Omari Phillips to Visit UM

BilchTheCane

Redshirt Freshman
Omari Phillips put his name on the recruiting map with a strong junior season. Early in his senior season he was named to the U.S. Army All-American Game. However, things didn't go like he had hoped over the last few months.

"This definitely wasn’t my best season," Phillips said. "I battled some little injuries. I sprained my foot and had some back issues causing me to miss three games in the middle of the season. But, when I was able to play I always playing hard and helped my team win. We lost in the second round of the playoffs last week."

Phillips, 6-foot-5 and 270 pounds, made an October 2010 commitment to the Florida Gators. He talked about them.

"I think Florida is young, most of their starters will return," he said. "I think they were just a young group trying to figure their role out this season. They’re building the program."

Phillips, who also played offensive line in high school, talked about the season Florida is having.

"I expected the season to be a little better than what it was," he said. "It motivated me when I watched them play because they lacked depth on the D-Line. I know going in there I have to be ready to play and contribute, as well as some other commits."

Despite his year-long plus commitment to the Gators, another major program continues recruiting him and it's paid off.

"Miami still calls me," he said. "I'm actually taking a visit there this weekend along with two of my teammates (RB commitment Danny Dillard and OL Forrest Lamp)."

The standout defensive end prospect, who claims a 3.0 GPA and an 18 ACT score, talked about his interest in the Hurricnes.

"As a child they were always my favorite school," he said. "They’re young also and trying to find themselves. I think Al Golden knows what he’s doing and he can get them back to where they were. I'm gonna go and check out to see what it's like."

Advertisement
Omari Phillips put his name on the recruiting map with a strong junior season. Early in his senior season he was named to the U.S. Army All-American Game. However, things didn't go like he had hoped over the last few months.

"This definitely wasn’t my best season," Phillips said. "I battled some little injuries. I sprained my foot and had some back issues causing me to miss three games in the middle of the season. But, when I was able to play I always playing hard and helped my team win. We lost in the second round of the playoffs last week."

Phillips, 6-foot-5 and 270 pounds, made an October 2010 commitment to the Florida Gators. He talked about them.

"I think Florida is young, most of their starters will return," he said. "I think they were just a young group trying to figure their role out this season. They’re building the program."

Phillips, who also played offensive line in high school, talked about the season Florida is having.

"I expected the season to be a little better than what it was," he said. "It motivated me when I watched them play because they lacked depth on the D-Line. I know going in there I have to be ready to play and contribute, as well as some other commits."

Despite his year-long plus commitment to the Gators, another major program continues recruiting him and it's paid off.

"Miami still calls me," he said. "I'm actually taking a visit there this weekend along with two of my teammates (RB commitment Danny Dillard and OL Forrest Lamp)."

The standout defensive end prospect, who claims a 3.0 GPA and an 18 ACT score, talked about his interest in the Hurricnes.

"As a child they were always my favorite school," he said. "They’re young also and trying to find themselves. I think Al Golden knows what he’s doing and he can get them back to where they were. I'm gonna go and check out to see what it's like."

just sayin bro...

we might land all 3 of these guys. where is the room?

If we are recruiting Omari Phillips as a DT, we got plenty of room...you make as much room as you need for them hogmollies, because we need'em.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thanks for the reply. I hope we can get him to switch, we would have a real nice offensive line class coming in. Plus, taking him from Florida would be nice.

Oh that's fine too. I think moving forward we need more bodies on the defensive line anyway. Depth at the D-line position in a couple of seasons could be a huge concern. I hope Golden can work some magic and get this kid on the good side.

Advertisement
We'll see what happens. This kid has been recruiting for UF for awhile. He, Matt Jones, Marcus Maye, and Pittman have been contacting nearly every recruit in the state trying to get them to UF. I'd be shocked if he switched but that's why you never assume until the papers are signed.

Was told earlier tonight from one of the kids relatives that Forrest and Dillard are visiting tonight, Omari is gonna take his soon. Apparently Omari is not happy with the coaching situation in Gainesville. Was told hes gonna transfer and apparently Tre Burton is supposed to transfer to * apparently Urban wants him to play up there.

These kids are putting a lot of faith into Urban even though he left them like that. Pretty surprising IMO. I think we have a shot once more **** goes down with UF kids leaving and such.

Advertisement
These kids are putting a lot of faith into Urban even though he left them like that. Pretty surprising IMO. I think we have a shot once more **** goes down with UF kids leaving and such.
Def would give us a shot, apparently hes just waiting seeing what comes up

Was told earlier tonight from one of the kids relatives that Forrest and Dillard are visiting tonight, Omari is gonna take his soon. Apparently Omari is not happy with the coaching situation in Gainesville. Was told hes gonna transfer and apparently Tre Burton is supposed to transfer to * apparently Urban wants him to play up there.

Tre Burton's decision to go to Florida had nothing to do with Meyer; that kid was raised a Gator and would've signed there even if you were the coach. In fact Burton is pretty ****ed with Meyer for what he did.

transfer high schools? i dont understand.

Advertisement
Back