One prime example of Richt's ineptitude:

Tyler

Freshman
Jeff Thomas is the best player on the field every game, yet in Miami's two losses....
vs Virginia: 1 catch for 5 yards
vs Boston College: 4 catches for 31 yards

Reminds me of how underutilized Devin Hester was at Miami.

Richt's inability to acknowledge his playmaking ability and scheme around that so the ball gets in his hands is nauseating. But hey, if all 10 guys execute (Rosier excluded because he does no wrong), the plays would work!

Advertisement
Even Dallas has huge big play ability. Remember the wildcat against VT and ND last season? Remember how that same, very successful formation was abandoned until the second half vs Clemson when the game was already out of reach? Wash, rinse, and repeat the very next game vs Wisconsin? Then the handful of times it was ran this season? Where it just seemed like Richt played pin the tail on the play sheet? His entire play calling seems random and without purpose.

I feel for these young men whose talent is underutilized week in, and week out.

Hester is a bad example. He couldn't even remember the plays that were designed just for him. He was what he was.....a great returner.

Advertisement
Hester is a bad example. He couldn't even remember the plays that were designed just for him. He was what he was.....a great returner.
Yet vs LSU, Coker & Co finally acknowledged his play making ability and schemed around it.. He got the ball from direct snaps, handoffs, the TE position, and of course the WR position. I hardly believe that was the case. Watch and you'll see what I'm talking about.

its crazy when you think about it. With talent like that and we've needed langham to save our asses or we might be close to winless against P5 opponents the last two years lmao. VT and ND were such a fluke we've been bad for a long time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back