Omar Kelly pitching for Butch Davis in a big way on WQAM...

Crimpy

Big Time Outsider
Made the case in a big way, imo. He's on with the Big "O" right now.

Advertisement
Like it and think he is a very smart hire and quick fix to the program. Richt would be too, and would be able to hang around longer. Butch wants it bad, and cannot forget that. You want someone that wants to be the fix, and has the track record of being a program builder... twice.

Advertisement
Isn't this the same guy that warned us about Folden being a terrible hire. Everybody laughed at him. Turns out he was right on the money.

But, yeah, let's not listen to him again. Makes sense.

Last edited:
And he had a reply every time Big O took a shot at Butch and shut Big O down with facts!!!

Yeah, I've noticed Big O has an agenda as it relates to Butch. Call Omar what you want, but dude is a realist. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Butch isn't my first choice, but cot **** I won't be mad one bit if Butch gets the gig. He isn't perfect. But he'd be a significantly huge upgrade over our 3 last coaches. Just give me Butch at this point. I doubt Richt comes here and I feel Mullen is just using us for a raise. Give me Butch and get out of the way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Isn't this the same guy that warned us about Folden being a terrible hire. Everybody laughed at him. Turns out he was right on the money.

I was one of them who that thought he was wrong then. I was the wrong one.

Advertisement

I was one of them who that thought he was wrong then. I was the wrong one.

I thought he was wrong back then, too.

The guy was right on the money about Folden.

Most of the mouth breathers on this board fashion themselves experts but they're a bunch of idiots who have no instincts or pulse when it comes to identifying talented individuals.

Omar has obviously done his homework on different coaches over the years and knows his ****.

But the "geniuses" on this board would have us believe otherwise.

Out of the 4 names being thrown around Butch is my first choice.

If there were some other names involved - Dantonio, Chip Kelly, Gundy - then it might be a different story as each of those fellows has done some nice things in the coaching ranks....

However, Dantonio and Kelly aren't involved and I'm not sure if the Gundy talk is real - and I don't know anything about him other than that he's done well at Ok St....

And he had a reply every time Big O took a shot at Butch and shut Big O down with facts!!!

Yeah, I've noticed Big O has an agenda as it relates to Butch. Call Omar what you want, but dude is a realist. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Butch isn't my first choice, but cot **** I won't be mad one bit if Butch gets the gig. He isn't perfect. But he'd be a significantly huge upgrade over our 3 last coaches. Just give me Butch at this point. I doubt Richt comes here and I feel Mullen is just using us for a raise. Give me Butch and get out of the way.

Out of the 4 names being thrown around Butch is my first choice.

If there were some other names involved - Dantonio, Chip Kelly, Gundy - then it might be a different story as each of those fellows has done some nice things in the coaching ranks....

However, Dantonio and Kelly aren't involved and I'm not sure if the Gundy talk is real - and I don't know anything about him other than that he's done well at Ok St....

Intelligent post! Well thought out!

Advertisement
Back