on my way to see golden speak tonight

meaningless. Miami was 6-6 with 2 wins vs interim coaches. his "competant" staff included several hold overs from the previous staff some of which chose to go else where and they were outcoached badly in 3 games they should have won and lost to a 2-10 and at the time 3-8 Boston college.

Winning is all that matters. all that other crap is secondary but if you want to corwn him based on that BS then go ahead. It's all about winning and this guy left alot to be desired with his performance on game nights.

I never once heard you say that about Shammin in the entire time that POS was here ruining this team. All you did was make pus*sy excuse after excuse for Shammin and blame Larry Coker FOUR YEARS after Shammin took over.

Give it up. We all know why you are crying about Golden and why you defended Shammin till the last breath. If Golden were black, you would be all up in here defending him. lol.

I don't give a **** what you heard. when I did say something you were prolly to busy cheering for tebow and the gators. still think white rb's don't get their fair shake in the nfl?

refute what i say about golden or stfu.

lol. U mad, bro??

:rollcanes:

You never once said Winning is all that matters when Shammin was pus*ifying our team. NEVER. Why??? Why is it that winning only matters with Golden??? Why didnt winning matter with Shammin?? Why were you defending Shammin after 4 years of sewage and crying about Golden after year 1????

We all know why. Golden is white and Shammin is black.

So your lying behind is sitting here and pretending you've read every single post i've ever made? LMFAO refute what i said about golden or stfu.

lol. Stop deflecting. Why didnt you ONCE declare that "Winning is all that matters" when Shammin was ruining our team??? Four years of his POS coaching, and you never ONCE stated that "winning is all that matters". You kept making excuses for Shammin for FOUR ***KING YEARS and now you're crying after ONE year with Golden.

Just man up and admit that you're butthurt that your black coach got shytecanned like a little bi*tch and now you're just praying for Golden to fail. lol.

Advertisement
that's what i thought. you haven't read every post i've made and you can't refute a thing i've said about golden.

that's what i thought. you haven't read every post i've made and you can't refute a thing i've said about golden.

lol. Stop deflecting. Why didnt you ONCE declare that "Winning is all that matters" when Shammin was ruining our team??? Four years of his POS coaching, and you never ONCE stated that "winning is all that matters". You kept making excuses for Shammin for FOUR ***KING YEARS and now you're crying after ONE year with Golden.

Just man up and admit that you're butthurt that your black coach got shytecanned like a little bi*tch and now you're just praying for Golden to fail. lol.

stop deflecting. you haven't read every post i've made have you?

you can't refute anything i've said about golden can you? stop deflecting and stick to the thread topic.

stop deflecting. you haven't read every post i've made have you?

you can't refute anything i've said about golden can you? stop deflecting and stick to the thread topic.

Stick to the topic??? You're the genius that stated that "winning is the only thing that matters", dummy. lol. Why didnt you ONCE declare that "Winning is all that matters" when Shammin was ruining our team??? Four years of his POS coaching, and you never ONCE stated that "winning is all that matters". You kept making excuses for Shammin for FOUR ***KING YEARS and now you're crying after ONE year with Golden.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];452412 said:
Finally a real coach

this is based on...?

This based on: he's smart, organized in practices and game prep, has a plan in recruiting and a plan for the program, has reached out to local HS coaches to re-build ties, has reached out to many other FL HS coaches (Orl, Tampa, etc) to build roads with their programs, has hired a competant staff, is handling the impending sanctions with dignity and character, won as many games at Temple as Radio did at Miami, is well spoken, respects the past but is focused on UM's future, has a legit QB competition for the first time in a decade, has started to redevelop roster management, has a pretty good track record of getting the most out of his players (see Feldman's star chart for Temple), uses social media to his advantage (unlike UM football in the past), is a true CEO of a big business that is really what a college football coach is (Coke and Randy were lost), realizes the local press can be an ally for his program and has treated them with class...

what else? want more?

meaningless. Miami was 6-6 with 2 wins vs interim coaches. his "competant" staff included several hold overs from the previous staff some of which chose to go else where and they were outcoached badly in 3 games they should have won and lost to a 2-10 and at the time 3-8 Boston college.

Winning is all that matters. all that other crap is secondary but if you want to corwn him based on that BS then go ahead. It's all about winning and this guy left alot to be desired with his performance on game nights.
there is alot that goes into winning.....and there is much more to it than wins and losses

first off......the team he inherited was not very good.......and then losing guys to suspension meant we had to rely more on inexperienced kids to shoulder alot of the load

on defense......we played with virually no DBs and alot of kids who should have spent the majority of the season on the bench or in limited reps........playing the majority of the snaps.......and despite giving up a bunch of yards........we still finished in the top 20 in scoring defense

another huge difference was the fact that we were in every game.........we lost all 6 games by 8 points or less

in years prior under nites *** lover shantard.......we would routinely mail it in at the half and come out and just go through the motions for most of the 2nd half

we had alot of inexperienced guys make the "freshmen mistakes" you expect them to make......but the older guys as a whole played more disciplined

the difference in the coaches being able to get more out of the players couldnt have been any more clear.......just looking at the difference in jasorry tells you what they are capable of

the reports from the weight room in the spring also speak volumes about not only how hard the kids are working but the fact that the coaches have been able to motivate them and keep them focused on working hard

why couldnt the previous staff do that?

