One year ago... Famous Corn Elder Kickoff TD against Duke

Advertisement
Should've been play of the year, but hardly got any talk after that weekend. Was better than the Stanford-Cal return.

Should've been play of the year, but hardly got any talk after that weekend. Was better than the Stanford-Cal return.

Needed the Duke band in the endzone to get run over...Or at least b11e6920e6e637eab7cae5ea6487ee6e.jpg

That play is even better because of the sodium poisoning that afflicted the five dozen Duke football fans that exist in the world.

Advertisement
People really don't understand how hard that play was. I don't care if they want it called back for a block in the back or whatever, just to execute it the way we did was incredible.

I remember watching Clemson and the end of the game vs Pitt and they attempted something like it and didn't even successfully complete 1 lateral.

Simply amazing.

As amazing as this play is.was, it's even more astonishing when:

1. You realize the backdrop leading into the game. Golden was just fired. Artie's mom had died and he still showed up to play.
2. Kaaya did not start this game, and Rosier was alright for most of it.
3. The refs ABSOLUTELY screwed us. Maybe worse than any game I've ever seen, and that's saying quite a bit bc the refs ***** us on a weekly basis.

Advertisement
I could watch a gif of Njoku executing those duke scrubs on a loop for the rest of my life

As amazing as this play is.was, it's even more astonishing when:

1. You realize the backdrop leading into the game. Golden was just fired. Artie's mom had died and he still showed up to play.
2. Kaaya did not start this game, and Rosier was alright for most of it.
3. The refs ABSOLUTELY screwed us. Maybe worse than any game I've ever seen, and that's saying quite a bit bc the refs ***** us on a weekly basis.

Most definitely the worst reffed game I've ever watched in terms of them obviously favoring Duke. We had 20+ penalties and MAYBE 10 were legit. Literally made up 10 bs penalties, phantom TDs, took away interceptions, took away first downs. Insane.

Other than us versus Texas in the infamous game where we just kicked their *** despite all the penalties, I've never seen a team win a game with penalties so lopsided as this game.

It's completely unfair to call it the Corn Elder kickoff return.

There were 11 guys that all did their job on that bad boy.

Advertisement
Yeah everyone was all butt hurt about Waltons knee being down that's why.

The thing is- multiple, intelligent Duke fans were all like "his knee is down in that still!" and I had to explain that the ball was coming out before his knee was down.

You have to look at the velocity vector of the ball. It was independent of the velocity vector of Walton's hand before the knee impacted the turf, which tells me that Walton didn't have possession.

It's completely unfair to call it the Corn Elder kickoff return.

There were 11 guys that all did their job on that bad boy.

Oddly, I think Dallas was the hero on that play. Took a team effort, but Dallas got up field and drew the defenders to make the throwback work. And he picked the right guy to throw to.

The thing is- multiple, intelligent Duke fans were all like "his knee is down in that still!" and I had to explain that the ball was coming out before his knee was down.

You have to look at the velocity vector of the ball. It was independent of the velocity vector of Walton's hand before the knee impacted the turf, which tells me that Walton didn't have possession.

Also, it looked that way based on a still photo from and odd angle. Refs didn't have that angle and made a judgement call.

Advertisement
Was less down than the Cal player who had his whole body on the ground. If your hand is open, your knee can be down. Open hand means lack of control when knee is down. It was the right call.

Advertisement
Back