? on Vin Ascolese & New tap!

WhoDat

Junior
Anyone here think Vin is a silent to Miami? Kinda like Coach D is telling him to wait and not to worry and he will get in.

Vin hasnt taken any visits. Something odd about this, you would think the Big East and other schools would be after him. Rutgers hasnt offered him.

[video=youtube;OZSyBbpEmZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZSyBbpEmZo[/video]This kid hasn't taken any visits.

Advertisement
Would not mind seeing this kid play for the U at all. He's a football player. A year in the weight room and he could be a **** good LB for us

Anybody know if him and Coach D are blood related?

found this from last month

Ascolese, a senior, has offers from the likes of Illinois, Michigan State, Temple, Buffalo and Cincinnati, among others. He also has interest from LSU, Ole Miss and West Virginia, said North Bergen football coach Vin Ascolese, who is Ascolese’s grandfather.

“He’s interested. Illinois’ the Big Ten,” the elder Ascolese said. “He’s interested in Illinois because it’s the Big Ten. It’s a good league, and it’s a good education.”

The younger Ascolese will likely take all five of his official visits, or close to it, and then make a decision afterward. The schools he will consider taking officials to are those that have already offered or showed interest, the elder Ascolese said. The younger Ascolese hasn’t made any official visits yet.

“He’s not going to make a decision until he goes to the schools,” the elder Ascolese said. “In other words, he’ll pick five (to visit). But Illinois will definitely be one of them.”

At 6-foot-2, 220 pounds, Ascolese currently projects as a weak-side linebacker, said his grandfather. But he could very well bulk up and fill various roles if need be.

Advertisement
Clearly a plan B or plan C kid based off of that offer list. IMO a nice safety net in case we lose Northrup or Kirby.

2 Stars.... Do not want

I'm hoping there is sarcasm somewhere in there....

The kid looks like he can play, assuming the competition he's playing against isn't JV.. From my understanding Vin is a 'late bloomer' who blew up this season. He looks and plays like a Cushing clone (Another Jersey kid btw). He looks like he'll end up playing SAM or a LB/DE hybrid... Truthfully I like his film alot more than I like Hoilett's (sp?)..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back