OOC basketball schedule

Advertisement
I think that's all of them. When you add the other 2 games for the Wooden Classic after GW (whoever they turn out to be), it looks like a 28 game schedule. 28-0

DATE
OPPONENTLOCATIONRESULT
Fri, Nov 8
St. Francis (NY)Coral Gables, FL
Mon, Nov 11Georgia SouthernCoral Gables, FL
Thur, Nov 14
Texas SouthernCoral Gables, FL
Mon, Nov 18College of CharlestonCharleston, SC
Thur, Nov 21UCFCoral Gables, FL
Thur, Nov 28George Washington**Anaheim, CA

Wed, Dec 4Nebraska (ACC-B1G 10 Challenge)Lincoln, NE
Sun, Dec 8Virginia Tech*
Coral Gables, FL
Thur, Dec 19Savannah StateSavannah, GA
Sat, Jan 4Syracuse*
Syracuse, NY
Wed, Jan 8North Carolina*
Chapel Hill, NC
Wed, Jan 15Florida State*
Coral Gables, FL
Sat, Jan 18Georgia Tech*
Atlanta, GA
Wed, Jan 22Duke*
Coral Gables, FL
Sat, Jan 25Syracuse*
Coral Gables, FL
Wed, Jan 29Maryland*
College Park, MD
Wed, Feb 5Pittsburgh*
Coral Gables, FL
Sat, Feb 8NC State*
Coral Gables, FL
Mon, Feb 10Florida State*
Tallahassee, FL
Sat, Feb 15Virginia Tech*
Blacksburg, VA
Wed, Feb 19Notre Dame*
Coral Gables, FL
Sat, Feb 22Boston College*
Coral Gables, FL
Wed, Feb 26Virginia*
Charlottesville, VA
Sat, Mar 1NC State*
Raleigh, NC
Tue, Mar 4Clemson*
Clemson, SC
Sat, Mar 8Wake Forest*
Coral Gables, FL

ACC Tournament

DATE
OPPONENTLOCATIONRESULT
Wed, Mar 12
First RoundGreensboro, NC

You sure? I thought playing in those tournaments meant you were allowed to have 30 or 31 total games. Last year we had 30.

Advertisement
You sure? I thought playing in those tournaments meant you were allowed to have 30 or 31 total games. Last year we had 30.

29 games, or 27 games plus exempt up to four games - this event has four because Charleston is "non-bracketed." We're playing 31 total.

Advertisement
Advertisement
11/8: St. Francis (JOKE)

11/11:GA Southern (JOKE)

11/14:TX Southern (JOKE)

11/18:mad:College of Charleston
- 2012-13: 24-11 (14-4)
- 152 RPI (Last Year)
- Southern Conference last year CAA this year

11/21: UCF
- 2012-13: 20-11 (9-7)
- 100 RPI
- Departures: Keith Clanton (14.8 PPG, 8.5 RPB, 2.0 BPG, 2.5 APG and 1.1 SPG)
- Good team coming back with Sykes, Wilson, Spurlock and Newell.
- Donnie Jones is a really good coach
- UCF was ineligible for the 2013 Conference USA Men's Basketball Tournament or a post-season berth

11/28 George Washington
- 2012-13: 13-17 (7-9)
- 136 RPI

(with a potential rematch against MarQuief)

12/4 @ Nebraska
- 2012-13: 15-18 (5-13)
- 104 RPI

12/9 @ Savannah State

12/23 La Salle (we beat them 76-59)
- 2012-13: 24-10 (11-5)
- RPI 34
- NCAA Tourney Team, Sweet 16 Team (2-1)
- Departure: Ramon Galloway (Leading Scorer and Assist Leader 17.0PPG, 3.8APG)
- Tyreek Duren might be top 3 PG in the A-10 this year and they essentially return everyone else.

12/30 Loyola-Maryland [Patriot League]
- 2012-13: 23-12 (12-6)
- RPI 98

2/1 Norfolk State

Last edited:
Advertisement
The OOC schedule looks putrid, but it's a rebuilding year so that's fine.

No big names, but the schedule is such that we play some competitive small-conference teams that won't have a major negative impact on our schedule. Compare that to a team like Wake Forest, which might be projected to finish ahead of us in conference but plays three teams with RPIs higher than 300 OOC, and only plays one road game.

FYI - ESPN ranked OOC schedules by conference. They rated us 6 of 10 in "toughness." That's better than Clemson (2), Georgia Tech (5), NC State (5), Pittsburgh (1), Virginia Tech (4), and Wake Forest (5), and is tied with Syracuse and Maryland. Keep in mind, that doesn't necessarily relate to the impact on RPI or how the committee will look at us, just difficulty in terms of games.

