Old Miami Practice

Advertisement
The whole water thing is retarded which is why it’s not used today. Not only do you harm the players, it negatively impacts muscle growth
Its definitely not retarded. Obviously it incredibly dangerous and unhealthy. If you do this all summer long do you think a bunch of big white tough boys from notre dame are gonna be able to last in the miami heat against you.

Advertisement
Its definitely not retarded. Obviously it incredibly dangerous and unhealthy. If you do this all summer long do you think a bunch of big white tough boys from notre dame are gonna be able to last in the miami heat against you.
At what expense? That’s bad for literally every part of your body. I doubt those guys could even focus right. Dehydration is not a joke and drinking water has no correlation with being less conditioned.

Growing up and playing ball in Miami, we were never allowed to have water during practices. Never. None of us died. As a matter of fact, I never saw anyone cramp up either. Not saying it was right or wrong, but that's the way it was in high school back then. Now we preach hydration to players and they're cramping all the time. Can't really explain why. Perhaps we were outside more on a regular basis and were more used to the heat. I don't know. We tell our players now to drink a minimum of 1 gallon of water per day during school hours. Then also drink at practice and following practice yet kids still cramp in August and September. 🤔

This is awesome! But how come we just lost to a Wisconsin team who practices in total opposite weather? What’s harder the cold or hot?

Advertisement
There is plenty of water during the game so why restrict It in practice?
If you practice in the heat over time you can condition your muscles at the cellular level to operate at those temperatures. But you have to hydrate. Water restrictions in sofla summers is stupid. But you absolutely practice in the heat.

Growing up and playing ball in Miami, we were never allowed to have water during practices. Never. None of us died. As a matter of fact, I never saw anyone cramp up either. Not saying it was right or wrong, but that's the way it was in high school back then. Now we preach hydration to players and they're cramping all the time. Can't really explain why. Perhaps we were outside more on a regular basis and were more used to the heat. I don't know. We tell our players now to drink a minimum of 1 gallon of water per day during school hours. Then also drink at practice and following practice yet kids still cramp in August and September. 🤔

Excreted water carries away tons of necessary minerals. Pickle juice is way better than water, then add potassium and magnesium pills.

It's definitely retarded, and so is your comment.

Advertisement

Because hydration does not mean chugging water. It means staying hydrated. Those two things are not the same.

Advertisement
Because hydration does not mean chugging water. It means staying hydrated. Those two things are not the same.
Agree. 1 gallon from breakfast to practice time in August and early September. We do study hall first. So 1 gallon in 10 hours is our goal. A lot, but not chugging.

I remember clearly. That’s the way it was.

Science is only as good as th results, people get way too technical. I remember when MMA started backe in the 90s, everyone came out doing all kinds of karate and ****. Royce Gracie came out the jungle moving slow and choking bytches with their own gi; now everybody wanna be a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner and a master grappler.
I’m a proponent of doing what works.

Advertisement
Back