one thing i learned about James Coley

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
i had a hutch earlier in year golden handcuffs him. In 1st half when he let Coley go aggressive, he was killing FSU. Then 2nd half he puts the handcuffs on him. I dont think coley is really that bad a problem.

Advertisement
i had a hutch earlier in year golden handcuffs him. In 1st half when he let Coley go aggressive, he was killing FSU. Then 2nd half he puts the handcuffs on him. I dont think coley is really that bad a problem.

Honestly think the anger about the offensive play calling is a bit overblown.

Like I said in the game thread, I knew we'd be really good early. They had 13 days to prepare for ***** sake. You should be able to put together a decent plan in that amount of time.

We put some wrinkles in during the first half that we hadn't run all year. Might have shot our wad.

We ran different plays from different personnel groupings and had them on the ropes.

FSU then did what I thought they might and backed off because their corners were getting torched.

You have to be able to run the football against a box that isn't stacked and we couldn't do it.

Overall I thought the approach left a bit to be desired in the 2nd half, but their idea, at least initially to start the half wasn't off base.

I understand they wanted to let duke takeover the game and he had a good night, but we still needed to throw the ball some,
Especially on first down when we were far too predictable.

I thought the kids played their asses off last night. Unfortunately it wasn't enough and that's a **** shame because I'm sick and ******* tired of being fsu's door mat.

Advertisement
I understand they wanted to let duke takeover the game and he had a good night, but we still needed to throw the ball some,
Especially on first down when we were far too predictable.

Especially when your conditioning is so **** ******* poor that your RBs cramp up in 72 degree night games, relying on a running game is a poor choice.

How do you know that Golden put handcuffs on him? How do you know that he "let" Coley be aggressive in the 1st half?

Knowing that F$U was going to have to start stopping the TEs, they should've been able to exploit underneath crossing routes with WRs, pounding the ball with Duke and Yearby, and taking an occasional shot down field. Instead, Coley became predictable---mostly ran the ball on 1st down, and tried to hit the TE on the same routes that worked in the 1st half. That played right into F$U's obvious halftime adjustments. Coley (and Golden) fuqqed up (again) with the offensive gameplan.

James Coley was brought here so guys like Cook and Rudolf sign as Canes. Fail.

His offense is statistically mediocre, and outside of his scripted plays he rarely makes good adjustments.

I don't think he's the main problem, but if I have to stomach a dirty Nole as my OC, he better be killing it in some area, and Coley is just OK.

Yearby was unimpressive. We needed a big game from him as Duke was struggling with cramps and he didn't deliver.

Advertisement
Coley is not the reason Cook and Rudolph are not playing for the Canes...

BTW, Kaaya is at UM soley due to Coley...let that sink in for a sec.

James Coley was brought here so guys like Cook and Rudolf sign as Canes. Fail.

His offense is statistically mediocre, and outside of his scripted plays he rarely makes good adjustments.

I don't think he's the main problem, but if I have to stomach a dirty Nole as my OC, he better be killing it in some area, and Coley is just OK.

Advertisement
This shouldn't surprise anyone. We did the same thing against UF last year and it was overlooked because we won.

Advertisement
Been very critical of Coley for 2 years now. He has improved but his phone won't be ringing any time soon. 3rd down % is is weakness and a very bad one.

Coley called an excellent game. Miami left a lot of points on the field. You can't blame the OC for fumbles, dropped passes, and missed throws. Even with the more conservatively called second half, there were plays to be made where Miami just didn't execute. The Dobard fumble was a killer, as was the tipped incompletion intended for Dorsett. In fact, every one of Kaaya's tipped/batted down throws would have been huge plays.

how do you know this? source?

Advertisement
Back