Only 10 Manny guys remaining on this roster

Nah, cause the point is that when you're moping you go deep. The comparison was saying EVEN IF it was rare for you to do that (it isn't), but you went all the way to the end of the spectrum when you did it (like you do), that would 100% qualify you as a moper, even if some of the times you also slurp. ... I just didn't explain it lol

This is the second time you allude go @mcnaire2004 being somewhere on "the spectrum." Not cool, bro.

Watch Yourself Thin Ice GIF by South Park

Advertisement
View attachment 288568
I have been in love with the canes for the whole life. All it does is break my heart over and over and over. I'm not going to be a blind homer anymore. My heart can't take it. Off-season isn't enough for me to heal anymore. The only thing that can heal my heart is wins.
View attachment 288570
Is it being a blind homer to acknowledge were headed in the right direction? This isn't crashing pool parties and slip and slides. Most on here have constantly said our talent isn't on par to compete. Well it certainly is now. The problem is people constantly change the bar from one second to the next. At the end of last season people said we're gonna need to win 9 games to see progress. Within two months it became 10 wins and now it's win the acc and go to playoffs. Anything short of that is a failure. It's we don't have a QB. Well now if our QB gets hurt who knows. To oh know jacurri is our savior and he doesn't want to be here anymore. To apparently no one in the country sees value out of jacurri the way we do because that hidden monster at ucf is gonna be trouble for everyone and make us look horrible. All Mario can do is recruit oline & rbs because we can't get QBs, wrs, dt, lbs, dbs. Now it's those two 5 star oline we brought in last cycle on top of numerous 4 star ol aren't enough because we don't have a lt a c or any guards... Wtf. Y'all just wanna be miserable. Acknowledging what's going on now is night and day from anything we've seen in the longest isn't being a blind homer. It's being realistic. No one is saying we're perfect or we don't still have things in an ideal world we'd like to address. It's simply saying this is serious forward trajectory. Anything else is simply more miserable people who want attention & aren't happy with anything short of another parade.

Advertisement
Is it being a blind homer to acknowledge were headed in the right direction? This isn't crashing pool parties and slip and slides.
I don't see it as the right direction. His on field results have been less than his predecessor despite having equal to greater talent to work with at all times.

Most on here have constantly said our talent isn't on par to compete. Well it certainly is now.
We've been favorable with the blue chip ratio for some time. We have had some sub-par coaching. The best coaching in 20+ years came from a guy that literally had Parkinson's. Mario needs an overwhelming talent advantage to overcome his coaching.

The problem is people constantly change the bar from one second to the next. At the end of last season people said we're gonna need to win 9 games to see progress. Within two months it became 10 wins and now it's win the acc and go to playoffs. Anything short of that is a failure. It's we don't have a QB. Well now if our QB gets hurt who knows.
The bar has been changing for some time. When Manny has 7 wins and is a missed FG, and a couple of plays from being 10-2. The two losses would be: Bama who was the only team to beat us convincingly; Mich St (who beat Mich and was a top 10 team) was close until a few obvious let downs. We had enough talent to be winning. The Mario-Metric would say this program changing progress.

Mario takes Manny level talent and gets blown out by Duke with a 1st year hc (who Manny destroyed the year before). Blown out by Pitt (Manny and TVD beat the previous year). Blown out by MTSU. Blown out by FSU (The year before we didn't think there was a talent disparity when Manny was the coach).

Mario flips the roster by 40 players. Wins 7 games. We get GT. We end the season with a loss to Rutgers. Talk about a bar that's moved because we don't even feel bad about it.

10 wins and a playoff birth is a must. If we fall short there will be apologists that point to our lack of DBs or a host of reasons that ultimately would be Mario's fault. His job is to win games.
It's simply saying this is serious forward trajectory.
The results haven't found its way to the field. Not getting on the hype train anymore.
Anything else is simply more miserable people who want attention & aren't happy with anything short of another parade.
A parade would definitely do it for me.

