OLB Update | UM offers Chase Winovich

TexCane

Sophomore
Name: Chase Winovich

Hometown/School: Clairton, PA (Thomas Jefferson Hs)
HT: 6’-4” | WT: 215 | 40: 4.65
Season Stats: NA
247Sports Composite: Rating: 86 Rank: #45 OLB
Scouting Report (s): NA
Schools of Interest: (18) Pitt, Akron, BC, Bowling Green, FSU, Ill., Miami
Leader(s): Pitt
Chance: Too early

UPDATES:

3/28/13: Miami offers OLB Chase Winovich from Clairton, PA. Chase is rated 86 and ranked the #45 OLB in the nation by 247Sports Composite.

Last edited:
Advertisement
kid is tackling machine and can run, I just question the level of competition and their talent, since he is able to run down ball carriers at will in the highlights. But I see why UM has offered him he looks like a true 6'4" kid, and he is smart both on the field with his reads and in the classroom. I think the offer may just be verbal since no one is listing him as being offered by UM yet.

But will alot of other LB's coming off the board so early I like UM's Chances with this young and if they can get him into school for DEC then he can got through a winter of S&C an possibly redshirt in 2014, then be turned loose in 2015 as a 6'4" 240lbs beast in the middle that that run sideline to sideline.

I think UM can steal this one from PITT.
http://triblive.com/sports/hssports/highschoolrecruiting/3296159-74/winovich-linebacker-chase#axzz2Pt1ASqwc

Go Canes

Chase Winovich
[video=youtube;tfwPJVNmHp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfwPJVNmHp0[/video]

Last edited:
Well Urban Liar does it again Chase Winovich got offer from OSU on 4-7-13, and all but gift wrapped himself since OSU is his dream school.

Wow this may put UM at 0 for 6 with certain type of bad *** Linebacker. Who will dawn the fabled #44 in the future, and knock the living snot out of Ball carriers.

Go canes!

Last edited:
UM should be turning up the recruiting heat on this young man, with other lb's coming off the board quickly.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Well Urban Liar does it again Chase Winovich got offer from OSU on 4-7-13, and all but gift wrapped himself since OSU is his dream school.

Wow this may put UM at 0 for 6 with certain type of bad *** Linebacker. Who will dawn the fabled #44 in the future, and knock the living snot out of Ball carriers.

Go canes!

Please keep your ****** away from the computer

Go canes!

Urban's recruiting philosophy, "See who Golden offers and then offer them".

First time poster long time reader. I went to school at Temple starting in Goldens second year and saw the progression. All I know is if Golden offers someone in PA he must be the real deal. The man knows how to evaluate northeast talent better than probably any coach out there. We will probably see him go after a few sleepers in that area every year since he still has connections. They will then in turn probably get some big time offers but hopefully he can get a few in.

Advertisement

Go canes!

What is your problem?

You really need to seek counseling to get what ever that is bothering you worked out, do us a favor make it happen sooner rather than later.

Sincerely,

Paranos

PS: Giology I agree AG does have an eye for talent at the skilled positions both here and at Temple, but its his evaluation of the big boys on the line that has been 50/50 so far. I am hoping they rest start to bare fruit similar to Olsen Pierre.

Go canes!

What is your problem?

You really need to seek counseling to get what ever that is bothering you worked out, do us a favor make it happen sooner rather than later.

Sincerely,

Paranos

PS: Giology I agree AG does have an eye for talent at the skilled positions both here and at Temple, but its his evaluation of the big boys on the line that has been 50/50 so far. I am hoping they rest start to bare fruit similar to Olsen Pierre.

i hear using water is best when you want to get sand out of your ******

Go canes!

LMFAO

Well it likes OSU got a commit this week from keil berger out of St Ignatius which only leaves 1 more lb spot which OSU are saving for #1 lb from GA. But now Michigan is after Winovich and apparently has high interest in them also. Sounds this kid is all big ten or Pitt.

Where is it listed that he has an offer from UM because I am not seeing it on other sites.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Clairton, PA...holy crap....sign this dude.....this is the town DeNiro and Christopher Walken were from in "The Deer Hunter"

Well it likes OSU got a commit this week from keil berger out of St Ignatius which only leaves 1 more lb spot which OSU are saving for #1 lb from GA. But now Michigan is after Winovich and apparently has high interest in them also. Sounds this kid is all big ten or Pitt.

Where is it listed that he has an offer from UM because I am not seeing it on other sites.

Go Canes

TexCane walks to every recruits house and personally confirms the offer. Dont doubt him

Advertisement

Go Canes

Paranos... According to 247Sports, UM offered Chase on 3/28/13.

Its all good that was an old post and rivals doesn't show him offered. But that is a mute point since UM is not in his top 3. That's why I mention the kid from Mass, he is competitor and academics are his man concern. He favors ND but their not interested his second choice is UVA, but I think UM could jump up into his top 3 and even pass The other 2. I will write up something on him tomorrow.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back