Kn[]_[]ckles3o5

Sophomore
Premium
for the recruiting sites to take away Yearby's 5th star. :mad:

** Correction **
Two Weeks

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not surprised, even in basketball Adonys Henriquez was ranked 33rd in the nation on espn, committed to Miami and now dropped out of the top 60 and they dropped his grade significantly

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1458099 said:
I use the 247 composite rankings

Me too, those seem like the best I have found, considering it's educated guessing for the most part.

Advertisement
For people who claim to not care about star rankings, y'all sure do make a Lot of posts about them.

do they matter or do they not? Make up your minds.

For people who claim to not care about star rankings, y'all sure do make a Lot of posts about them.

It doesn't matter when you are talkin bout talent but, I feel bad for the kid. You know he's proud of havin the 5* tag and he shouldn't lose it because he committed to us, especially during the off season when there is no basis for dropping his rank.

50.gif

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1458120 said:

It doesn't matter when you are talkin bout talent but, I feel bad for the kid. You know he's proud of havin the 5* tag and he shouldn't lose it because he committed to us, especially during the off season when there is no basis for dropping his rank.

Sure there is, he committed to a smaller private school that doesnt have as many alumni. Thus they cant pump him to a bigger fan base like Ohio State, FSU, UF, Bama, etc.... so he must be dropped down the list. Only kids who are supposedly interested in schools with large fan bases can have 5 stars. It has nothign to do with talent or productivity, its all about entertainment and making money.

If you know that's what it's all about then why do y'all care and keep making posts about what a kid is or isn't ranked?

Advertisement

He moved to a 4 star because Scout dropped him 4 spots despite giving him his 5th star. Composite rankings are even more meaningless than the rankings altogether, IMO. It just takes the average of every site. 247 themselves have him much lower than scout and rivals.

Advertisement

He moved to a 4 star because Scout dropped him 4 spots despite giving him his 5th star. Composite rankings are even more meaningless than the rankings altogether, IMO. It just takes the average of every site. 247 themselves have him much lower than scout and rivals.

It wasn't his rank compared to other players that I noticed a drop in, it was his skill rating. Dropped a couple tenths of a point or somethin, just enough to knock him back to 4*. Could just be coincidence but, it always seems to happen and it irked me this afternoon when I noticed.

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1458548 said:

It wasn't his rank compared to other players that I noticed a drop in, it was his skill rating. Dropped a couple tenths of a point or somethin, just enough to knock him back to 4*. Could just be coincidence but, it always seems to happen and it irked me this afternoon when I noticed.

Where he is ranked is apart of the composite. The only change from any site was Scout dropping him 4 spots. Which shows how crazy the composite score is. Guy drops 4 spots while gaining an extra star but it moved his "composite score" down in the process. Again, I don't understand why 247 does it and doesn't just stand behind their own rankings like other sites do.

Advertisement
Back