I don't see it as the right direction. His on field results have been less than his predecessor despite having equal to greater talent to work with at all times.

We've been favorable with the blue chip ratio for some time. We have had some sub-par coaching. The best coaching in 20+ years came from a guy that literally had Parkinson's. Mario needs an overwhelming talent advantage to overcome his coaching.

The bar has been changing for some time. When Manny has 7 wins and is a missed FG, and a couple of plays from being 10-2. The two losses would be: Bama who was the only team to beat us convincingly; Mich St (who beat Mich and was a top 10 team) was close until a few obvious let downs. We had enough talent to be winning. The Mario-Metric would say this program changing progress.

Mario takes Manny level talent and gets blown out by Duke with a 1st year hc (who Manny destroyed the year before). Blown out by Pitt (Manny and TVD beat the previous year). Blown out by MTSU. Blown out by FSU (The year before we didn't think there was a talent disparity when Manny was the coach).

Mario flips the roster by 40 players. Wins 7 games. We get GT. We end the season with a loss to Rutgers. Talk about a bar that's moved because we don't even feel bad about it.

10 wins and a playoff birth is a must. If we fall short there will be apologists that point to our lack of DBs or a host of reasons that ultimately would be Mario's fault. His job is to win games.

The results haven't found its way to the field. Not getting on the hype train anymore.

A parade would definitely do it for me.
I'm just curious. Not asking this to take a shot at you. Legit curious. Have you ever played TEAM SPORTS at a high level? Past that question I won't even get annoyed anymore when it relates to things you see. I realize maybe there was some validity in what someone else said...
Visible Light Spectrum GIF by NASA

Last edited:
I'm just curious. Not asking this to take a shot at you. Legit curious. Have you ever played TEAM SPORTS at a high level?
At a high school level.

Past that question I won't even get annoyed anymore when it relates to things you see. I realize maybe there was some validity in what someone else said...
Visible Light Spectrum GIF by NASA
If I'm on the spectrum for not getting caught up in the annual off-season coach-of-the-moment **** sucking when he's clearly failing then that's okay. Someone has to see.
1000001197.gif

At a high school level.

If I'm on the spectrum for not getting caught up in the annual off-season coach-of-the-moment **** sucking when he's clearly failing then that's okay. Someone has to see.
View attachment 288620
What did you think of Butch Davis? Sports by the way it's not as simple in most instances as black and white. It usually lives in a grey area. Also, the issue isn't not getting caught up. It's everything else you tried to rationalize away. Lastly some of my favorite people in this world(including two canes that y'all idolize)are on the spectrum as well.

Advertisement
What did you think of Butch Davis? Sports by the way it's not as simple in most instances as black and white. It usually lives in a grey area. Also, the issue isn't not getting caught up. It's everything else you tried to rationalize away. Lastly some of my favorite people in this world(including two canes that y'all idolize)are on the spectrum as well.
Oh wow.

So you can make some fallacious comparison between a team on probation and Mario? Butch is actually a good coach. He beat Miami plenty at North Carolina and FIU...

Can't imagine the average roster turnover in today's game to be that much different after three years.

What's the point of this thread?
Continue rehashing arguments in debates that everyone already knows all of the points to. Basically a circle jerk till fall practice begins. That's when the mope crowd will grow the weakest. Hope will be gradually be restored with every post practice interview and we will unify by August 31st into one giant slurper.

Oh wow.

