Omarion Hampton, 2022 RB Clayton, NC Offered

Advertisement
Woa this guy is a keeper he won't go down. He has size and speed. And he is in 10th grade in that film. Wow

Advertisement
Advertisement
Never thought I’d see the day
🤣
We’ve gotta chill with the Mack brown dominance take. If Dabo wants that kid, he’s all Clemson. This 2021 cycle just happens to be one of those years where Clemson isn’t taking a super high number and instead of focusing locally, they’re more national. Carolina benefited from that in a big way. Don’t expect that to be the trend

🤣
We’ve gotta chill with the Mack brown dominance take. If Dabo wants that kid, he’s all Clemson. This 2021 cycle just happens to be one of those years where Clemson isn’t taking a super high number and instead of focusing locally, they’re more national. Carolina benefited from that in a big way. Don’t expect that to be the trend

It's not like Mack didn't win the annual recruiting rankings when at Texas. They were always top 5 in recruiting. NC HS coaches love him. Sure if the Clemson or Bama bag drops it might be too much to pass up, but the #'s don't lie. He's already putting up the best 2 classes of the past decade at UNC if '21 sticks. Great in-state class in '21 doesn't hurt, but Mack is an ace recruiter.

2012- 41st
2013- 28th
2014- 30th
2015- 28th
2016- 32nd
2017- 29th
2018- 20th
---
2019- 30th, new coach after terrible season, short turn around w/ ESD.
2020- 19th, class 2 after a meh 7-6 season in season 1.
2021- 3rd, year 3 coming up.

It's not like Mack didn't win the annual recruiting rankings when at Texas. They were always top 5 in recruiting. NC HS coaches love him. Sure if the Clemson or Bama bag drops it might be too much to pass up, but the #'s don't lie. He's already putting up the best 2 classes of the past decade at UNC if '21 sticks. Great in-state class in '21 doesn't hurt, but Mack is an ace recruiter.

2012- 41st
2013- 28th
2014- 30th
2015- 28th
2016- 32nd
2017- 29th
2018- 20th
---
2019- 30th, new coach after terrible season, short turn around w/ ESD.
2020- 19th, class 2 after a meh 7-6 season in season 1.
2021- 3rd, year 3 coming up.
Not saying Mack can’t recruit, I’m saying don’t act like any premier kid in the Carolinas belongs to him just yet. Like I mentioned earlier, 2021 is a year where Clemson is recruiting abroad with a small class looming.
Also, as I’ve said a few times on this board, if you notice whenever NC State or UNC bring in a coach with a pulse in recruiting, the impact is often immediate. Look at Mack, Amato and Butch. Those 3/4 star N.C. kids tend to stick to the premier school of the state, and that’s what Mack is eating from right now. Doeren, Fedora and O’Brien all recruited the state TERRIBLY!
With that said, elite elite kids, as this back in the thread looks to be, tend to leave the state. The last few elite backs to stay are almost a decade apart (Elijah Hood UNC, Tony Baker and Andre Brown NC State).... Most times, kids like Todd Gurley, Zamir White, even Evan Pryor this season, head to the contenders.
All in all my whole point is Mack bringing in a top 20 class SHOULD happen. If he brings in another top 5 class in the next 3 seasons after this one, then I’ll consider that comment made about ‘Mack Brown ain’t letting him out of NC’.

Don’t buy the Mack won’t let him get away take. Great running backs won’t turn down Georgia and Clemson to play at Carolina, unless it’s for a family thing. I’ll see what I can find out about the kid.

If the season opens on time I’ll go see him when they play my high school and see what he looks like in person. Definitely passes the eye test on tape.

Advertisement
UNC landed a 4 star RB from North Carolina. Why is that noteworthy? They've always done well in their own state with recruits.
They've got six 4-stars, and they're in the mix for two 5's. They beat us to death and back last year and beat us the year before that, too. I'm just saying we've got our work cut out for us in the Coastal.

Advertisement
They've got six 4-stars, and they're in the mix for two 5's. They beat us to death and back last year and beat us the year before that, too. I'm just saying we've got our work cut out for us in the Coastal.

And a few days ago they also had a 5 star recruit grab a UNC hat off a table and basically take giant dump in it on national tv.

I'm not sweating UNC. A couple years back, fans were panicking about Bornco Mendenhall at UVA and saying he would be challenging Miami in the ACC coastal. And Miami fans also thought Justin Fuente meant VT would put coastal in a stranglehold. Oh and then there was the coach everyone wanted, Dino Babers who would turn Syracuse into a juggernaut and a good % of the board wanted him to replace Richt. I've seen this "we have to worry about Coach X in the ACC" too many times before.

Look, UNC is living rent free in some of yall's heads. The loss last year was really bad, but it was a fluke. Not the loss in and of itself, but the manner in which we did. You don't change everything due to a fluke. Whether it's UNC, VT, FSU, or whoever, you recruit to the highest level becuz you want to be at the highest level. Periodt!

Advertisement
Back