Omier injury (UPDATE: PLAYING VS DRAKE)

The man is going to play and be fine. It's mental at this point, he is receiving the best sports medicine/care in the country at UM. He'll play and play well. Canes ROLLLLL
It is not mental. Come on. Ankle injuries are serious and it's very easy to strain/roll it again if he lands on it funny. It has nothing to do with mental in this case as he definitely wants to play. I'm just hoping we don't push him too soon.

I don't think we lose automatically vs Drake if he doesn't play, but don't believe we are big favorites if he does either. That is a very good team we are up against.

Advertisement
Great video. Coach L looks like he’s getting his first erection in a decade
Sorry, but that video means nothing. He isn't even elevating more than a few inches off the ground. Coach was right, this wasn't "practicing". It was just some shooting drills and light stretching. Hopefully he plays, but there was nothing on that video which said he was ready to explode off the ground and play physical. Even the dunk wasn't anything and he landed on both feet. In games, that isn't how it goes.

Staying positive, but if he can give us some Willis Reed minutes, it will be a huge lift. But don't expect him to play 30+ minutes.

Last edited:
Can someone show me or explain to me why Drake is such a fearsome opponent?

Their 2 best wins were bounces from their respective tournys immediately. Bradley, that won their conference regular season and beat Drake just 2 weeks ago, was butchered by a 14 loss Wisconsin team.

I’m not saying we will beat them by 20 without Omier but a loss to them is unacceptable. They have 1 player that would even make our 2 deep.

Their 2 best wins were bounces from their respective tournys immediately. Bradley, that won their conference regular season and beat Drake just 2 weeks ago, was butchered by a 14 loss Wisconsin team.

I’m not saying we will beat them by 20 without Omier but a loss to them is unacceptable. They have 1 player that would even make our 2 deep.
Drake appears to be a well coached team, but I agree completely that this opponent is nothing to fear. Their net SOS is 204 and out of conference is 262.
They have maybe 2 very good victories, but we should be able to beat this team without Omar. They are a very good team when playing really bad teams.

Advertisement
Drake appears to be a well coached team, but I agree completely that this opponent is nothing to fear. Their net SOS is 204 and out of conference is 262.
They have maybe 2 very good victories, but we should be able to beat this team without Omar. They are a very good team when playing really bad teams.
You are right.. I think Pitt and Clemson were more dangerous teams than Drake , both of whom we handled fine

Sorry, but that video means nothing. He isn't even elevating more than a few inches off the ground. Coach was right, this wasn't "practicing". It was just some shooting drills and light stretching. Hopefully he plays, but there was nothing on that video which said he was ready to explode off the ground and play physical. Even the dunk wasn't anything and he landed on both feet. In games, that isn't how it goes.

Staying positive, but if he can give us some Willis Reed minutes, it will be a huge lift. But don't expect him to play 30+ minutes.
means nothing? I tend to think it means he doesnt have major ligament damage and we can probably deduce that he's at least close to playing -- otherwise why would he even be out there?

We have Roughly 33 hours before Tip-Off
It’s been 2 days since we have seen the practice vids and you can only imagine that he has progressed even more.

How it feels tomorrow around noon will determine if he is playing…

Advertisement

They have 1 guy who would start on our team (over Wooga), and at least 2 others who would come off the bench.

They've been hot and have risen rapidly up the rankings. They're old and don't beat themselves. They're dangerous.

They're a mid major so their resume is irrelevant.

You are right.. I think Pitt and Clemson were more dangerous teams than Drake , both of whom we handled fine

We didn't handle them "fine". We played those teams 3 times, losing 1, and the margins were 4, 3, and 2.

I agree, those teams are about Drake's quality. That suggests tomorrow will be very tight

I feel like Drake is a solid team, and they aren't an easy win. They would have finished where in the ACC this season?

8th? maybe. I'm not saying they couldn't beat anyone on a given day, so that is why the tournament has so much pressure on the power 5 teams. The mid majors play loose with nothing to lose. The other teams can play tight, and start forcing things if it is close or gets close.

Drake is like a WF to me. Which when we played our best vs. them we were double digits better, but when we didn't they competed right there with us.

Miami-83
Drake-72

Advertisement
I feel like Drake is a solid team, and they aren't an easy win. They would have finished where in the ACC this season?

8th? maybe. I'm not saying they couldn't beat anyone on a given day, so that is why the tournament has so much pressure on the power 5 teams. The mid majors play loose with nothing to lose. The other teams can play tight, and start forcing things if it is close or gets close.

Drake is like a WF to me. Which when we played our best vs. them we were double digits better, but when we didn't they competed right there with us.

Miami-83
Drake-72
Drake is slow and not very athletic, and Miami's small ball line up should force a lot of turnovers. That said, they beat a quality MSU team who upset several top 25 teams.

It is not mental. Come on. Ankle injuries are serious and it's very easy to strain/roll it again if he lands on it funny. It has nothing to do with mental in this case as he definitely wants to play. I'm just hoping we don't push him too soon.

I don't think we lose automatically vs Drake if he doesn't play, but don't believe we are big favorites if he does either. That is a very good team we are up against.
agreed. you know what is mental? whether the rest of the team believes it can win without "nacho"Norchad. this CAN win but if they have the mentality that they can't, they are done. by the way, i don't think it happens because against Duke they played pretty darn good.

Last edited:
To be fair we’ve played the entire year very well without Omar. Since we don’t have a player named Omar.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back