On Judd Anderson

View as article

Second TD was a little underthrown but some nice strikes.

Biggest challenge will be tweaking his mechanics for his lower half. Think his height makes it hard for him but itll improve his drive and accuracy. Right now his deep balls just float and die off at 30-35 yards.

Great trajectory and velocity on the 10-15 yard slants though. Huge benefit of being 6’6 and attacking intermediate in the middle of field. Most short QBs can’t do it

Advertisement
Warner Robins changed the kids entire trajectory. Doesn’t even look like the same kid out there compared to their week 0 and week 1 at Jones County.

Not many expected it. Jones County has the better/more experienced HC, probably a same level of offensive weapons.. but WR has an OL letting him step in and throw it
Yeah the week 0 especially, he got killed right when catching the snap in that game. That DT was the real deal against a bad line

I was on this opinion before the season and posted it here before but he’s definitely better than Trever Jackson and Hurley. No doubt about it in my mind. Leaning towards better than Van Bueren as well.

I would have rather have had Air Noland and I like the other kid committed to Oregon from Arizona.. can’t think of his name. Of the guys we actually targeted and pursued we ended up with probably the 2a or 2b guy

Edit: forgot about Sayin. Point stands.. we could have done worse

Advertisement
I was on this opinion before the season and posted it here before but he’s definitely better than Trever Jackson and Hurley. No doubt about it in my mind. Leaning towards better than Van Bueren as well.

I would have rather have had Air Noland and I like the other kid committed to Oregon from Arizona.. can’t think of his name. Of the guys we actually targeted and pursued we ended up with probably the 2a or 2b guy

Edit: forgot about Sayin. Point stands.. we could have done worse
Does targeting only a handful of QBs concern you?

Biggest challenge will be tweaking his mechanics for his lower half. Think his height makes it hard for him but itll improve his drive and accuracy. Right now his deep balls just float and die off at 30-35 yards.

Great trajectory and velocity on the 10-15 yard slants though. Huge benefit of being 6’6 and attacking intermediate in the middle of field. Most short QBs can’t do it

It’s fixable. It has to do with how he drives off his plant foot and both the rhythm and length of his stride. That also feeds into how he’s opening his hips.

Much easier to work with than a kid who’s release and arm action you need to adjust.

I’ve worked with kids whose mechanics are worse than his, and If he puts in the work, he can make real improvements in a couple of months of summer training.

Advertisement

But i think that just because we don’t hear about it, doesn’t mean the top of the funnel isn’t being filled.

Reality is, you’re always evaluating. Kids can move up/down regularly.

I guess the good news is Judd is showing some (in game) signs of life. He’s got the physical tools. And he’s a bright kid. That’s the most important thing. You can coach up a lot of things, but you can’t fix stupid.

But i think that just because we don’t hear about it, doesn’t mean the top of the funnel isn’t being filled.

Reality is, you’re always evaluating. Kids can move up/down regularly.

I guess the good news is Judd is showing some (in game) signs of life. He’s got the physical tools. And he’s a bright kid. That’s the most important thing. You can coach up a lot of things, but you can’t fix stupid.
My biggest issue with Judd isn't that he can't throw a football. It's that he will need 2-3 years before he can challenge to play QB. We aren't creating QB competition by adding him to the roster.

No. They planned on showing out on the field and circling back. Didn’t work out that way.

I’d rather portal a 1-2 year guy then turn to whoever is left from Emory, Jacurri, Judd or portal again if you need to.

At least you end up with a proven guy. My real fear is not being able to bring in a portal guy because of this year’s performance and Mario’s track record.

No. They planned on showing out on the field and circling back. Didn’t work out that way.

I’d rather portal a 1-2 year guy then turn to whoever is left from Emory, Jacurri, Judd or portal again if you need to.

At least you end up with a proven guy. My real fear is not being able to bring in a portal guy because of this year’s performance and Mario’s track record.
They have no choice at this point. I just hope they don't bring in a guy solely because he is from Miami. I only watched the Tulane v USC game last year from Pratt but he shouldn't be the best option.

Advertisement
I don't understand why our QB board is 4 or 5 deep every year. We miss on the high rated guy then turn to a developmental guy. Weird strategy imo.
Because you don’t recruit a kid in his senior year. You recruit him from his freshman or sophomore year into his Junior year. We have a good kid committed for 2025 and Judd has stepped up to be an ok take for 2024. Throw in an elite portal take and we are likely just fine until 2027.

A few things to clean up your data.

Alex McGough is still in the NFL. Think he's on the Packers practice squad.
Devlin Hodges played for the Steelers in actual NFL games.
Nick Fitzgerald was a dope QB at Miss St before he was injured.

Nothing u provided cleans up my data. It was stated “drafted” QBs.

Advertisement
Judd out here dropping his nuts on all of y’all. No picks and he’s 26 - 6 ratio guy. Probably one of the best in the country.
26-6 isnt some insanely good TD:INT mark. He clearly is better than Trever who was dropped by Lane. And this also isn’t a Sitkowski situation. I think he’s a fine developmental piece. Odds are low he contributes here except as solid depth. But the QB this class needs to be a top portal QB without question. We gotta hit a home run there.

Nothing u provided cleans up my data. It was stated “drafted” QBs.
Not sure why you had David Blough highlighted then. Two of those other guys would be in the Blough bucket.

I don't disagree with your point, but no idea why you got Blough highlighted then.

B/c he’s a Detroit Lion & I wanted to rub salt in @cway313 face
suck my dick middle finger GIF

Advertisement
Back