Ole Miss fires Luke...

Uom2001

Sophomore
I‘m a fan of both the Canes and Rebels for many years. Needless to say it was a chitty football season for me and both teams were in similar situations in that they made crappy hires and had incompetent coaches. I’m very pleased the new AD pulled the plug on the failed experiment that was Matt Luke. Season ticket holders and attendance dwindled and apathy was setting in. Something had to be done, one difference between the two situations is that Luke had 3 years and Ole Miss had sanctions. Most OM fans knew Luke was in over his head from the get go and each season got progressively worse. Luke was hired on the “cheap” and essentially used to navigate the probation. I just hope/pray Miami will make wholesale changes (HC/AD etc...) after the December signing period is over and the bowl game. Just changing the coordinators isn’t enough, Luke did the same thing last year and while the D got a lot better, winning results did not occur.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I actually believed they were going to be good next year with Plumlee getting his second year in Rich Rods system. Plumlee is most dynamic QB in the NCAA this year.

Advertisement
Back