and i know nites was one of those who claimed randy would succeed once he got "his guys"

which we know didnt happen.......the key here isnt for al to get "his guys" but rather to continue to trim the leftover **** that made up "randys guys"

obviously all the kids that left early would have benefited greatly from another year and we would have an idea what to expect in terms of production instead of waiting to see which of the news guys steps up........it may be a case of addition by subtraction

i suspect a large part of why they left was because they didnt wanna have to work hard and earn their playing time....and that the randy shantard system of entitlement had gone **** up......which means not having them around will be better for the overall chemistry of the team

then look at a kid like ray ray.......who i dont particularly like......i think hes vastly overrated and hasnt been that good

he was rumored to have been kicking around the idea of leaving early.....and was in al's **** house for much of last year........but he didnt........and thus far.......he seems to be busting his *** and looks to be developing into a leader

before you can hope to win on a consistent basis......you need to have a good foundation to build on

that foundation starts with coaches who can recruit and develop talent........know how to best utilize the talent they have.......get their kids to play smart fundamental football......and most importantly play the entire game

we started to see alot of those things happen last year........if that trend continues this year.......wins then become inevitable

look what al did at temple

when he went there they had no fan or alumni support

they had 55 scholarship kids and were just miserable

a few years later........he raised over a million dollars.......got people to start going to games......took them to bowl games for the first time in over 3 decades.......and had kids get drafted by the nfl and had kids actually red shirt

he knows what the **** hes doing........hes got a plan and knows how to execute it

nites can go back to licking randys ball schmeeze now

Last edited:
Finally a real coach

this is based on...?

This based on: he's smart, organized in practices and game prep, has a plan in recruiting and a plan for the program, has reached out to local HS coaches to re-build ties, has reached out to many other FL HS coaches (Orl, Tampa, etc) to build roads with their programs, has hired a competant staff, is handling the impending sanctions with dignity and character, won as many games at Temple as Radio did at Miami, is well spoken, respects the past but is focused on UM's future, has a legit QB competition for the first time in a decade, has started to redevelop roster management, has a pretty good track record of getting the most out of his players (see Feldman's star chart for Temple), uses social media to his advantage (unlike UM football in the past), is a true CEO of a big business that is really what a college football coach is (Coke and Randy were lost), realizes the local press can be an ally for his program and has treated them with class...

what else? want more?
while i agree and think this is correct........its only one aspect........recruiting and the future of the program and not so much dealing with what he inherited and trying to make that situation better

the rebuilding of relationships with local coaches is huge.........as is inviting the former players back to the program.......many schools can offer alot more than miami can.......but being able to work out and talk to some of the best players in nfl history is something that right now nobody else can offer

holding scrimmages in different parts of the state is also huge

there are plenty of kids in central fla and on the west coast that may not be able to make it to miami for a scrimmage or the spring game........so by bringing the program to them........at the very least......it opens up more doors with HS programs and may help steal a kid who would go elsewhere

the social media thing is awesome.........but mainly because its helping to repair the disconnect with the fan base

for the last half of the coker era and the entire shantard debacle.....not to mention the whole OB fiasco.......much of the fan base has become more and more distant and less supportive

reconnecting with the fans bring support in many ways......the most helpful of which are donations and asses in the seats on sat

both of those go along way towards helping the overall health of the program

financial support is great and being able to show kids that we wont play in front of a half empty stadium is huge

randy either didnt understand these things or just didnt care.......either way.......we are far better off now that hes gone

Advertisement
and one more thing i want to add

enough of this "used car salesman" bull****

a used car salesman will sell you on the fact that a 1998 camry with 180k miles is the same as brand new one

thats what randy did........randy sold kids on the fact that it was miami and they would play.....but they had no warranty on the product.......didnt know how beat up the car was........or the maintenance history

what al is doing is laying out his plan to help rebuild the program.........and wants kids who will believe that he is serious........and his work at temple shows that when he starts discussing his plan......he is serious......committed and capable

as somebody who has been in sales for years.......there are always plenty of people who can offer what you are offering.......but in order to close the deal.....you need to sell yourself

what makes you and your philosophy different from everybody else out there

thats what hes doing

at this point......miami no longer sells itself thanks to the majority of the last decade.............so what hes doing is showing the players......recruits.....coaches and fans how he plans to return the program to the top

and based on his track record.......sincerity and what hes done here thus far.......people are buying into him and his strategy

this is the perfect example of the old actions speak louder than words adage

a used car salesman is all words.......al has shown since day one that his actions reflect his words and that he isnt just going to bull**** everybody

Last edited:
Finally a real coach

this is based on...?

what else? want more?

