On to the Transfer Portal....

There seems to be a lot of highly ranked players in the portal right now. Maybe got recruited over and pushed out (like at LSU), or passed up on the roster & looking for PT. Might be able to snag a few decent players.

Advertisement
As ****** as we were this year, I think a couple decent contributors and a scheme adjustment and we could come out significantly better next year due to how little we lose from this year's roster, and the maturity of an extremely young O Line.

Too bad I won't believe that is happening until I see it.

Sure, we have the roster to be better than 4-4 in ACC and 6-6 overall, but this staff has shown they can lose to anyone and they will regularly.
When you lose to FIU like we did, you know it's not going to me much better next season, unless there is major changes to staff. I don't care who we sign, we are not getting much better til we get the right coaches in place and change our scheme on offense.

Advertisement
Only kids who proved his worth was Osborn and Hedley. The rest had minimal impact (Bolden) or none at all (Kennedy, Martin, Tate). With the amount of chest bumping that was going on last off-season about the portal I just don't see it.
[/QUOTE

By the time it is all said and done I think Bolden and Jlean Phillips will be worth their schollys and the JAGS you have in ( ) above. I think they are both first team all ACC type talents and will actually play to their abilities. Just me being optimistic I suppose.

Advertisement
According to 246, these are some of the OL that UM is looking at, Stanford offensive lineman Devery Hamilton is believed to be someone of interest. Same with Texas A&M offensive lineman Kellen Diesch and West Virginia offensive lineman Josh Sills. They are looking to add 1 grad transfer, preferably OT. They are still trying to decide if they want to add a transfer qb.

Advertisement
EC790477-76A2-461B-872A-98122111CD56.gif

Advertisement
Only kids who proved his worth was Osborn and Hedley. The rest had minimal impact (Bolden) or none at all (Kennedy, Martin, Tate). With the amount of chest bumping that was going on last off-season about the portal I just don't see it.

You’re right. We should adjust our expectations. For me I feel if a kid is riding the bench at a p5 school I don’t expect him to kill it here or if a kid battled injuries I would expect the same but hope for the best. We got quite a few transfers last year but unrealistically expected all of them to ball. I personally feel like we can’t depend on the portal so heavily this year.

There will be some kids that go the portal route because they need a fresh start. Look at Cager and what he did at Georgia. Theres got to be some O-line men that didn't like the situation or there position coach and want a fresh start. I read that 2 kids entered the portal from Stanford and they both started at some point in there careers. Stanford usually produces good O-line men so maybe they are worth looking at.

Advertisement
Back