Omier injury (UPDATE: PLAYING VS DRAKE)

Advertisement
Nuff said. If he doesn’t play, it will take career performances from other kids to advance. This team isn’t good with him on the bench.

Everyone knows how important he is to the team.

But we did just watch Miami play 39 Norchad-less minutes against a Duke team that people are falling on themselves to fellate over.

We’re also just a bad team overall according to our defensive metrics… which is why stats need to be interpreted in their proper context.

We should all be praying for Norchad’s health… but we don’t have to curl up in the fetal position if he’s out the first weekend.

@Empirical Cane @RVACane @TheOriginalCane

can you send this guy the memo about how university sports centric message boards operate?
Empy's Rules of Message Boards:

- You AGREE with my position, therefore you are a moral and just person of high character. You come from a quality family with centuries of good works for humanity.

- You DISAGREE with my position, therefore you are a mouthbreathing mongoloid devoid of any redeemable value. You come from a family of loose woman and ne'er-do-wells who have clearly defective DNA. FSU and Gator fans have higher standing in life than you do. Die! Die! Die! you ignorant scum.

Everyone knows how important he is to the team.

But we did just watch Miami play 39 Norchad-less minutes against a Duke team that people are falling on themselves to fellate over.

We’re also just a bad team overall according to our defensive metrics… which is why stats need to be interpreted in their proper context.

We should all be praying for Norchad’s health… but we don’t have to curl up in the fetal position if he’s out the first weekend.

Yeah, and Duke shot like 58% and scored 85 points. Nobody is curling up in a fetal position, but I'm keeping it real. We're not making it to next weekend if he doesn't play, unless something very unlikely happens (Pack hitting 8 threes, Wong going for 35, Wooga going nuclear, Miller with a triple-double, etc etc). If everyone plays to their baseline and Omier can't go, I don't think we win 2 games. But someone's gotta step up if he's indeed out. Hope it happens.

Advertisement
Yeah, and Duke shot like 58% and scored 85 points. Nobody is curling up in a fetal position, but I'm keeping it real. We're not making it to next weekend if he doesn't play, unless something very unlikely happens (Pack hitting 8 threes, Wong going for 35, Wooga going nuclear, Miller with a triple-double, etc etc). If everyone plays to their baseline and Omier can't go, I don't think we win 2 games. But someone's gotta step up if he's indeed out. Hope it happens.

Look of course I agree that we would probably not make it to the second weekend if Omier can’t play Sunday.

But I DO think we should beat Drake even if Omier can’t go Friday. Of course we could lose (and the expected margin would be much smaller)… but I think we should win.

There are also so many possible iterations. Kent State could upset Indiana. If that were to happen, we would have a real chance to make it to the second weekend without Omier.

And as far as Duke… we played them closer than anyone in the ACC tournament (even without Omier). And yeah they shot 54%, but they also shot 50% from 3 and hit a ton of contested shots. So the fact that we made it a game without Omier and with them shooting the eyes off the ball is pretty dang impressive.

Bottom line - I’d rather hope than mope after such a special season. Maybe it’s over. Maybe not. But as good and important as Omier is, this team is not Omier and 4 scrubs.

Oh - and Bilas is a toolbag.

Now let’s hope UM’s training staff is earning their money this week.

So we won’t be as good without one of our top players….🤔

Captain Obvious has entered the chat.

Y’all argue about some dumb ****…

Nobody is saying we won’t be as good. No **** we won’t be as good. The question is what kind of impact he has and can it be overcome if he’s out? If he’s out, how does it make the team different? And how does the style of this “new” team stack up with how Drake and possibly IU/Kent St play?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The team is terrible on D with or without Omier. This team wins games by straight-up outscoring the opponent. We should beat a team like Drake, but if we don't, it's been a good season.
We have a chaotic defense that relies on stopping the ball from getting inside because of our lack in size. Opposing coaches always talk about our defense as a strength not a weakness.

Was watching a March Madness Calcutta last night and one of the guys on there (big gambling guy) hinted at Omier being available as a recent update. Definitely wouldn't take it as bible but I think most people would be surprised at the quality of info that is passed around different gambling circles.

53:30 is the timestamp if anyone wants to see / hear it

Advertisement
Back