One hat's lonely crusade against the Turnover Chain

IndayArtHauz

Knoxville Baby Maker
Administrator
Guys we have a serious problem on our hands that I don't think anyone has considered. Not me, not you, and certainly not Manny El Jefe Diaz.

But someone else has:

[tweet]931270055572230151[/tweet]

A compelling quote from the tweeted article,

Seems like harmless fun, right?

Wrong!!!!

Harmless fun has no place in Amateur Athletics. The Turnover Chain must be investigated immediately.

Who owns said chain? How much is it worth? If the player takes possession of the chain on the sidelines does that not constitute an “Illegal Benefit”? Where is the chain kept during non-game days? Does it live on campus or off?

These questions need to be answered. On behalf of the Sports Public we respectfully demand a full investigation into The Turnover Chain.

Sincerely,

Joe Q. Public

I must admit I never imagine the NCAA would team with Sports Public, or even Joe Q. himself. If you guys are like me, you're screeching like a Pennsylvania owl covered in clouds with a postseason ban right now. If we stop using the Chain IMMEDIATELY and bench all of the previous recipients, we can finish the year at a respectable 2-9. Maybe reschedule Arkansas Stare during Championship Week, I hear schools are doing that sort of thing nowadays.

Not bad for Richt's second season.

I SINCERELY HOPE those of you with connections inside the Hecht bring this up immediately with Coach Hartley, because I assume you know like I do he actually runs the school.

IMG_5792.jpg

If we have a prayer of avoiding the death penalty, it's that face.

It is worth noting that the Turnover Chain has not always earned the informed consternation of @HiTopTableAthletics:

[TWEET]926986798588362752[/TWEET]

[TWEET]929527817984978945[/TWEET]

Fortunately a once childlike glee did not overwhelm the journalistic melancholy of @HiTopTableAthletics. Thank the lord.

I will update as the story unfolds, and if the NCAA has anything to say. In the meantime keep your butts sitting on https://hightoptableathletics.wordpress.com/.

May Lil' Dogg have mercy on us all.

Advertisement
It's like someone took a DeLorean time machine back to the 80's, and took a piece of Hurricane football back to present day.

...And the crotchty old men of college football cant stand it.

The only reason these clowns got their little panties in a bunch is because "their" school didnt think of it first.

Advertisement
The only reason these clowns got their little panties in a bunch is because "their" school didnt think of it first.

Even worse, it’s probably a Vols fan jealous that they came up with a turnover garbage can and we made a golden chain

But! But! But! Would not the other schools with sideline awards be investigated also. A few out there. A trashcan. A board. A lunch box. A belt. No mention of those or others. Jealousy reigns supreme when it comes to the Canes.

Advertisement
It’s been around all season. I’m pretty sure the NCAA is aware of t. If they had a problem, they’d have addressed it by now.

It’s been around all season. I’m pretty sure the NCAA is aware of t. If they had a problem, they’d have addressed it by now.

Ironically it makes the college game better. Right now college football is flourishing while the nfl flounders a little. College football is fun and exciting while the nfl is boring and mundane. The NCAA would be foolish to outlaw the chain.

Ironically it makes the college game better. Right now college football is flourishing while the nfl flounders a little. College football is fun and exciting while the nfl is boring and mundane. The NCAA would be foolish to outlaw the chain.

A little? The NFL is getting smashed.

Advertisement
One of the ND daddy's lawyers wrote this letter. They hate the chain. They tired of seeing it. They tired of hearing about it.

Thug

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Reads like the Onion in more ways than one.

For its style and because it perfectly reflects all the crying going on about it.

Advertisement
Back