One thing that stuck with me re:richts hiring

hamburgerhipster

Band
Banned
Is him feeling he needed a break after his firing and taking a year off. He mentioned maybe the job wouldn't be available in a year, however, and went ahead with this job.

I think that break WAS actually needed. He radically rushed into this job without taking time off from a 15 year run at Georgia and a final year with a lot of drama. Compounding the issue (as has been mentioned before) is adding extra responsibility to his plate with playcalling duties when he seriously considered a break (and with a green staff).

The hire is looking more like a mistake because of what was apparent but neither he couldn't confess too, or the administration really see prior to the decision to hire him: his obvious burnout from coaching. We caught him in the middle of an ego burst, and the irrational need to prove himself while not listening to his fatigue and the circumstances which got him fired.

Guy needs to go IMHO. Before I get criticized try and remember what I said.

This team is worse than last year with Golden.

Advertisement
Some things take a step back before they can go forward. Obviously we are worse at the moment using his system. We just don't know if we get better next year.

That quote always concerned me as well. In any event, he needs to rebuild the OL and hire a real OC. Otherwise we're just repeating the Shannon/Golden years.

Some things take a step back before they can go forward. Obviously we are worse at the moment using his system. We just don't know if we get better next year.

No I understand that.... But the on field coaching, which we thought would dramatically improve under richt has been worse where his responsibilities are most central.

I wanted Herman, Fuente or Butch

Was upset at the initial signing but then let myself get hyped about this loser

Advertisement
I wanted Herman, Fuente or Butch

Was upset at the initial signing but then let myself get hyped about this loser

I wanted Herman for sure and fuente looked really good, too.

Richt should retire after the year and become a minister. He's a good man who should do something else.

He isn't HALF the playcaller he was at FSU.

Is him feeling he needed a break after his firing and taking a year off. He mentioned maybe the job wouldn't be available in a year, however, and went ahead with this job.

I think that break WAS actually needed. He radically rushed into this job without taking time off from a 15 year run at Georgia and a final year with a lot of drama. Compounding the issue (as has been mentioned before) is adding extra responsibility to his plate with playcalling duties when he seriously considered a break (and with a green staff).

The hire is looking more like a mistake because of what was apparent but neither he couldn't confess too, or the administration really see prior to the decision to hire him: his obvious burnout from coaching. We caught him in the middle of an ego burst, and the irrational need to prove himself while not listening to his fatigue and the circumstances which got him fired.

Good Point.

The situation was also helped along by our administrations ridiculous need/wish to get a squeaky clean coach along with the administration's lack of football knowledge.

Anyone who watched college football knows that he underachieved with lots of talent at Georgia.

We turn around experience or innovative guys like Butch Davis and Mike Leach because of minor baggage or strange personality.

Good Point.

The situation was also helped along by our administrations ridiculous need/wish to get a squeaky clean coach along with the administration's lack of football knowledge.

Anyone who watched college football knows that he underachieved with lots of talent at Georgia.

We turn around experience or innovative guys like Butch Davis and Mike Leach because of minor baggage or strange personality.

Fuente would have been a better hire. A guy who radically turned out a program and was a young up and comer. It's crazy how much worse richt is as a playcaller now than at FSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back