One thing I hoped for and expected does not seem to be happening.

fraggle

Senile Senior
Rotation, especially on the defensive line. Also wonder if our young LB's might improve our linebacking instead of having Shaq and Pink play every defensive and ST's downs. From quotes and observations we should be able to wear teams out especially with the positions at which we have depth. I hope it isn't just talk about getting Nesta and Trevon and Bolden snaps. I remember a game against FSU when we did not have exceptional DL talent buts lots of depth and Erickson rotated throughout the game and wore out FSU's OL...worked so well Bowden copied him after we whipped them.

I forgot to mention RB's too...using primarily Cam and DeeJay is rather disturbing, heck Jimmy Murphy might have been better on the goal line.

Advertisement
Rotation, especially on the defensive line. Also wonder if our young LB's might improve our linebacking instead of having Shaq and Pink play every defensive and ST's downs. From quotes and observations we should be able to wear teams out especially with the positions at which we have depth. I hope it isn't just talk about getting Nesta and Trevon and Bolden snaps. I remember a game against FSU when we did not have exceptional DL talent buts lots of depth and Erickson rotated throughout the game and wore out FSU's OL...worked so well Bowden copied him after we whipped them.

I forgot to mention RB's too...using primarily Cam and DeeJay is rather disturbing, heck Jimmy Murphy might have been better on the goal line.

Jimmy Murphy would rip a runner's head off. He's got fire.

And quick as a cheetah at lunchtime.

We have four very capable RBs (and I'm not talking Murphy) yet we only see two. Yet we're not fully exploiting the two who play.

So you don’t subscribe to the theory that good running backs want to carry the ball more especially in the 4th quarter. Difficult to do playing 3 running backs unless you blow out your opponent. We don’t blow out the teams we should, at least not for the past 10 years.

Advertisement
OP's post backs up the point we lack both a defensive identity and an offensive identity.

Advertisement
Back