On the Field

The one thing we keep hearing from recruits is they want to see on the field progress this year. There is a lot riding on a major jump from production. I dont necessarily think it means they must win a lot of games (I think we win 7 or 8 games) but people flying around on defense and creating space, scoring a lot of points and racking up yards on offense.

This is going to be critical for Mario to be able to close and secure a top 5 class. Recruits like what Mario is selling but they want to see some sort of results.

Advertisement
The one thing we keep hearing from recruits is they want to see on the field progress this year. There is a lot riding on a major jump from production. I dont necessarily think it means they must win a lot of games (I think we win 7 or 8 games) but people flying around on defense and creating space, scoring a lot of points and racking up yards on offense.

This is going to be critical for Mario to be able to close and secure a top 5 class. Recruits like what Mario is selling but they want to see some sort of results.
100%! There has to be progress on the field in year 2. What we fans define as “progress” may vary, but we can all agree there can’t be a repeat of last year. I’d set a reasonable win expectation at 8 with some tough losses along the way. No more embarrassing losses to G5 programs and lopsided games against ACC programs hovering around .500.

Agreed. We need to see dramatic improvement on the field if we hope to see it sustained off the field.

Advertisement
Back