Omier injury (UPDATE: PLAYING VS DRAKE)

Advertisement
It’s six successive one game seasons, and the goal is to win all six.
Thanks for the analysis, no one really knew the goal

Scared Little Girl GIF

Thanks for the analysis, no one really knew the goal

Scared Little Girl GIF

Obviously there was an issue because it’s not a one game season so you don’t just play Omier without considering how it will impact his availability for the next game where we will likely need him more.

I said all this already and was responding to a post that said it’s a one game season - implying you play him regardless of how it impacts his availability for the next game. I don’t agree with that.

It’s not a one game season - and that’s one I was responding to. But thanks for the post.

True you could play it one game at a time , but for sure you have to see the big picture. We need him for all 6 . So I’m sure Coach L will watch his minutes and if we get up by a margin he will rest him fast. That too can be a problem cause sitting out many minutes he could swell up. It’s a huge task and we can only hope he can play .

Obviously there was an issue because it’s not a one game season so you don’t just play Omier without considering how it will impact his availability for the next game where we will likely need him more.

I said all this already and was responding to a post that said it’s a one game season - implying you play him regardless of how it impacts his availability for the next game. I don’t agree with that.

It’s not a one game season - and that’s one I was responding to. But thanks for the post.
You have to really explain things for some fans!

Advertisement
I agree but no chance to win 6 if you don’t win 1. The goal is to win the game in front of you and you do whatever it takes or you are out.

So you play Norchad game 1 if you know he can give you some good minutes but doing so will all but guarantee he’s not meaningfully available in game 2?

The strength of this team (guard play and the ability to switch 1-5 against a smaller quicker mid major team) makes an upset by a mid major less likely IMHO.

Smaller, guard heavy mid-major teams are/should be desirable matchups for this team. Yes, Drake has a 6’10 big who was 9/7 for the season against their comp, but he was scoreless in 24 minutes against Mississippi State and I believe Miller/Casey could keep him in check with Poplar/Miller manning up Devries on D.

Look - of course I hope this is all mental *********ion and Omier is ready to play two games over the weekend… but this is a message board, so here I am…

True you could play it one game at a time , but for sure you have to see the big picture. We need him for all 6 . So I’m sure Coach L will watch his minutes and if we get up by a margin he will rest him fast. That too can be a problem cause sitting out many minutes he could swell up. It’s a huge task and we can only hope he can play .
So what you’re saying is damned if you do and damned if you don’t

So you play Norchad game 1 if you know he can give you some good minutes but doing so will all but guarantee he’s not meaningfully available in game 2?

The strength of this team (guard play and the ability to switch 1-5 against a smaller quicker mid major team) makes an upset by a mid major less likely IMHO.

Smaller, guard heavy mid-major teams are/should be desirable matchups for this team. Yes, Drake has a 6’10 big who was 9/7 for the season against their comp, but he was scoreless in 24 minutes against Mississippi State and I believe Miller/Casey could keep him in check with Poplar/Miller manning up Devries on D.

Look - of course I hope this is all mental *********ion and Omier is ready to play two games over the weekend… but this is a message board, so here I am…

I don't think anyone should be thinking the next game not having played the first. Not when it's one and done. This team also is notorious for lapses in focus and letting teams get back in it. If Omier can give you meaningful minutes the first game play him. You worry about the next game after securing the first.

However it is a fine line with winning at all costs and Omier's health. You certainly don't want to put him at risk of tearing a ligament or fracture either. But I would play him if the trainers give me the go.

Advertisement
I don't think anyone should be thinking the next game not having played the first. Not when it's one and done. This team also is notorious for lapses in focus and letting teams get back in it. If Omier can give you meaningful minutes the first game play him. You worry about the next game after securing the first.

However it is a fine line with winning at all costs and Omier's health. You certainly don't want to put him at risk of tearing a ligament or fracture either. But I would play him if the trainers give me the go.
Ideally you are up big tomorrow and he can rest most of the game.

I agree but no chance to win 6 if you don’t win 1. The goal is to win the game in front of you and you do whatever it takes or you are out.

You don't throw all your munitions at the first army you face because you're worried if they beat you the war is over. Because when you fight the next battle you won't have anything left and the war will be over. People get paid a lot of money to find out what it takes to win a battle in the most efficient way possible. If Coach L thinks you can't win without him then you play him. If he thinks they can win, and rest would improve his health, then you wait.

You don't throw all your munitions at the first army you face because you're worried if they beat you the war is over. Because when you fight the next battle you won't have anything left and the war will be over. People get paid a lot of money to find out what it takes to win a battle in the most efficient way possible. If Coach L thinks you can't win without him then you play him. If he thinks they can win, and rest would improve his health, then you wait.

Absolutely perfectly said.

It's definitely a balance.

But it's arrogant to think that what happened to UVA and Arizona today can't happen to us. Yes, we CAN win without him. We can also lose with him. It's not binary or certain. All we know is having him play improves our odds.

Advertisement
It's definitely a balance.

But it's arrogant to think that what happened to UVA and Arizona today can't happen to us. Yes, we CAN win without him. We can also lose with him. It's not binary or certain. All we know is having him play improves our odds.
UVa was sheer stupidity, probably ranks up there with Webber... but goodness knows that we are not immune to that kinda play... if FSU was any indication

I think we’ll squeak by in this opener could be a last shot miss for Drake.

Don’t be shocked if visa versa

GOCANES

We’ll need a dozen threes or more in this opener to win and moving forward as competition increases we’ll have to just sit on perimeter and basically be a three point shooting contest the most wins.

GOCANES

Advertisement
How'd it work out for the French?

Everyone wants Omier to play including Omier. If the trainers say he's a go, you play him. If the trainer says no or gives conditions, then you go with that.

Regular basketball movement will not reinjure a sprain. Reports are that he is dunking right now! Dunking puts a lot of pressure on your ankles and he would be in a lot of pain trying to dunk if his ankles weren't ready.

Advertisement
Back