So you can make some fallacious comparison between a team on probation and Mario? Butch is actually a good coach. He beat Miami plenty at North Carolina and FIU...
U really gotta stop bud. I get it in your high school dreams you comprehended the logistics to how a football team operates. Maybe it came from Madden or NCAA football. Don't know. Myself I was on Butch's teams and he is a **** good coach. I wasn't asking because of our wins and losses bud. I was asking to see if you could manage to comprehend how we got to that point. You apparently think we just wake up one day and play as an optimized unit from day 1. For instance going back to Butch's teams. Our only starters that really changed throughout the years was at QB. Look at our 98 team and then look at our 99 team. Butch brought us in as kids and put us straight to work BECAUSE JUST LIKE MARIO, HE DIDNT HAVE ANY OPTIONS OTHER THAN US EITHER. If you expect the same results out of a kid fresh out of highschool than you would a junior or a senior than you'd do nothing but nag(not saying you're a nag of course)about the lack of results. Much like this same fanbase did about Butch throughout every year he was here except his last.(Suppose it's a coincidence we had built up some quality depth and role players and our core unit had got experience as a unit. )Remember that Mr die hard cane fan? Remember all the fans trying to run him off then switching up his last year once the results finally came, then instantly switching again saying what a horrible person he was to leave after everything we did for him? Wonder what those fans would think if they realized how he was treated not just by the school but by the fans as well factored into him leaving in the first place. So do me a favor and spare me with your dumb *** comparisons if you're not bright enough to know what goes into them. I don't need to hear about keeping it close or getting a w against some of the worst poo teams in the history of their program etc. if you wanna stick to his actual game day issues it's overstated but their definitely is some validity to it. All the rest of your witty takes, please spare me with that dumb ****. I've heard it often enough. Is him being a good coach even through all the complaining the reason Butch beat Mandy like a step child at fiu? I'll anxiously await your next take on the failure that this program has become and why your heart strings simply won't take it anymore. So if you're gonna suck his ****(I believe it was what you said)you'll only do so after a parade. Was coker worthy of you sucking his ****?

Last edited:
Advertisement
U really gotta stop bud. I get it in your high school dreams you comprehended the logistics to how a football team operates. Maybe it came from Madden or NCAA football. Don't know. Myself I was on Butch's teams and he is a **** good coach. I wasn't asking because of our wins and losses bud. I was asking to see if you could manage to comprehend how we got to that point. You apparently think we just wake up one day and play as an optimized unit from day 1. For instance going back to Butch's teams. Our only starters that really changed throughout the years was at QB. Look at our 98 team and then look at our 99 team. Butch brought us in as kids and put us straight to work BECAUSE JUST LIKE MARIO, HE DIDNT HAVE ANY OPTIONS OTHER THAN US EITHER. If you expect the same results out of a kid fresh out of highschool than you would a junior or a senior than you'd do nothing but nag(not saying you're a nag of course)about the lack of results. Much like this same fanbase did about Butch throughout every year he was here except his last.(Suppose it's a coincidence we had built up some quality depth and role players and our core unit had got experience as a unit. )Remember that Mr die hard cane fan? Remember all the fans trying to run him off then switching up his last year once the results finally came, then instantly switching again saying what a horrible person he was to leave after everything we did for him? Wonder what those fans would think if they realized how he was treated not just by the school but by the fans as well factored into him leaving in the first place. So do me a favor and spare me with your dumb *** comparisons if you're not bright enough to know what goes into them. I don't need to hear about keeping it close or getting a w against some of the worst poo teams in the history of their program etc. if you wanna stick to his actual game day issues it's overstated but their definitely is some validity to it. All the rest of your witty takes, please spare me with that dumb ****. I've heard it often enough. Is him being a good coach even through all the complaining the reason Butch beat Mandy like a step child at fiu? I'll anxiously await your next take on the failure that this program has become and why your heart strings simply won't take it anymore. So if you're gonna suck his ****(I believe it was what you said)you'll only do so after a parade. Was coker worthy of you sucking his ****?
Calm down you're hysterical.

I believe I put that whole program building thing to bed. I've charted every national championship team. You won't find anybody in the last 35 years who took more than a couple years to start winning games. Many times they took over teams in significantly worse situations.

You're basically hoping for something to happen that's literally never happened.

Calm down you're hysterical.

I believe I put that whole program building thing to bed. I've charted every national championship team. You won't find anybody in the last 35 years who took more than a couple years to start winning games. Many times they took over teams in significantly worse situations.

You're basically hoping for something to happen that's literally never happened.
To paraphrase the words of our mutual good buddy @cway313 , K...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back