Only 10 Manny guys remaining on this roster

Hstokes1447

Junior
10 guys remain from the Manny era and I could see that number reducing by 3-5 more guys before the spring portal window closes.

Solid Contributors
OT Jalen Rivers (Will start this season, and becoming one of the better Tackles in college football)
TE Elijah Arroyo (Will start and could play his way to being one of the best TE's in the ACC if not the nation)
WR Xavier Restrepo (Best slot receiver in the nation)
WR Jacolby George (Will start and if he can take the next step and be more constant, he could put up crazy numbers with Cam at QB)
K Andres Borregales (One of the best Kickers in college football)

Non Factors
OT Zion Nelson (Fully expect to see him enter the portal or simply retire)
C Ryan Rodriguez (Could provide some depth, but I don't expect much)
WR Michael Redding III (Expect to see him in the portal)
LB Chase Smith (If fully healthy he could provide solid depth, but wouldn't be surprised if he hits the portal)
S Brian Balom (Expect to see him in the portal)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Less than 10 guys remain from the Manny era and I could see that number reducing by 3-5 more guys before the spring portal window closes.

Solid Contributors
OT Jalen Rivers (Will start this season, and becoming one of the better Tackles in college football)
TE Elijah Arroyo (Will start and could play his way to being one of the best TE's in the ACC if not the nation)
WR Jacolby George (Will start and if he can take the next step and be more constant, he could put up crazy numbers with Cam at QB)

Non Factors
LB Chase Smith (If fully healthy he could provide solid depth, but wouldn't be surprised if he hits the portal)

No more excuses for Mario. This is his team. Time to win at least 9 games!

Advertisement
X is still on the team
Less than 10 guys remain from the Manny era and I could see that number reducing by 3-5 more guys before the spring portal window closes.

Solid Contributors

Non Factors

Do we not consider guys that manny recruited and were committed prior to Mario? Some got processed before signing but there wasn’t time to scrap all of them even if Mario wanted to.

Jacurri, for instance, I know he already he already transferred out but I Mario recruits him if he was here for that full cycle.

That leaves Harris, Horton, and Markeith Williams as well

Advertisement
No more excuses for Coker Shannon Golden Richt Manny Mario. This is his team. Time to win at least 9 games!
Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

Do we not consider guys that manny recruited and were committed prior to Mario? Some got processed before signing but there wasn’t time to scrap all of them even if Mario wanted to.

Jacurri, for instance, I know he already he already transferred out but I Mario recruits him if he was here for that full cycle.

Mario kept that trio on, hasn’t exiled them, and he and the mustache ride are the only college development they’ve seen. Those are Mario’s “guys”

Technically Wes too, even if he knew what was about to happen.

When I took an executive role at a previous company, I fired everyone I used to work with, solely because they weren’t “my guys”. I spent the next 3 months rebuilding the exact team I wanted, turned the company around and brought in record profits. Boatloads of cash. I used that success to leverage a position with a bigger rival company, with much better incentives and stock options. I then recruited/portaled the best from my previous team, and used the knowledge of that organization I’d gained to gut them in the marketplace, then repeated the process.

I understand Mario’s challenge better than most. My only regret is the personal relationships I made. They were a waste of time.

Advertisement
Technically Wes too, even if he knew what was about to happen.

When I took an executive role at a previous company, I fired everyone I used to work with, solely because they weren’t “my guys”. I spent the next 3 months rebuilding the exact team I wanted, turned the company around and brought in record profits. Boatloads of cash. Then I used that success to leverage a position with a bigger rival company, with much better incentives and stock options. I then recruited/portaled the best from my previous team, and used the knowledge of that organization I’d gained to gut them in the marketplace, the repeated the process.

I understand Mario’s challenge better than most. My only regret is the personal relationships I made. They were a waste of time.
Did you replace the cafeteria/nutrition staff, talent acquisition, and your activities teams as well? Maybe renovate the cardio equipment on site? Heard that goes a long way

All of these guys will have played more seasons for Mario than Manny. These are all Mario guys #stopthesteal.

Can't make chicken salad out of chicken **** (well, I guess you could, it probably wouldn't taste the same, though)...but regardless, this is Mario's team now. There are ZERO excuses to pin on "Manny's guys" if they don't win this season. It's year 3, he has a superstar at the most important position in sports, has recruited back to back top 7 classes, and currently has the #10 ranked portal class (that likely still adds a Top 70 overall player in the country edge and 3 year starter DT, so probably pushes Top 5).

Go win games, now.

Advertisement
10 guys remain from the Manny era and I could see that number reducing by 3-5 more guys before the spring portal window closes.

Solid Contributors

Non Factors

Jacoby can bounce for all I care

Solid Contributors

Non Factors
An outsider would look at this list and assume Manny was an offensive coach that struggles with D

Advertisement
Back