On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
There are roughly 25 3 star qbs to every 1 5 star qb in a given class. of course more three star qbs eventually find success, but that is a matter of volume, not likelihood in any individual within those groups. You are only as likely to find a star qb in both places if you take a much higher volume of 3 stars compared to 5 stars because their hit rates are much different.
Name the top 25 from 2020 or 2019. Most of them failed. All 5 and 4 stars. Like 4 are good.

Advertisement
I see staff members tweeting QB1 lol? Say it ain’t so

QB1?!
Oh My God Reaction GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Advertisement
Advertisement
He would need a remarkable turnaround in his senior year to get that bump. He should be a QB2 option - if even that.
100% agree. We will still go big fish hunting but our offensive performance last year is killing us with high profile qb’s. Hoping we get guys to reconsider with a good offensive season this year.

Have a feeling we will just end up with Judd and Moga…oof.

100% agree. We will still go big fish hunting but our offensive performance last year is killing us with high profile qb’s. Hoping we get guys to reconsider with a good offensive season this year.

Have a feeling we will just end up with Judd and Moga…oof.
I agree with everything except I don’t think we’re getting Moga.

Advertisement
I remember a time where Peyton Matocha was crowned; I recall the board gassing Cade Weldon as a better version of his pops on here. I recall on other boards the fan affair for Preston Dewey & Gary Crow. I also know what was said about Emory after losing out on Rashada (although I didn’t want him here.)

So now to soften the blow of Air Noland, we have the narrative that independent of Noland, Judd was our guy.

Right now Judd is the 1,013th ranked player in the nation & 61st ranked QB.

Just to add a little context for the crowd who sees 3 star QBs who are in the NFL:

-Mahomes: 3* (398th ranked / 22nd ranked QB)
-Josh Allen: 3* (199th ranked / 5th ranked QB JUCO)
-Aaron Rodgers: 3* (53rd ranked / 2nd ranked QB JUCO)
-Justin Herbert: 3* (659th ranked / 26th ranked QB)
-Dak Prescott: 3* (601st ranked / 20th ranked QB)
-Lamar Jackson: 3* (409th ranked / 12th ranked QB)
-Brock Purdy: 3* (839th ranked / 36th ranked QB)
-Kenny Pickett: 3* (738th ranked / 33rd ranked QB)
-Mac Jones: 3* (399th ranked / 18th ranked QB)

Current NFL draft hopefuls:
Stetson Bennett: 3* (159th ranked / 6th ranked QB JUCO)
Will Levis: 3* (652nd ranked / 28th ranked QB)
Clayton Tune: 3* (827th ranked / 35th ranked QB)

Do you notice the trend? All these 3* QBs were sub 1000th ranked, & top 50 in the nation at their position. The only two exceptions I saw were both Russell Wilson & Kirk Cousins who were ranked outside the top 1000, but they were ranked top 50 at their position (Wilson - 25th & Cousins - 49th)

I haven’t seen enough of this kid to make a definitive decision on my feelings about this, but just on paper, this is a very meh commit. Hopefully he’s an under the radar kid, but here’s what I know about CFB: the QB is thee most important position on the field. It’s the engine of the team; we need to get this right, & not wish upon a star.

I’m just saying, This also isn’t his final ranking. He still had a summer and a senior season to play out. Those are final rankings for those guys.

Mario is going go find it hard to recruit this season. That first class bump is gone and the product on the field is going to need to be 10 wins or more for a top 10 class.

This QB situation is a sign of things to come in my opinion.

Still love my canes but things do not look good
No scientific evidence behind that. Like zero. The best recruiters who can shell out bags are gonna win the battles. Michigan won the Big 10, 2 years in a row and went playoffs. We finished ahead of them.

Advertisement
Back