Only Mario is to Blame

mossmadness

"Couldn't" Care Less.
Mario took over Oregon in 2018.

According to F+ analytics, these are the number of games in which Oregon’s offense received a NEGATIVE value generated rating under Mario:

2018 (with Justin Herbert at QB): 6 games including 2 games with negative value scores over 20, which is insane.

2019 (Herbert): 5 games

2020: 3 games (COVID meant only 7 games that year)

2021: 5 games (when the roster was stacked with Mario recruits)

2022: 8 games

2023: 5 games (counting NC St and we still have plenty to go).

Basically, almost half the games Mario coaches every year generates negative offensive value.

Does Dawson suck? Yes. I called him the “Destroyer of Offenses” in the coaching search thread for a reason. Does TVD suck? Yes.

But those two haven’t been the OC-QB combo the entire time.

Mario is the only common denominator.

Stop listening to anybody that tells you Mario doesn’t interfere in the offense. Or Mario doesn’t have a preferred style. Or that what Mario has done is what the big boys do and this is the offense that UGA and champions run.

There is no QB that is going to save us from this. There is no recruiting class that is going to save us from this. There is no OC that is going to save us from this.

Life under Mario will be a minimum of at least 5 games a year where the offense will produce a negative value. We will flip a coin as to whether we win those games. And that’s how you lose 2 to 5 games a year, depending on how the coin falls.

Advertisement
F26C2FAE-2F9A-4876-84D7-0E4C0F2865CA.jpeg

Update:

This game will also receive a negative value generated rating when the numbers come out on Monday.

That’s 6 for the season.

We actually might match last year’s negative offensive value games.

The QBs change. The OCs change. One thing remains the same during all of these negative value seasons.

Yeah I can’t defend this guy anymore……I’ve tried and wanted to believe that he can get this right but he’s outdated, clueless, and quite frankly incompetent in late game decisions and gameday coaching in general. He better be able to produce Top 5-10 recruiting classes like clockwork (not looking too promising at present time) or this is a complete disaster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Saw the thread title, saw the thread maker, and the first post didn’t disappoint. Unranked team had a chance to tie or win game on final possession, on the road, with a FR QB, against #4 team on nation, who knows that our only chance is running the football…..but OP thinks it’s HC fault.

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

Sure. But we knew coaching wasn’t his strong suit. His worst mistake was hiring two OCs back to back who suck ***. And don’t give me the “Dawson is being handicapped” bull****. He has no idea how to adjust to what defenses present him. It’s actually pathetic. That dude cost us the game.

Advertisement
At one point, on our 35 to 45 yard line, we came out in a goal line set. Literally no WRs split out. And ran two straight plays for nothing.

Does anybody actually think that’s what Kirby Smart is doing, or that **** would keep Kirby up at night if he had to go against it?

We had Emory pretend like he was reading a defender on handoffs to try to make FSU think it was an RPO, because we don’t actually run RPO.

Think about that. Part of our strategy against FSU was to actually fake being a modern offense.

Saw the thread title, saw the thread maker, and the first post didn’t disappoint. Unranked team had a chance to tie or win game on final possession, on the road, with a FR QB, against #4 team on nation, who knows that our only chance is running the football…..but OP thinks it’s HC fault.

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

“Saw the thread maker.”

I wish I could say “saw who the notification was from,” but I have no idea who you are.

Advertisement
But the Sfl guys wanted this guy so bad..and Miami dumb *** gave this dude a 10 year contract idk how much more I can take of this real talk ..forever canes but I will put them on the shelf and just lock in on my other sports teams

Advertisement
Back