One thing about Mario…

He cost us 5 games because he’s the head coach, so everything that happens is attributed to him.

But if you’re talking about direct coaching decisions made by him, he cost us 1 game.
Are you ignoring playing an injured QB? Playing for field goals instead of touchdowns? Poor clock management? Poor depth chart construction?

Advertisement
Are you ignoring playing an injured QB? Playing for field goals instead of touchdowns? Poor clock management? Poor depth chart construction?

The injured QB is better than anyone else on the roster (which is his fault but that’s roster construction that’s not gameday decisions costing games)

When did playing for a field goal instead of a touchdown cost us a game? Send me the audio of the offensive coordinator being overridden by the head coach.

When did poor clock management cost us a game?

Depth chart construction? CIS setting depth charts would’ve won us a game we lost?

The injured QB is better than anyone else on the roster (which is his fault but that’s roster construction that’s not gameday decisions costing games)

When did playing for a field goal instead of a touchdown cost us a game? Send me the audio of the offensive coordinator being overridden by the head coach.

When did poor clock management cost us a game?

Depth chart construction? CIS setting depth charts would’ve won us a game we lost?
Lol. Gotcha.

Lol. Gotcha.

I’m not saying he was a good gameday coach this year. Of course he wasn’t and we all know that’s never going to be his calling card. But direct decisions costing games?

GT was the dumbest decision in the history of sports, robbed the kids of a win, and 100000% is on him.

UNC — turnovers

NC State — turnovers

FSU — inept QB play

Louisville — Brohm annihilated Guidry and the defense.

Could he have done more to help? Absolutely. He’s making -EV decisions. Can’t call that timeout late against Louisville. But if he doesn’t call it, does that prevent Jacolby George from punching a DB? Does it prevent the other personal foul on the punt? Maybe we have an extra 40 seconds to score at the end, but that’s only for a tie, and we couldn’t score from the 6 on the previous drive. So again, I’m not defending how he manages the game. It’s not good. But I felt he cost us the A&M game last year with his conservative decisions. We all know he cost us the GT game this year. Other than that, I don’t think any direct decisions cost us a game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No the **** they didn’t 🤣
Yes the fugg they did, and this is coming from someone that wanted Danny Miaz gone.

Those kids busted their butts at the end of that season and if it wasn’t for a busted coverage and poor game clock management at the end by Diaz, we would have beaten F$U, too.

No need to lie just to try to make Mario look better. That team almost won their last 7 games, which was impressive for a Miami team in the last 2 decades.

Advertisement
Back