One thing evidently clear in College Football.

You guys are leaving a huge part of an equation out.
And that’s quarter back.
Watching Bama bs uga and also watching Oregon this season its easy to see that a bad qb will put a huge monkey wrench in whatever scheme you have.
Stetson Bennet vs Bryce young wasn’t even close. Give credit to bamas defense too but the 2 dudes are on totally different levels.
Brown at Oregon was painful to watch.

An injured King vs a Healthy tvd was like watching 2 different teams.

Clemson with sunshine vs Clemson with Kelly. One of them won a natty and the other barely moved the ball in the playoffs.
QB remains the most important position for sure.

We got a stud now who’s about to end our bowl loss streak and land us into some great company next season.

TVD and the Miami offense should be able to win enough shootouts to get us to the ACCCG Game.

If we can pull some portal studs on defense and OL we are going to be balling.

Advertisement
Jimmies and Joes Matter.

Alabama, UGA, had out talented everyone they played.

Cincy and Michigan out coached the teams they played.

We will see in the playoffs what happens when Phenomenal talent meets phenomenal coaching jobs by Michigan and Cincy.

Im leaning on the side of talent.

Which brings me to the next point.

Mário Cristobal welcome home. In my head it’s already a done deal.

If that man stacks the cupboard with true talent Dalvin Cook over Joe Yearby (no’s slight to Joe, good player here) type of 5 stars on offense and defense we will be set.

Many of you are worried about this man as a game day coach. I don’t worry when the talent gap is too large to overcome see UGA this year. Bama most years.

Get the real dudes in here. Start landing them. Stack them recruiting classes with actual studs.

Some of you will hit me with. “We’ve been the second or first most talented ACC roster since we arrived here.”

On paper that’s true. Then when you look at a lot of the names it’s been underwhelming and honestly not better than some other players in the ACC. Lots of jags.

Last decade of Miami National Recruiting rankings

Year | National Rank | ACC Rank
2010: #14 #2
2011: #33 #6
2012: #10 #2
2013 #14 #2
2014 #12 #2
2015 #27 #3
2016 #22 #3
2017 #12 #2
2018 #8 #2
2019 #27 #4
2020: #17 #3
2021: #11 #2

When all things are equal coaching usually wins out. But how many times a year do you see the big dawgs get into a dogfight with the little schools. Then all of a sudden 75 Yard TD out of nowhere to blow the game open.

Miami needs some real game changers. Here’s to hoping y’all are right about his ability to land these dawgs and get this program back.
Who did Cincy out coach this year?

We have been searching for the generational talent for several years now.

We finally have him in TVD. Now we need to put a coaching staff and roster around him and hope he elects to stay past next season.

But this is how it starts. Mario takes the tape of TVD to the next high-end QB recruit and asks "You can be this guy." Once you can get on that downhill slope where you're recruiting high-end talent year-in, year-out, coaching becomes easier.

Advertisement
Jimmies and Joes Matter.

We will see in the playoffs what happens when Phenomenal talent meets phenomenal coaching jobs by Michigan and Cincy.

If that man stacks the cupboard with true talent Dalvin Cook over Joe Yearby (no’s slight to Joe, good player here) type of 5 stars on offense and defense we will be set.

Many of you are worried about this man as a game day coach. I don’t worry when the talent gap is too large to overcome see UGA this year. Bama most years.

Get the real dudes in here. Start landing them. Stack them recruiting classes with actual studs.

Some of you will hit me with. “We’ve been the second or first most talented ACC roster since we arrived here.”

On paper that’s true. Then when you look at a lot of the names it’s been underwhelming and honestly not better than some other players in the ACC. Lots of jags.

2013 #14 #2
2014 #12 #2
2015 #27 #3
2016 #22 #3
2017 #12 #2
2018 #8 #2
2019 #27 #4

When all things are equal coaching usually wins out. But how many times a year do you see the big dawgs get into a dogfight with the little schools. Then all of a sudden 75 Yard TD out of nowhere to blow the game open.

Miami needs some real game changers. Here’s to hoping y’all are right about his ability to land these dawgs and get this program back.
A for effort brother

Absolutely Nick is the goat and Kirby is a good coach too. Also recruiting monsters.

Michigan is talented at the same time OSU has the better roster. Jim Harbaugh had to coach his *** off for the W.

Cincy is talented but their conference. We will see if they can beat any of the above in the playoff to really know just how talented. If Cincy keeps anybody within 10 to me that’s a W for their program.
I think they will do alright in their playoff game. They remind me a lot of us 40 years ago.

Hey wait, good coaching, elite roster building... Why isn't Oregon in there? ;)

Jimmies and Joes Matter.

2013 #14 #2
2014 #12 #2
2015 #27 #3
2016 #22 #3
2017 #12 #2
2018 #8 #2
2019 #27 #4

I don't think 247 does this, but in the portal era which began in 2019 you need to factor in the transfers. Once Manny came aboard he was able to pull in:

Four Stars (transfer rating):
Asa Martin
Tate Martell
Bubba Bolden
Jaelan Philips
K.J Osborne

In 2020 he brought in:

Isaiah Walker
Quincy Roche
D'Eriq King

And in 2021 he brought in:

Tyrique Stevenson

Advertisement
You guys are leaving a huge part of an equation out.
And that’s quarter back.
Watching Bama bs uga and also watching Oregon this season its easy to see that a bad qb will put a huge monkey wrench in whatever scheme you have.
Stetson Bennet vs Bryce young wasn’t even close. Give credit to bamas defense too but the 2 dudes are on totally different levels.
Brown at Oregon was painful to watch.

An injured King vs a Healthy tvd was like watching 2 different teams.

Clemson with sunshine vs Clemson with Kelly. One of them won a natty and the other barely moved the ball in the playoffs.
I think this will be important to evaluate about oregon next year with the kid they have sitting behind brown.

Advertisement
Back