Oline stat...

brock

All-American
Will say quite a few of the sacks we have given up shouldn’t be on the oline either, malik ran into pressure on a few of them
Also we have a top 5 rushing ypc too
[TWEET]919976960629137410[/TWEET]
[TWEET]920701490351755265[/TWEET]
Our guys are really improving.
[TWEET]921001244755415040[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Advertisement
This Saturday was the first time I can remember seeing a Miami running game go out and have its way with a stout ACC defense.

I’ve noticed that Malik really does not get pressure from a 4 man rush. Imagine if he wasn’t erratic. Man o Man. O line is doing well. Nice find OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could tell towards the end of last season that the big guys up front were starting to play better. Coach Searels has done a heck of a job with the o line. Major props to him.

Advertisement
This Saturday was the first time I can remember seeing a Miami running game go out and have its way with a stout ACC defense.

Homer one cut and go, no dancing. also walton did it last year against nc state, they were like top 5 against the run.

Advertisement
My only problem with the oline is the seem to lose the LOS battles in the redzone.

My only problem with the oline is the seem to lose the LOS battles in the redzone.

More specifically goal line. We’ve lost more battles there than anywhere. Have to improve on five situations.

We're getting the ball out quicker this year because Malik isn't making as many reads as Brad did. He's pretty much a one or two read guy on every drop back. Malik is looking at the defensive alignment pre-snap and making his determination where he's going to go with the ball before it's snapped.

More specifically goal line. We’ve lost more battles there than anywhere. Have to improve on five situations.

Agreed, but would also like a chance to just play some bully ball down there. Too much shot gun inside the 10 for my taste.

Advertisement
Malik has also made some guys miss what looked like a sure sack. Nice to finally have a stout O-line plus an elusive QB together. Few sacks.

Advertisement
Back