On another note: Tonight on EPIXHD, Ed Reed and Reggie Wayne

Do you think he’s wrong? Also, why do you believe Miami will be a legit title contender again? Not the 2017 bs either.
I haven’t said what I believe. Believe what you want. But if you conclude they won’t and this is all a waste of time, then either you’re a ********* or you should do something else rather than the thing that you say irritates you and you think is pointless anyhow.

Advertisement
I haven’t said what I believe. Believe what you want. But if you conclude they won’t and this is all a waste of time, then either you’re a ********* or you should do something else rather than the thing that you say irritates you and you think is pointless anyhow.

Didn’t say what I believed. Just asked a couple questions. It’s cool, you don’t have to answer. Carry on.

Didn’t say what I believed. Just asked a couple questions. It’s cool, you don’t have to answer. Carry on.
I think he’s overthinking it. if you conclude the program is dead and never coming back and it irritates you, then do something else.

you don’t need some dissertation on why that’s all false to be a fan. you just need some hope, enthusiasm and love of the game. nothing is impossible. howard build this program and someone may again. there are a lot more improbable things that happen every day.

I'm gonna get downvoted for saying this, but I'm tired of re-living the past. The days of Ed Reed and Ken Dorsey, or whatever era you became a fan, are long gone and are never coming back. There was a time when I used to like re-watching old Canes games. But I stopped because longing for the good ole' days is pathetic and it's what old people do.

Miami is basically Pitt. We had our time, but that time is over. Forever.

I hear what u’re saying, but we’re definitely not Pitt, bro. Lol.

Pitt is Pitt b/c OSU, PSU, Michigan, ND eat from the last bit of local talent around their recruiting area. Those areas aren’t as rich w/ talent like they once were, and any top player from those areas are not going to Pitt. That’s why Ford was such a big deal.

Miami is a much bigger, popular brand than Pitt because our dominance came during the height of modern CFB. ****, it can be argued we made CFB what it is today, honestly. Plus, everyone knows we’ve always been one coach away. Problem has been our coaches don’t know chit to do w/ all the talent we’ve had. We’ve never hurt for talent; we’ve hurt for leadership. Imo, that’s much easier to fix than what’s going on at Pitt, which is having a hard time w/ complete roster talent + leadership (yes, big time players have come through like Donald, Ford, Boyd, and Larry Legend, but it’s far between)

I'm gonna get downvoted for saying this, but I'm tired of re-living the past. The days of Ed Reed and Ken Dorsey, or whatever era you became a fan, are long gone and are never coming back. There was a time when I used to like re-watching old Canes games. But I stopped because longing for the good ole' days is pathetic and it's what old people do.

If, and that's a big if, we hire the right head coach that can identify talent AND develop it, we have a chance. Our problem is we have been making feel good hires for 20 years. Not once have we looked at a tough, hard nosed coach. Our administration doesn't like that kind of man.

Advertisement
Miami COULD be a title contender if the administration gave a flying **** about the athletic department, but they don't and never will. They don't even seem to care about academics anymore, either. Bunch of useless, entitled BS artists .

What is Ed Reed's role in this program? Does anyone really know what he does?
Remember the beginning of the year, Coach Reed was talking to players as they came off the field, arguing with the refs to over turn calls, and the announcers noticed and were commenting more about Ed than Manny, and shortly after that Ed went mia, witness protection type stuff.

Someone needs to ask Manny what happened with Coach Reed.

I wondered the same thing about McGahee. Imagine what he would have done to the NFL had he not gotten injured. He was still dam good after the injury but pre injury he was arguably the best back in the country.
Imagine 2002 with a healthy Gore and McGhee.

Willis' numbers would have been less, but Miami likely would have had a pair of 1,000 yard rushers.

Advertisement
I hear what u’re saying, but we’re definitely not Pitt, bro. Lol.

Pitt is Pitt b/c OSU, PSU, Michigan, ND eat from the last bit of local talent around their recruiting area. Those areas aren’t as rich w/ talent like they once were, and any top player from those areas are not going to Pitt. That’s why Ford was such a big deal.

Miami is a much bigger, popular brand than Pitt because our dominance came during the height of modern CFB. ****, it can be argued we made CFB what it is today, honestly. Plus, everyone knows we’ve always been one coach away. Problem has been our coaches don’t know chit to do w/ all the talent we’ve had. We’ve never hurt for talent; we’ve hurt for leadership. Imo, that’s much easier to fix than what’s going on at Pitt, which is having a hard time w/ complete roster talent + leadership (yes, big time players have come through like Donald, Ford, Boyd, and Larry Legend, but it’s far between)
Agreed, although I would add Miami's lack of leadership starts at the AD position or higher. If the Administration and BOT wanted Miami to be a football powerhouse again, we would be. Sadly, I don't think being an elite team is a priority. Many if the powers that be do not want the team to be an embarrassment but don't care about being on par with Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State.

I also believe some members of the BOT remember the negative press from the 80-90s as tarnishing the image of the University.

I'm sure there are members that want to return to the elite but lack the power and or the vision to make it happen.

Agreed, although I would add Miami's lack of leadership starts at the AD position or higher. If the Administration and BOT wanted Miami to be a football powerhouse again, we would be. Sadly, I don't think being an elite team is a priority. Many if the powers that be do not want the team to be an embarrassment but don't care about being on par with Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State.

I also believe some members of the BOT remember the negative press from the 80-90s as tarnishing the image of the University.

I'm sure there are members that want to return to the elite but lack the power and or the vision to make it happen.

Agree w everything u r stating. I’ve been a huge proponent of ripping out our “upper leadership” & starting anew w/ proper leadership. A real AD w/ either prior, successful AD experience or hiring someone who’s an assistant AD under the tutelage of a successful AD. Need to have a BOT member who actually gives a **** about UM football & athletics to oversee v. having random BOT members who tweet E before......

We may not be able to compete w bigger state schools, but we can open up that budget a bit more to get a real football ops.

And lastly; the cronyism needs to be shot dead. That’s been a hinderance lately.

It’s not over with the talent that comes out of SFL! We just keep missing on the right HCs. Imagine if we hired Butch back when they hired Golden. Or what if we hire a coach like Urban Myer to coach the talent on this team right now.

Manny is not the answer to take us to the next level. He’s as good as he’s going to get. Diaz is another use car salesman. The guy can recruit but can’t coach them up to their potential.

Miami is in the best location to get to the top the quickest if we have the right coach.

Advertisement
Back