Omier injury (UPDATE: PLAYING VS DRAKE)

Advertisement
From Coach L at the presser today:

"His impact is always huge. He's got the biggest personality you could ever imagine. His energy on and off the court, his relationship with his teammates and our community is sensational. We'll find out in about a half hour whether or not he's going to be able to go because we're going to put him through a workout today and see how he does. If he's good, we're good. If he's not, we'll know it, and we'll make the adjustment."

From Coach L at the presser today:

"His impact is always huge. He's got the biggest personality you could ever imagine. His energy on and off the court, his relationship with his teammates and our community is sensational. We'll find out in about a half hour whether or not he's going to be able to go because we're going to put him through a workout today and see how he does. If he's good, we're good. If he's not, we'll know it, and we'll make the adjustment."
T MINUS 1800 SECONDS

Advertisement
I'm really impressed he's moving the way he is. Obviously not saying he's 100% or anything like that, but I hurt my ankle in a really similar way and even getting a regular shoe on or walking was pretty hard.

Looks like he can play but I'd have him on a pitch count with the flow of the game. Definitely need him on the boards with Drake's big man or it could be a long day.

Luckily Miller matches up strong with Devries but they match up very well with us and our strength with their excellent perimeter defense. Also wild that they have the schools career rebounds leader and he's a 6'3 guard. We miss a lot of rebounds anyway because our small guys aren't boxing out and getting physical. Can't let that happen and have Omier out or even limited.

Advertisement
Big positive is how are he is out there. Even at 75 percent he’ll impact the game more than his replacements. We can’t have walker’s zero awareness out there too much

Changing Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement
Looks like he can play but I'd have him on a pitch count with the flow of the game. Definitely need him on the boards with Drake's big man or it could be a long day.

Luckily Miller matches up strong with Devries but they match up very well with us and our strength with their excellent perimeter defense. Also wild that they have the schools career rebounds leader and he's a 6'3 guard. We miss a lot of rebounds anyway because our small guys aren't boxing out and getting physical. Can't let that happen and have Omier out or even limited.

If it were a one game season, I think there’s no question he would play.

But his value increases in each successive game as the probability of winning without him drops precipitously.

With that said - I don’t think any decision gets made today. I think they’re gonna evaluate how he feels tomorrow based upon practicing full go today… then manage the pitch count accordingly.

Advertisement
If it were a one game season, I think there’s no question he would play.

But his value increases in each successive game as the probability of winning without him drops precipitously.

With that said - I don’t think any decision gets made today. I think they’re gonna evaluate how he feels tomorrow based upon practicing full go today… then manage the pitch count accordingly.

It is a one game season essentially

Advertisement
Back