Only 5 commits in 2015 class among Top 25 in Dade & Broward

who needs south florida?

700265.jpg

1134236.jpg

Advertisement
These posters are like flies regurgitating the same post over and over again... Perform a f'ing search before creating the same chit again.

They must have no life i swear over and over and over

And you two Superfans respond with the same, "All is well, " cheerleader schtick. So the cycle continues.

Anything new in the Pres office?

Donna is so unequivocally checked out it isn't even funny. Leblanc and the board of have been pretty much running the show since November. The big reasons for her to retire were she was going to lend support to Hilary Clinton should she run more than likely run for president and as a result she would take up a cabinet position if Hilary were elected. In the event that Hilary didn't run or win, Donna was to remain on the school staff as a professor for Healthcare Administration as she is now. But after her mother's death and how incredibly hard she is taking it she may just retire to pasture in either scenario. She genuinely looks like a beaten woman.

There's apparently a hang up with the Admiral. He's still the frontrunner and I still think he gets the job at the end of the day but his political ideology isn't leftist enough for many board members and especially those connected to the law school which has a deserved reputation as a bastion of left related thinking and academia. He's already discussed potential professors and academic connections he would bring with him and their moderate way of thinking is seen as potentially combative with the Miami donor, trustee, and current political base. He without question has a prior relationship with Butch Davis but I don't know how strong it is now. He was also friendly with Mark Stoops at one point as well.

Whoever the next president is, expect a strong law background as out law school needs the boost the same way our medical school did with Donna.

The best thing I can tell you is the next president will care about sports more than Donna ever did. There's a young, fresh branch of the board who are tired of the way things are. They're also looking to make a more, "South Florida," effort with the identity of the school. There's a kind of schism on the board right now.

The religious studies departments and history departments will be some of the best in the conference and country if the Admiral is hired and out general graduate studies programs will really get running. As of right now there's concern for the welfare of the International Relations graduate department and it may face cancellation due to lack of funding which makes no sense when you consider what an international school Miami is. The change that is coming will more than likely be good for the school both academically and athletically.

Last edited:
These posters are like flies regurgitating the same post over and over again... Perform a f'ing search before creating the same chit again.

They must have no life i swear over and over and over

And you two Superfans respond with the same, "All is well, " cheerleader schtick. So the cycle continues.

Anything new in the Pres office?

Donna is so unequivocally checked out it isn't even funny. Leblanc and the board of have been pretty much running the show since November. The big reasons for her to retire were she was going to lend and the board of have been pretty much running the show since November t to Hilary Clinton should she run more than likely run for president and as a result she would take up a cabinet position if Hilary were elected. In the event that Hilary didn't run or win, Donna was to remain on the school staff as a professor for Healthcare Administration as she is now. But after her mother's death and how incredibly hard she is taking it she may just retire to pasture in either scenario. She genuinely looks like a beaten woman.

There's apparently a hang up with the Admiral. He's still the frontrunner and I still think he gets the job at the end of the day but his political ideology isn't leftist enough for many board members and especially those connected to the law school which has a deserved reputation as a bastion of left related thinking and academia. He's already discussed potential professors and academic connections he would bring with him and their moderate way of thinking is seen as potentially combative with the Miami donor, trustee, and current political base. He without question has a prior relationship with Butch Davis but I don't know how strong it is now. He was also friendly with Mark Stoops at one point as well.

Whoever the next president is, expect a strong law background as out law school needs the boost the same way our medical school did with Donna.

The best thing I can tell you is the next president will care about sports more than Donna ever did. There's a young, fresh branch of the board who are tired of the way things are. They're also looking to make a more, "South Florida," effort with the identity of the school. There's a kind of schism on the board right now.

The religious studies departments and history departments will be some of the best in the conference and country if the Admiral is hired and out general graduate studies programs will really get running. As of right now there's concern for the welfare of the International Relations graduate department and it may face cancellation due to lack of funding which makes no sense when you consider what an international school Miami is. The change that is coming will more than likely be good for the school both academically and athletically.

I'm rooting like **** for Stavridis if in fact it's true that he genuinely cares about UM football. The thought of him not getting to become the next president because he isn't leftist enough is disturbing, but not surprising considering we can't have nice things.

Of all the atrocities Folden has committed in his short time here, this is the most disgraceful.

Only the truest, gayest, biggest excuse of a man would see this and shrug their narrow shoulders while saying "oh all is well."

