One thing evidently clear in College Football.

motorcitycane

Senior
Jimmies and Joes Matter.

Alabama, UGA, had out talented everyone they played.

Cincy and Michigan out coached the teams they played.

We will see in the playoffs what happens when Phenomenal talent meets phenomenal coaching jobs by Michigan and Cincy.

Im leaning on the side of talent.

Which brings me to the next point.

Mário Cristobal welcome home. In my head it’s already a done deal.

If that man stacks the cupboard with true talent Dalvin Cook over Joe Yearby (no’s slight to Joe, good player here) type of 5 stars on offense and defense we will be set.

Many of you are worried about this man as a game day coach. I don’t worry when the talent gap is too large to overcome see UGA this year. Bama most years.

Get the real dudes in here. Start landing them. Stack them recruiting classes with actual studs.

Some of you will hit me with. “We’ve been the second or first most talented ACC roster since we arrived here.”

On paper that’s true. Then when you look at a lot of the names it’s been underwhelming and honestly not better than some other players in the ACC. Lots of jags.

Last decade of Miami National Recruiting rankings

Year | National Rank | ACC Rank
2010: #14 #2
2011: #33 #6
2012: #10 #2
2013 #14 #2
2014 #12 #2
2015 #27 #3
2016 #22 #3
2017 #12 #2
2018 #8 #2
2019 #27 #4
2020: #17 #3
2021: #11 #2

When all things are equal coaching usually wins out. But how many times a year do you see the big dawgs get into a dogfight with the little schools. Then all of a sudden 75 Yard TD out of nowhere to blow the game open.

Miami needs some real game changers. Here’s to hoping y’all are right about his ability to land these dawgs and get this program back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
You do realize Georgia and Alabama have good coaches too, right? It's not like they are trotting out Larry Coker and the 2001 Miami team.

Absolutely Nick is the goat and Kirby is a good coach too. Also recruiting monsters.

Michigan is talented at the same time OSU has the better roster. Jim Harbaugh had to coach his *** off for the W.

Cincy is talented but their conference. We will see if they can beat any of the above in the playoff to really know just how talented. If Cincy keeps anybody within 10 to me that’s a W for their program.

Many of you are worried about this man as a game day coach. I don’t worry when the talent gap is too large to overcome see UGA this year. Bama most years.
This website is a circle jerk meet for Butch David. Butch was an excellent recruiter. He hired good assistants to develop that talent. He was never going to outcoach you on Saturday. We'll be fine.

Advertisement
We have enough talent right now to win the ACC. 2021 should have been our ACC title. We beat the ACC champion at their place. If we had won the ACC this year, recruiting would have taken off. It's all there for the taking. Win the conference and more of the top recruits will come. Then, we'll have top 5 and top 10 recruiting classes to compete on a national level. It all starts with good coaching.

It would be interesting to have Saban take a bunch of 3 stars for a year.
E9F56185-B2B7-479E-90E5-D8F8071E03FA.jpeg

Probably would look similar to this. Not that he was trash but being the GOAT that he is. You only have access to what you have access too.

Attachments

• 2D0D631E-ADB9-49E1-9650-8593C094272E.jpeg
    2D0D631E-ADB9-49E1-9650-8593C094272E.jpeg
    418.5 KB · Views: 3
Advertisement
Jimmies and Joes Matter.

We will see in the playoffs what happens when Phenomenal talent meets phenomenal coaching jobs by Michigan and Cincy.

If that man stacks the cupboard with true talent Dalvin Cook over Joe Yearby (no’s slight to Joe, good player here) type of 5 stars on offense and defense we will be set.

Get the real dudes in here. Start landing them. Stack them recruiting classes with actual studs.

Some of you will hit me with. “We’ve been the second or first most talented ACC roster since we arrived here.”

On paper that’s true. Then when you look at a lot of the names it’s been underwhelming and honestly not better than some other players in the ACC. Lots of jags.

2013 #14 #2
2014 #12 #2
2015 #27 #3
2016 #22 #3
2017 #12 #2
2018 #8 #2
2019 #27 #4

When all things are equal coaching usually wins out. But how many times a year do you see the big dawgs get into a dogfight with the little schools. Then all of a sudden 75 Yard TD out of nowhere to blow the game open.

Needs some real game changers. Here’s to hoping y’all are right about his ability to land these dawgs and get this program back.
Excellent post, @motorcitycane

Jimmies and Joes Matter.

2013 #14 #2
2014 #12 #2
2015 #27 #3
2016 #22 #3
2017 #12 #2
2018 #8 #2
2019 #27 #4

Needs some real game changers. Here’s to hoping y’all are right about his ability to land these dawgs and get this program back.
What you said is true....but....the Michigan vs Iowa talent scale isn't even close. Michigan annually is recruiting at absolute worse at an Oregon/Top 10 level. That's the same level Clemson recruited at for both their NC wins vs Bama.

You guys are leaving a huge part of an equation out.
And that’s quarter back.
Watching Bama bs uga and also watching Oregon this season its easy to see that a bad qb will put a huge monkey wrench in whatever scheme you have.
Stetson Bennet vs Bryce young wasn’t even close. Give credit to bamas defense too but the 2 dudes are on totally different levels.
Brown at Oregon was painful to watch.

An injured King vs a Healthy tvd was like watching 2 different teams.

Clemson with sunshine vs Clemson with Kelly. One of them won a natty and the other barely moved the ball in the playoffs.

Advertisement
Hutchinson and Ojabo are legit high level NFL guys.

Against Michigan St, Penn State, Ohio St and Iowa, those 2 had a combined 13 of their 25 sacks.
They are some dawgs. Each of these teams have NFL guys. Every playoff team has.

But usually the depth of that talent across the board will make the difference. That Williams kid was burning through a defense that has 10 NFL guys yesterday. He made it look like a video game.

That’s a different type of caliber of player that I would call special. Bunch of WRs in the NFL. Everybody not TO, Randy Moss.

I’m just saying we have to go from landing some really good players…..which we have. To the ELITE ones. That’s why I used the Yearby Cook situation.

Yearby was a good college football player. Cook was a program changer that single handedly won FSU some games and he’s doing the same things in the NFL.

I’m hoping Mario starts landing THAT type of athlete.

What you said is true....but....the Michigan vs Iowa talent scale isn't even close. Michigan annually is recruiting at absolute worse at an Oregon/Top 10 level. That's the same level Clemson recruited at for both their NC wins vs Bama.

Yeah that’s true. And Iowa is a well coached program. Ferentz is a good coach.

We need coaches who coaches up. That Fickell coach has Cincy playing like the old Canes! Don't care that I'm old school just with this college football thing, if he can have them playing at that level, we need a COACH who can have Miami playing at that level, also.

Miami is an excellent destination for recruits lots to do down here, a pro town, I get that but when you have the coaching, talented studs, and winning all wrapped up in one, then they start to enjoy their surroundings a lot better.......

I am hopeful it gets done this time around because I'm fed up... end of rant

Jimmies and Joes Matter.

2013 #14 #2
2014 #12 #2
2015 #27 #3
2016 #22 #3
2017 #12 #2
2018 #8 #2
2019 #27 #4

Miami needs some real game changers. Here’s to hoping y’all are right about his ability to land these dawgs and get this program back.
Our recruiting classes suck because our coaching sucks. I will die on it. The individual development of players overall. Notice the highest classes are at the start of the coach tenure. Then they show they are a scrub and the kids lose interest.

Advertisement
Back