Omier enters name in NBA draft(commits to Baylor)

Advertisement
My daughter is a Seton Hall alum and she isn't happy about all the transfers - especially Kadary. Dylan Addae-Wusu transferred to SHU from St Johns last year and I believe he was one of their better players. This constant transferring is a bit ridiculous.

Nobody really missed Wusu. Kadary is gonna be a major hot for you guys. Word is his people are ridiculous, but he's uber talented.

Not sure we ;and him now becasue we just got smith from Utah to run the point.

Really sucks we missed on Omier, but that's the game.

Advertisement
Exactly, he is going have a difficult time making it much further. I hate to see him elsewhere, but he needs to treat this time like he was negotiating a contract in the NBA since he likely won't get one.

Which is also why we weren’t gonna back the brinks truck up. He’s a great college player… but he’s not great enough to blow a NIL budget on.

And no, we’re not poor… but we’re also not tossing out 7 figure NIL deals.

I took the liberty of adding in the ‘being held hostage’ but was referring to him saying that those that were going to enter the draft were likely gone

Agreed. He appears to have a had a fairly clear read on the players leaving. Good video. Not really softball questions. Solid.

Advertisement
If Norchad wanted 7 figures, that wasn't happening at Miami. It doesn't make sense for Miami to pay top end money for a **** good, but not elite big. What I have a problem with is what was allegedly said about his development and L. I thought Norchad was better than that, but for all we know, Goodman is just BSing us all(wouldn't be the first time).

I wish the guy well, but it is what it is. He isn't Shaq, he's a valuable part of a high end team, but he can't carry your program to glory, and that's what seven figures should get you, unless you are convinced that he's the missing piece to a title.

Which is also why we weren’t gonna back the brinks truck up. He’s a great college player… but he’s not great enough to blow a NIL budget on.

And no, we’re not poor… but we’re also not tossing out 7 figure NIL deals.
Yea I think that's where they drew the line. Great college player but probably maxed out in that regard. Baylor is projected to be a top 5 team next year but Omier is their only true big right now. Will be interesting to watch.

100% wish him the best, grateful for the final 4 run. Cant blame him for trying to get max NIL deal his final year, i would do the same if i were in his shoes since his nba potential is questionable. Portal giveth and portal taketh away....

Yea I think that's where they drew the line. Great college player but probably maxed out in that regard. Baylor is projected to be a top 5 team next year but Omier is their only true big right now. Will be interesting to watch.

Omier is not a true big, and he’s not the guy you build a roster around. Which is why his NIL demand was not met here.

But he’s a great person and an ELITE rebounder who I hope achieves his dreams.

Advertisement
Oh ****, Omier transferred?! Wasnt this the guy everyone wanted to build around and we needed no big men for?? :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Man I’ve never said this about a basketball player but this guy should consider an NFL workout next year. Could play TE,
Been saying it for awhile, he need to grab a helmet. I just didnt see it but I know how people seem to become more realistic when a player leaves lol

Advertisement
Kidd had a really nice year. 13.2 PPG and 6.5 Rebounds in only 23 MPG. 66% from the field and 84% from the line. He ate us alive especially in Blackburg. They should have fed him the ball more when they played us in Miami.
I think it was said more tongue and cheek but Kidd is a good player

Yes, I know he said it as such. That is why he included the winking emoji.

My response was really for the infrequent posters who are doom and glooming Omier's departure.
Going to try to be as nuanced as possible about this, and I know that's asking a lot of many here, but here goes - Norchad is an exceptional college player and has meant the world to the program the past couple of years. He's a huge add for a Baylor team that will be a Final Four/National Title contender this time next year.

That said, it was clear after watching the disaster that was last season that the 4 Out 1 In offense had to go completely, and once we landed guys like Kidd and Brandon Johnson (a true 5 and stretch 4 respectively) I knew that Norchad wasn't long for the roster.

Advertisement
Back