OOC basketball schedule

So, a few points.

One, the player we're waiting for a waiver on is Angel Rodriguez, not Hernandez. I'm not optimistic based on what I've heard.

Two, I agree with ESPN (and I'm not really sure why you don't) - La Salle is our toughest game. This is a Sweet 16 team last year who returns everyone but their leading scorer (who to be fair, was also their leading assist man, leading steals man, third-leading rebounder - he did a ton for them). But they return their next 9 leading scorers, including five who averaged 6.4 PPG or more - 6.4 PPG being the average of our leading returning scorer, Rion Brown. UCF does return a ton too, but their most challenging matchup problem for us (Keith Clanton) is gone.

Three, Wooden Legacy is a guaranteed three games. We will play 13 OOC games. It is just a question of advancing or going into the loser's bracket.

1. Yes the kid's name is Rodriguez. I edited my post.

2. ESPN is giving an opinion, I am giving an opinion. Both are opinions. I believe UCF is a more difficult game because they have a very good coach and return a ton of talent. I think the talent returning plus the coach makes UCF a more difficult opponent. It is just an opinion. UCF and La Salle are clearly more difficult then the rest of the guaranteed competition. Would you agree?

3. Thank you for the explanation of the Wooden Legacy, I will fix my post again.

Advertisement
ESPN is giving an opinion, I am giving an opinion. Both are opinions. I believe UCF is a more difficult game because they have a very good coach and return a ton of talent. I think the talent returning plus the coach makes UCF a more difficult opponent. It is just an opinion. UCF and La Salle are clearly more difficult then the rest of the guaranteed competition. Would you agree?

You are entitled to your opinion, certainly, and I hope I didn't imply that you're not. I feel a team that Sweet 16 team that is returning almost its entire team is more dangerous than a team that went 9-7 in Conference USA last year (and likely would not have made the NCAA tournament even if it was eligible). To your point, we are playing UCF earlier in the season, coming off of a more difficult road game, and before a likely difficult tournament, so there is certainly more "trap potential" on November 21 than there would be on December 22 with such a new team.

(By the way, I'll also add that College of Charleston is probably one of our three or four toughest OOC games out of those that are "guaranteed." They won 24 games last year, including wins over BC and Baylor, and return a good amount of talent and stats as well.)

ESPN is giving an opinion, I am giving an opinion. Both are opinions. I believe UCF is a more difficult game because they have a very good coach and return a ton of talent. I think the talent returning plus the coach makes UCF a more difficult opponent. It is just an opinion. UCF and La Salle are clearly more difficult then the rest of the guaranteed competition. Would you agree?

You are entitled to your opinion, certainly, and I hope I didn't imply that you're not. I feel a team that Sweet 16 team that is returning almost its entire team is more dangerous than a team that went 9-7 in Conference USA last year (and likely would not have made the NCAA tournament even if it was eligible). To your point, we are playing UCF earlier in the season, coming off of a more difficult road game, and before a likely difficult tournament, so there is certainly more "trap potential" on November 21 than there would be on December 22 with such a new team.

(By the way, I'll also add that College of Charleston is probably one of our three or four toughest OOC games out of those that are "guaranteed." They won 24 games last year, including wins over BC and Baylor, and return a good amount of talent and stats as well.)

I look at Donnie Jones and see a guy who can coach, look at that team and what he has done there. I know they had to vacate all their 2010-11 games but if you include them he is 63-34 at UCF. I just think he makes UCF a little better than La Salle and much more difficult matchup because we may not get that coaching advantage, so agree to disagree...both are the two hardest games IMO.

As for College of Charleston, Lawrence (Leading Scorer) is gone. Last year, they had an SOS of #258 so 24 wins is not the most impressive thing to me. I just think that Nebraska game on national TV may be a more difficult opponent, we will see.

Advertisement
Back