On "Mopes"

CoachDannyMiaz

Fyre Fest Influencer
IMAGINE calling the people who justifiably complain about the state of the program right now "mopes". Nobody cares more about the program from what I can tell. They see issues and they won't be satisfied until those issues are corrected. A couple verbal commitments and a winning streak against mediocre teams didn't solve those issues.

Those people aren't trolls. They don't like to see Manny and co do bad for petty arguing's sake. ****, they don't like to see Manny and co do bad at all. But they realize a lemon when they see one and don't want that lemon to keep the grift going with irrelevant but deceptive victories.

The "mopes" care about the bigger picture. The sunshine pumping fanatics are the ones who are accepting mediocrity (or worse than mediocrity). This program is PATHETIC right now. NOBODY takes pride in saying that. But it shouldn't be sugar-coated because people don't want to hear negativity when the reality is negative.

There's no dispute after tonight. If you're still putting on a cape for this staff and/or for this athletic department you're just as pathetic as they are.

Went to the St. Thomas game last night with my homie who played at NC State when Manny was there. First thing he said when I asked him what did he think about Manny, "He used to make cool videos. But people didn't really fux wit him cuz we thought he was dishonest and you couldn't trust him. But the videos he made for the linebackers and special teams WERE pretty cool tho."

Talked to my pops who played D1 football and is a Canes fan and asked him what he thought of Manny. "First time I saw him I knew he was a used car salesman. Not a fan."

As for Blake James. I got my masters in Sports Administration from St. Thomas a little while back. Blake James came and spoke to one of our classes. The man wasn't even a commanding presence in THAT CLASSROOM. And even if I'd never met him in person, common sense and history tell me everything I need to know. I have ZERO trust in him running the entire athletic department.

I don't post those things and say all this to pile on Manny Diaz or Blake James. I want things to work out for them because that means it is WORKING OUT FOR THE CANES. But as soon as I realized it wasn't, I wasn't gonna be in denial trying to reason with myself why they'd figure it out. The "mopes" are as crushed as anyone right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back