On This Day: Miami's take on 8-lateral miracle

Advertisement
Amazing finish, as usual the refs f'ed us in that game which lead to us being behind at the end of the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPEG
    IMG_0142.JPEG
    45.3 KB · Views: 7
Amazing finish, as usual the refs f'ed us in that game which lead to us being behind at the end of the game.

Truth. That play honestly shouldn't have stood because of the knee down and a few blocks in the back. But the refs screwed us nonstop the whole game prior to that play, and if the game had been fairly called we wouldn't have needed a miracle come from behind win. I don't know how they didn't try to take the ending away from us too.

The knee down was really questionable, besides a still frame, but you dont look at still frames in the replay booth, you watch it live, and yes it's really questionable live, but those blocks should have negated the play.

The first big block right after the last lateral would have been penalized, hands down, if that happened this year.

Advertisement
The Duke QB never got the ball across the goal line on the play before this, and yet was awarded a TD anyway. So people can cry all they want about the kick return not being legal, but the kick return never would’ve happened if the refs had done their job on Duke’s final drive.

Not really. But it was fun to come out in the right side of one of these ridiculous endings for a change.
Just 7 days earlier we had been *****slapped by Clemson 58-0 at home and Al Golden was fired. It felt like things were going to start going in the right direction.

Advertisement
There is no doubt in my mind Sirk got stuffed with with 6 seconds left. Duke had no TOs and the clock would have run out.

I've watched a lot of football and I've never seen anything like that before and I doubt I ever will again.

Advertisement
Back