OMG...It's Happening Again!!

theibisrules

Senior
I just read an article on 247 sports about a mock NFL draft that has Joe Jackson going in the first round. How many of these "mock" drafts have had previous 'canes going in the first round, only to see them slip away to the 3rd or 4th round? If i were Jess Simpson, i'd be recruiting JJ to come back for his last season.

Advertisement
My concern is just like in other years, is that these sites hire these "experts" that snipe off our important players, leaving us in a pickle the next year. Or better yet players start playing ball making business decisions.

Joe Jackson has the elite size and dismiss it or not he’s been as productive as any of the other top Des in the country his first 2 years(15 sacks 23 tfls). This year he’s starting off a bit slower but I expect Him to heat up. With that being said he still needs more development as a pass rusher and learn more moves

Advertisement
Joe Jax clearly has the natural gifts. I thought he was going to absolutely dominate this season. Thus far, quite disappointing re the high expectations I had. It will be hard to convince him to return though even if his performance this year doesn't substantially improve because scouts will drool over his physical attributes.

I dont think theres anything wrong with joe jackson production. Hes literally out there playing with one arm. If he was completely healthy then its a different story but he's not!

I hope he stays next year though

My concern is just like in other years, is that these sites hire these "experts" that snipe off our important players, leaving us in a pickle the next year. Or better yet players start playing ball making business decisions.

Are these writers just trying to decimate our team? Why do they praise our individual players but downplay the team only to see the players go undrafted or bounce around practice squads.

I dont think theres anything wrong with joe jackson production. Hes literally out there playing with one arm. If he was completely healthy then its a different story but he's not!

I hope he stays next year though
And as I stated yesterday all of his stats aren’t being recorded for whatever reason he had 2 tfls(1 sack) in Savannah state game, 2 tfls in Toledo game but is only listed as having 2 tfls on the season with no sacks this year

Advertisement
Joe Jackson has the elite size and dismiss it or not he’s been as productive as any of the other top Des in the country his first 2 years(15 sacks 23 tfls). This year he’s starting off a bit slower but I expect Him to heat up. With that being said he still needs more development as a pass rusher and learn more moves

He is not going to heat up until he gets healthy. We shall see. Hopefully, he is smart enough to see what happened to 2017 and 2018 Miami kids who disregarded the NFL draft advisory board recommendations and declared anyway. I see Mark Walton just got picked up on the waiver wire by the Bengals so hopefully he can make something of the opportunity and give some quality reps spelling Gio Bernard.

He is not going to heat up until he gets healthy. We shall see. Hopefully, he is smart enough to see what happened to 2017 and 2018 Miami kids who disregarded the NFL draft advisory board recommendations and declared anyway. I see Mark Walton just got picked up on the waiver wire by the Bengals so hopefully he can make something of the opportunity and give some quality reps spelling Gio Bernard.
He was never on the waiver wire and made their 53 man roster from the start. You mean Stacy coley who the giants picked up and is now on their 53 man roster?

No disrespect to any of the players last year, but joe is more gifted than all of them. I’m going to assume he will get a good grade. I don’t want him to go, but he is a freak of nature.

Advertisement
He was never on the waiver wire and made their 53 man roster from the start. You mean Stacy coley who the giants picked up and is now on their 53 man roster?

My mistake. Yes, I just looked it up he made the 53-man roster, barely. Only reason they believe is because he went in the 4th round. Beat out a guy who they picked up off the Atlanta's waiver wire who outperformed him during camp. He had 21 yards on 22 carries in exhibition season. In any case, he now has an opportunity. Hope he makes the best of it.

No disrespect to any of the players last year, but joe is more gifted than all of them. I’m going to assume he will get a good grade. I don’t want him to go, but he is a freak of nature.

I don't have an issue with that, but he has to get healthy or his production numbers are going to take a hit. Of course, if he gets a good assessment he likely declares. There is a lot of runway between our 4th game and time to declare.

On the one hand, I would absolutely love to have a Senior laden team next year to allow for everyone to play better and develop properly to their fullest potential before making the jump to the league.

On the other hand, can't blame a kid for trying to make money.

Just hope he has smart balanced people in his corner to help him make the right decision when it comes.

This applies to AR82, JJax, Shaq (we all know his Dad has Shaq's best interest at heart), and Pinckney.

Advertisement
My mistake. Yes, I just looked it up he made the 53-man roster, barely. Only reason they believe is because he went in the 4th round. He had 21 yards on 22 carries in exhibition season. In any case, he now has an opportunity. Hope he makes the best of it.
Some of walton best plays were called back in the preseason due to flags and things of that nature

And as I stated yesterday all of his stats aren’t being recorded for whatever reason he had 2 tfls(1 sack) in Savannah state game, 2 tfls in Toledo game but is only listed as having 2 tfls on the season with no sacks this year

Smh no wonder the fans think he's not as productive as he was his first two years.

Is this coming from hurricanesport.com?

Some of walton best plays were called back in the preseason due to flags and things of that nature

Doesn't matter. He was fighting for the 5th spot. Again, Cincy is banged up at running back. He now has a chance to excel. Good kid and I hope he takes it.

Advertisement
Back