Oline recruiting?

2 guys will be gone, if we get Milo, which looks to be the case. Only 4-6 OL, that is what you need. I also think Flowers sticks around for his senior year here, he is a stud but our fans are overrating him. Think he has 1st round POTENTIAL, but he just isnt a 3 and out 1st rounder....

Advertisement
First, let me say the game is won and lost on the line. The issue is there is more than ONE LINE. There is a defensive line and we're not having the success we need on that side of the ball.

Second, we have 5 committed as of today. We have a ton of offers outstanding and at least two kids are on the radar (Merrick and Milo). I highly doubt, even if we get Merrick and Milo, that we SIGN 7 OL. It would be stupid and irrational.

With that said, 5 is probably the most we SHOULD take. Even 5 IMO is borderline overkill in ONE CLASS. I understand the OL is a crap shoot and it is difficult to project the future. With that said (2015 season) the following kids will be here: McDermott, Darling, Gadbois, Knighton, Gall and Isadora. Those 6 are all high quality players. Even if Knighton never heals or recovers, there is still 5 high quality players available in 2015. I think having a 14-15 Scholarship OL should be the goal. So in addition in 2015, we will have Linder, Wells, Odogwu and Grimsley which gets us to 10.

Finally, now we sit at 5 commits. To take in TOTAL any more is insane unless we start cutting the kids who CAN'T play (above) or WiFo. Considering the lack of PROVEN QUALITY STARTERS at other positions, perhaps we should allocate more scholarships to other areas.

We have 6: Brown, Loftus, St Louis, & Mahoney, Gautiher, Christian

There's a article saying Christian is planning to take visits so he might be one that gets pushed out.

First, let me say the game is won and lost on the line. The issue is there is more than ONE LINE. There is a defensive line and we're not having the success we need on that side of the ball.

Second, we have 5 committed as of today. We have a ton of offers outstanding and at least two kids are on the radar (Merrick and Milo). I highly doubt, even if we get Merrick and Milo, that we SIGN 7 OL. It would be stupid and irrational.

With that said, 5 is probably the most we SHOULD take. Even 5 IMO is borderline overkill in ONE CLASS. I understand the OL is a crap shoot and it is difficult to project the future. With that said (2015 season) the following kids will be here: McDermott, Darling, Gadbois, Knighton, Gall and Isadora. Those 6 are all high quality players. Even if Knighton never heals or recovers, there is still 5 high quality players available in 2015. I think having a 14-15 Scholarship OL should be the goal. So in addition in 2015, we will have Linder, Wells, Odogwu and Grimsley which gets us to 10.

Finally, now we sit at 5 commits. To take in TOTAL any more is insane unless we start cutting the kids who CAN'T play (above) or WiFo. Considering the lack of PROVEN QUALITY STARTERS at other positions, perhaps we should allocate more scholarships to other areas.

Edited, my bad.

There's a article saying Christian is planning to take visits so he might be one that gets pushed out.

i hope not, kid has raw athleticism if we take a guy as a project on Oline it's gotta be him. that being said Merrick is UF bound in my opinion we add Milo lose probably Gautiher or Brown as he is looking around. that's 6 that will do.

Second, we have 6 committed as of today. We have a ton of offers outstanding and at least two kids are on the radar (Merrick and Milo). I highly doubt, even if we get Merrick and Milo, that we SIGN 8 OL. It would be stupid and irrational.

Finally, now we sit at 6 commits. To take in TOTAL any more than 5 is insane unless we start cutting the kids who CAN'T play (above) or WiFo. Considering the lack of PROVEN QUALITY STARTERS at other positions, perhaps we should allocate more scholarships to other areas.

I think we definitely need at least 5 quality OL prospects in 2015.

Next year we are looking at:

LT: McDermott or Gadbois
LG: Darling
C: Gall (who I think will be the best C we have had in awhile if he plays there, think he might be a better option then McDermott this year)
RG: Isadora
RT: Gadbois or McDermott

Outside that we only have:

Interior: Wells, Linder, Knighton (will he ever play again?), Grimsley, Brown (meh)
Tackle: Odogwu

I love the starting potential but the 2nd/3rd string is pretty weak at the moment. We need some guys to make Wheeler and Ben Jones leaps. Gibbons bailing on us hurt.

Advertisement
Any reason why everyone thinks Merrick is going to UF? Yes, they are in his top group and he is currently crystal ball'd there, but in no way do I think he is a lock. We'll see what happens on U day.

Florida seems to be kind of a dumpster fire right now, and I think it says a lot that he didn't commit while at FNL when an apparent decision is looming

Advertisement
Back