SoFla football players are the lifeblood of the Hurricane progrum. Out of state kids are the side dishes to the steak. Instead of a nice filet Folden has plopped a giant steaming hot **** on our plate and told us to "eat up!"

Nice to see CaneFam and CoachCane tucked their napkins in their shirts like good little bltches, said grace, and ate up.

Advertisement
The truly sad part is that despite local recruiting misses, Miami was still more talented on paper than every opponent this year except FSU.

I know Golden's recruiting is average at best (and this is the recruiting board so I understand the complaints here) but recruiting is not anywhere near the main reason why Miami is losing games under Golden. I truly believe that if Golden had a roster littered with "5 star" South Florida players, he would still lose 2-3 games. ****, he lost 7 games with a team that has possibly 10 players that could be drafted by the NFL and I'm sure plenty others that will make NFL teams via the undrafted free agency route. Talent cannot mask such terrible coaching.

The truly sad part is that despite local recruiting misses, Miami was still more talented on paper than every opponent this year except FSU.

I know Golden's recruiting is average at best (and this is the recruiting board so I understand the complaints here) but recruiting is not anywhere near the main reason why Miami is losing games under Golden. I truly believe that if Golden had a roster littered with "5 star" South Florida players, he would still lose 2-3 games. ****, he lost 7 games with a team that has possibly 10 players that could be drafted by the NFL and I'm sure plenty others that will make NFL teams via the undrafted free agency route. Talent cannot mask such terrible coaching.

Every day he remains employed is a slap in the face to every Canes fan.

Golden missing out on local kids is nothing new and should surprise nobody.In the 2013 class he only signed 3 dade kids Burns,Grace and Carter and only 1 from broward and that was Tucker.He failed so miserably that year but been the snake he is to avoid the heat went on to sign a bunch of academic longshots like Grifin and Lockley to make the class appear better than it actually was.

Advertisement
Not even sure it matters who they pull in as recruits, they can't coach for ****

Look at the talent in this draft, Dorsett, Duke, Perryman, Chick, Gunter, Walford, and Flowers, on top of Kaaya, Yearby, Coley, etc etc and yet, 6-7.

They can get allllllll the talent they want, but they can't coach them up, in the college game, what does it really matter?

i remember the days where id open the paper the day after signing day and every other name had Miami next to it, aaahhh, the good ole days

Every day he remains employed is a slap in the face to every Canes fan.
It's a slap in the face of football in general. That man should not be allowed on anyone's sidelines at anytime. He's by far the worst coach I've ever seen and I'm considering Ray Handley, Rich Kotite, Charlie Weiss.

Advertisement
Dade County

1. Jaquan Johnson
20. Robert Knowles

Mark Walton was not listed in these rankings since he was viewed as a 2016 recruit at the time, but it goes without saying that he's an elite talent from Dade.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-miami-dade/article1982555.html

Broward County

1. Jordan Scarlett
23. Richard McIntosh

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-broward/article1982525.html

Basically three elite recruits and two other solid gets. Meanwhile, look at the players who aren't coming to Miami from both counties. And to preemptively address the nauseating "we only want kids who want to be Canes" crowd, go f*** yourselves.

Dade County

2. Da'Vante Phillips - Staff worked hard to try to land him, but he unsurprisingly committed to FSU.
3. Davante Davis - One of 3 CBs this staff wanted the most, but he's committed to Texas. Might flip to Auburn.
4. Tim Irvin - Once viewed as a heavy Cane lean who wanted to play with Jaquan Johnson in college. Despises Paul Williams. Headed to Auburn.
5. Carlton Davis - Admitted in an interview that this staff's questionable track record of player development and infrequent utilization of press coverage steered him away from UM. Even apologized for not committing to his hometown school.
7. Jordan Cronkrite - Most won't complain if we end up with Scarlett & Walton at RB, but the staff lied to this kid repeatedly and supposedly/unfairly treated him like dirt. Decommitted.
8. Rashad Fenton - Fans have been screaming for months that we needed to pursue Fenton. Staff felt otherwise. He may now end up at Auburn, UF, or FSU. Offered by UM a week and a half before NSD.
9. Antonio Callaway - May end up here, which would be great. Taking an OV to UF this weekend, though.
19. Devonaire Clarington - Once a heavy UM lean, but he's a potential NCAA Clearinghouse nightmare. Headed elsewhere and likely wouldn't have made it in.

