On the Road Again.....

There are several mopes that derail and post constant negativity. It’s ok to have a negative take on the state of the team, but those mopes post ALL day long with absolutely NOTHING positive to day.

I don’t know where a line can be drawn, if at all. When the negativity or derailing starts in my occasional threads, I just ignore it.
I don’t disagree but @OldhamA said to me “I would have banned all of you” so I wanted to know from him where he draws the line and bans me for opinion???

Advertisement
There are several mopes that derail and post constant negativity. It’s ok to have a negative take on the state of the team, but those mopes post ALL day long with absolutely NOTHING positive to day.

I don’t know where a line can be drawn, if at all. When the negativity or derailing starts in my occasional threads, I just ignore it.
The line can be drawn with immediate thread bans.

Regurgitation of the same thread or same antics in multiple threads should be met with swiftly and here’s why…. criticism is warranted, but the constant vomiting all over every thread is toxic and frankly by the time the 7 or so people that actually know something about football break down the film, the board is polluted with dozens of threads proving that there are only about 7 people that know what they are talking about and all those angry hot takes were based in emotion and fan agenda and not football wisdom.

Especially when it carries over to the recruiting board because that is 💯 a net negative for the board, the recruits and the program in general.

Advertisement
no problem with expressing opinions - but keep them in the appropriate thread. Every single thread for the past week has been used as a forum to complain. I don't envy any of you "maudes" - it's a thankless job. It's just getting tiresome opening a thread to the same stuff.....
I stand with the rank & file mopes who are really just expressing honest opinion without malice. The extreme repeat the same thing in every thread and on everything type of thing mope has always been a problem. I find the defend everything and attack bully slurpers to also be a problem but they are different types of problems - though neither is conducive to a good board.

We’ve had some thread bans - and some actual board bans - but I think you guys are right - It might be time to step up the thread bans - extreme mopes and bully slurpers.

I just want to be careful that we are banning people destroying the board experience not just opinion that doesn’t feel comfortable to others.

I’ve gotten many DM’s here about how poster xyz should be banned because they’re a troll. Many times it’s not that they’re a troll, it’s that a positive outlook poster doesn’t like a negative outlook poster’s opinion.

no problem with expressing opinions - but keep them in the appropriate thread. Every single thread for the past week has been used as a forum to complain. I don't envy any of you "maudes" - it's a thankless job. It's just getting tiresome opening a thread to the same stuff.....
You post great content that I very much appreciate. I know it’s easier said than done, but I hope you can ignore the “ noise” and continue with all the content you share. Your reaction score is a true indicator of how much your contributions are appreciated.

I stand with the rank & file mopes who are really just expressing honest opinion without malice. The extreme repeat the same thing in every thread and on everything type of thing mope has always been a problem. I find the defend everything and attack bully slurpers to also be a problem but they are different types of problems - though neither is conducive to a good board.

We’ve had some thread bans - and some actual board bans - but I think you guys are right - It might be time to step up the thread bans - extreme mopes and bully slurpers.

I just want to be careful that we are banning people destroying the board experience not just opinion that doesn’t feel comfortable to others.

I’ve gotten many DM’s here about how poster xyz should be banned because they’re a troll. Many times it’s not that they’re a troll, it’s that a positive outlook poster doesn’t like a negative outlook poster’s opinion.
No doubt it’s a slippery slope but there are a few obvious mopes that constantly post negative **** on multiple boards.

Let people be free to express themselves. I have started several threads where I said we actually have a good team and its on the coaches to mold the team into a winning unit, something they haven't shown as of yet. The people who are first to start attacking posts are the Diaz blind defenders who dont care about nuance. We can lose every game and the only reason is because we dont have Bama level of talent. Diaz and co has no faults. If u are gonna ban people then u gonna have to not only ban people who speak against the staff but the supporters too.

Advertisement
You post great content that I very much appreciate. I know it’s easier said than done, but I hope you can ignore the “ noise” and continue with all the content you share. Your reaction score is a true indicator of how much your contributions are appreciated.
Appreciate the kind words. Maybe I need a time out - or time off. i was hoping that introducing some new topics today might steer the conversations elsewhere. Silly me….

Looking forward to a good game tomorrow!

Let people be free to express themselves. I have started several threads where I said we actually have a good team and its on the coaches to mold the team into a winning unit, something they haven't shown as of yet. The people who are first to start attacking posts are the Diaz blind defenders who dont care about nuance. We can lose every game and the only reason is because we dont have Bama level of talent. Diaz and co has no faults. If u are gonna ban people then u gonna have to not only ban people who speak against the staff but the supporters too.
That's just it. There's genuine criticism and plenty to complain about. There absolutely is a place for that and nobody wants that to go away because it's an important part of being a fan to commiserate.

It's not posters like you at all, It's the ones who constantly hammer on every thread, then their south mouth salivate while they're talking up UCF or the App State QB or something similar.

This we have to be able to respect difference of opinions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back