there is alot that goes into winning.....and there is much more to it than wins and losses

first off......the team he inherited was not very good.......and then losing guys to suspension meant we had to rely more on inexperienced kids to shoulder alot of the load

on defense......we played with virually no DBs and alot of kids who should have spent the majority of the season on the bench or in limited reps........playing the majority of the snaps.......and despite giving up a bunch of yards........we still finished in the top 20 in scoring defense

another huge difference was the fact that we were in every game.........we lost all 6 games by 8 points or less

in years prior under nites *** lover shantard.......we would routinely mail it in at the half and come out and just go through the motions for most of the 2nd half

we had alot of inexperienced guys make the "freshmen mistakes" you expect them to make......but the older guys as a whole played more disciplined

the difference in the coaches being able to get more out of the players couldnt have been any more clear.......just looking at the difference in jasorry tells you what they are capable of

the reports from the weight room in the spring also speak volumes about not only how hard the kids are working but the fact that the coaches have been able to motivate them and keep them focused on working hard

and i know nites was one of those who claimed randy would succeed once he got "his guys"

which we know didnt happen.......the key here isnt for al to get "his guys" but rather to continue to trim the leftover **** that made up "randys guys"

obviously all the kids that left early would have benefited greatly from another year and we would have an idea what to expect in terms of production instead of waiting to see which of the news guys steps up........it may be a case of addition by subtraction

i suspect a large part of why they left was because they didnt wanna have to work hard and earn their playing time....and that the randy shantard system of entitlement had gone **** up......which means not having them around will be better for the overall chemistry of the team

then look at a kid like ray ray.......who i dont particularly like......i think hes vastly overrated and hasnt been that good

he was rumored to have been kicking around the idea of leaving early.....and was in al's **** house for much of last year........but he didnt........and thus far.......he seems to be busting his *** and looks to be developing into a leader

before you can hope to win on a consistent basis......you need to have a good foundation to build on

that foundation starts with coaches who can recruit and develop talent........know how to best utilize the talent they have.......get their kids to play smart fundamental football......and most importantly play the entire game

we started to see alot of those things happen last year........if that trend continues this year.......wins then become inevitable

a few years later........he raised over a million dollars.......got people to start going to games......took them to bowl games for the first time in over 3 decades.......and had kids get drafted by the nfl and had kids actually red shirt

he knows what the **** hes doing........hes got a plan and knows how to execute it

Nites made valid points none of which are addressed in this post.

a used car salesman will sell you on the fact that a 1998 camry with 180k miles is the same as brand new one

thats what randy did........randy sold kids on the fact that it was miami and they would play.....but they had no warranty on the product.......didnt know how beat up the car was........the maintenance history

what al is doing is laying out his plan to help rebuild the program.........and wants kids who will believe that he is serious........and his work at temple shows that when he starts discussing his plan......he is serious......committed and capable

as somebody who has been in sales for years.......there are always plenty of people who can offer what you are offering.......but in order to close the deal.....you need to sell yourself

thats what hes doing

at this point......miami no longer sells itself thanks to the majority of the last decade.............so what hes doing is showing the players......recruits.....coaches and fans how he plans to return the program to the top

and based on his track record.......sincerity and what hes done here thus far.......people are buying into him and his strategy

a used car salesman is all words.......al has shown since day one that his actions reflect his words and that he isnt just going to bull**** everybody

That's all fine and dandy but if you don't show on Saturdays as a coach it's all for nothing.

Advertisement
this is based on...?

what else? want more?

Nites made valid points none of which are addressed in this post.
im starting to think that santa monica **** collector is nites other account because nobody except dannytard has ever defended stupidity with such passion

thats what randy did........randy sold kids on the fact that it was miami and they would play.....but they had no warranty on the product.......didnt know how beat up the car was........the maintenance history

thats what hes doing

That's all fine and dandy but if you don't show on Saturdays as a coach it's all for nothing.

True, but by this standard as you and Nites want to apply it to Golden, Nick Saban would've been gone after 1 year at Bama. I don't know that Golden will be Saban, but your standard of "showing it on Saturday" means that Saban should've been canned after 11 or 12 games.

thats what hes doing

see my post above about some of the things we saw last year that were examples of coaching showing itself on saturday

Advertisement
THis year will show what Golden can do on the field. He will have no bowl game to deal with. The season is his report card. I think he will do well... better than most expect.

thats what hes doing

see my post above about some of the things we saw last year that were examples of coaching showing itself on saturday

Nothing in your post explains to me why Chase Ford was not only in the game on short yardage situations but had plays often called to his side in which his man made the play. You guys bring up Shannon because you have no other viable answer. None. There were plenty of other options on the bench but this staff continuously went with Ford.

thats what hes doing

True, but by this standard as you and Nites want to apply it to Golden, Nick Saban would've been gone after 1 year at Bama. I don't know that Golden will be Saban, but your standard of "showing it on Saturday" means that Saban should've been canned after 11 or 12 games.

Rubbish. Compare Sabans 6-6 record, game for game to Goldens and you'll see a huge difference on surface alone.

thats what hes doing

Nothing in your post explains to me why Chase Ford was not only in the game on short yardage situations but had plays often called to his side in which his man made the play. You guys bring up Shannon because you have no other viable answer. None. There were plenty of other options on the bench but this staff continuously went with Ford.

Yeah it's definitely Nite's / TeamSports. Nite's loves talking about this one play 24/7 while sucking down shirly temples.

Advertisement
Back