Broward County

2. Torrance Gibson - Taking OV here this weekend, but it would take nothing short of a miracle to land him.
3. Calvin Ridley - Was considered a heavy UM lean a year ago at this time. Headed to Bama.
4. Tarvarus McFadden - Staff technically offered, but they didn't prioritize him or recruit him very much at all. Good enough for FSU, though.
5. Shawn Burgess-Becker - See Calvin Ridley.
6. Tyrek Cole - Off-field issues, apparently.
11. Sh’mar Kilby-Lane - We're incredibly thin at LB, but he was never interested. Committed to FSU.
12. Ronnie Hoggins - Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams never offered.
17. Rashard Causey - Golden/D'Onofrio/Williams never offered.
19. Rodrick Archer - No offer, despite missing on several top LB targets.
24. Richie Cooper - No offer for a talented player, but no one would complain if we end up with Chatman/Cager/Callaway at WR.
25. Adrienne Talan - A board favorite who won't be offered.

As you can see, this isn't just an issue of the staff being unable to land anywhere near enough premier homegrown talent. And it's not just an issue of the staff making former UM leans sour on the program. Neglecting certain UM-caliber players from our own backyard is another major factor behind our staggering lack of success in Dade & Broward this year. No better example than the Fenton situation.

This is an average, at best, class (currently 23rd on 247, for those who care about rankings) that doesn't seem to be in store for a strong finish, especially considering today's news about Marcus Lewis and what that means for our two-year CB haul. Having a grand total of 5 commits among the Top 25 in Dade & Broward is beyond unacceptable.

Why don't you wait until after NSD before complaining about the talent we get. You can't label players with "NCAA Clearinghouse nightmare", "likely wouldn't have made it in", and "off field issues" and then complain when the coaches didn't offer or didn't waste their time with said players. You bash the players and then bash the coaches for not recruiting them just to try and prove a point.

Come on man, enough of the negative nancy stuff! We just wrapped up an abysmal 6-7 season with one of the most talented rosters in the ACC. Be content with the players who are committed and have chosen to represent "THE U" for the next 3-4 years.

Not sure when our fan base will realize that not all the kids that grow up in the Miami/Dade area want to stay and play football here, much less spend the next 3-4 years of their lives here. IMHO, with the current state of our program, there are more reasons for kids to test the waters elsewhere than to stay at home.

Just being fair and balanced with those comments. Not putting any blame on the staff for not ending up with Cole or Clarington and specifically cited the reasoning for that. There are countless other examples, though, where the staff dropped the ball or simply didn't get results.

Be content with an average class? No, thanks. Our greatest built-in advantage as a program is location because of our phenomenal recruiting base. We're clearly not taking advantage of that because of this staff's repeated failures.

The entire point of recruiting is to convince top talent to sign with your program. The Duke Johnson types who commit because they love Miami, never waver, and never take visits elsewhere represent 0.00000001% of the talent pool. Just like with on-field outcomes, recruiting is a win or loss business. If you can't get the job done, you need to be shown the door. Period.

there are some kids on that list that should have been offered no doubt i do hate how they treat their offers like gold

to add we aint going to get every kid down here thats probably never going to happen no matter who the coach is, every kid is different in their recruitment, some want to leave and you cant really do anything about that, some want to play early no matter what, some want the whole college thing, others like academics, kids want money, etc etc

i can see them maybe slow playing kids a lot of schools do that, BUT how we are doing it i dont agree with

On that list, all WR, DB, and RBs outside of Clarington who will have qualification issues and Gibson who is giving us a serious look.

Our RBs commits are all from South Florida
WR: Chatman and Cager are pretty solid. Anyone hating on this pull?
DB: MJ, JJ, Knowles. Solid, and we might grab a few off that list before signing day.

That's a solid list of non-commits but no way we would ever grab them all. Irvin, Ridley, SBB, and Davis are the four that sting. I think if Cronk signs elsewhere, that would also **** me off.

Advertisement
Bump because now we only have 4.

Mark Walton's only here because of Ice Harris. And Token Cane has said Jaquan Johnson would be a Cane even if the staff was comprised of cartoon characters.

Monumental fail by this program-ruining staff.

Every day I wake up and I honestly cannot believe the state of this program. We have dumb and dumber running the football program. I just saw that Coach L is 80-23 in 4 seasons with an ACC ship, and multiple statement games with the most recent being beating Duke @ Duke. Folden is 26-27, 0-4 agains FSU, nothing on his resume warrants his retainment.

Advertisement
Back