in traffic were his best attributes coming out of HS imo....which is the perfect skill set for slot ....

I got trashed for saying Malik would be better off playing CB at FAU....the reason was I had a feeling he would get recruited over at CB which may have finally come to fruition....I believe he could eventually see quality time at CB if guys start hitting the portal or he gets a little bigger and stronger ... but is he willing to wait it out tho? Where are all the posters who said Malik had this big-time elite speed that would separate him from the pack? Lol Some of y'all look at highlight reels like that's what college coaches only do to evaluate kids...

I understand its all most fans have (if you can't see them in person or watch full games) but try to look very hard at who's on the other side of those reels before coming to a conclusion.....if the comp is slow or weak then you know it's wait and see at the college level.....

Advertisement
Curtis is not a better WR than George, Brinson, or Smith in his same class.

I would like to see him get run atPR/KR though.

He is tail thin. He was always going to be a developmental player at CB takes 3 years to see much from.

Give him some time, he has been on campus about 12-14 months.

Curtis is not a better WR than George, Brinson, or Smith in his same class.

I would like to see him get run atPR/KR though.

He is tail thin. He was always going to be a developmental player at CB takes 3 years to see much from.

Give him some time, he has been on campus about 12-14 months.
He has good size now

Advertisement
Back