MIAMI

Toughest: Wooden Legacy (Nov. 28-Dec. 1)
Next-toughest: La Salle (Dec. 22)
The rest: St. Francis (Nov. 8), Georgia Southern (Nov. 11), Texas Southern (Nov. 14), at Charleston (Nov. 18), UCF (Nov. 21), Nebraska (Dec. 4), at Savannah State (Dec. 19), Loyola-Md (Dec. 30)

Toughness scale (1-10): 6 — After a thoroughly euphoric 2012-13 season marked by an ACC regular-season and tournament title, a No. 2 tournament seed, and a first-round draft pick (point guard Shane Larkin), the Hurricanes are due for a serious hangover in 2013-14. Fortunately, their nonconference schedule shouldn't be too punishing. Other than the Wooden Legacy -- a quality field featuring Creighton, Marquette, San Diego State and Arizona State -- La Salle is the one real opponent of note, and they have to come to Coral Gables.

So assuming no Rodriguez, what do do you think of our OOC schedule overall (only include what is guaranteed i.e. no second round matchup in the Wooden Legacy).

11 Total Games (Hardest to Easiest)

1. UCF
- Good team, lot of players returning and we're coming off a road game 3 days prior at the College of Charleston
- Good thing the game is at home

2. La Salle
- Good team, lot of players returning and we're coming off a road game 3 days prior at Savannah State

(SEVERE DROP OFF)

3. @ Nebraska
- Just because it is on the road and no national TV. They are not a good team per se but depending on how we get going in the Wooden Legacy and how far we get could determine the difficulty of this game.

4. George Washington (Wooden Legacy)
- Not a good team but it is a big far trip for both teams. We should win but who knows?

5. Loyola Maryland
- Not a great opponent and a long rest for us, probably the best team of the 7 teams left.

Teams 6-11 are all crap, utter crap.

The two hardest opponents are the only REAL opponents on the OOC. If we can split them, win the other 9 games then that leaves us at 10-1 (plus how we do in the Wooden Legacy).

At most we can play 13 games, it would be cool to finish with an OOC of 11 wins total. I have no doubt that Coach will have this team playing to their best capabilities and it is a good thing we play 5 terrible opponents (1 exhibition) before we play UCF at home.

Should be a good ride.

PLEASE NOTE I EDITED THE NAME OF OUR WAIVER PG TO RODRIGUEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So assuming no Hernandez, what do do you think of our OOC schedule overall (only include what is guaranteed i.e. no second round matchup in the Wooden Legacy).

11 Total Games (Hardest to Easiest)

1. UCF
- Good team, lot of players returning and we're coming off a road game 3 days prior at the College of Charleston

2. La Salle
- Good team, lot of players returning and we're coming off a road game 3 days prior at Savannah State

(SEVERE DROP OFF)

3. @ Nebraska
- Just because it is on the road and no national TV. They are not a good team per se but depending on how we get going in the Wooden Legacy and how far we get could determine the difficulty of this game.

4. George Washington (Wooden Legacy)
- Not a good team but it is a big far trip for both teams. We should win but who knows?

5. Loyola Maryland
- Not a great opponent and a long rest for us, probably the best team of the 7 teams left.

Teams 6-11 are all crap, utter crap.

The two hardest opponents are the only REAL opponents on the OOC. If we can split them, win the other 9 games then that leaves us at 10-1 (plus how we do in the Wooden Legacy).

At most we can play 13 games (if we make the finals of the Wooden Legacy), it would be cool to finish with an OOC of 11 wins total. I have no doubt that Coach will have this team playing to their best capabilities and it is a good thing we play 5 terrible opponents (1 exhibition) before we play UCF at home.

Should be a good ride.

So, a few points.

One, the player we're waiting for a waiver on is Angel Rodriguez, not Hernandez. I'm not optimistic based on what I've heard.

Two, I agree with ESPN (and I'm not really sure why you don't) - La Salle is our toughest game. This is a Sweet 16 team last year who returns everyone but their leading scorer (who to be fair, was also their leading assist man, leading steals man, third-leading rebounder - he did a ton for them). But they return their next 9 leading scorers, including five who averaged 6.4 PPG or more - 6.4 PPG being the average of our leading returning scorer, Rion Brown. UCF does return a ton too, but their most challenging matchup problem for us (Keith Clanton) is gone.

Three, Wooden Legacy is a guaranteed three games. We will play 13 OOC games. It is just a question of advancing or going into the loser's bracket.

Advertisement
Back