OLB/DE Update | UM offers Tyler Cook

Paranos

All-ACC
Tyler Cook 2014 OLB/DE from Vista Murrieta was offered by UM. Cook is a wiry built 6'4" 220lbs OLB/DE who is lighting quick coming off the edge utilizing his 4.51 sec laser timed 40yd speed, plays with great leverage under his pads to set the edge on defense. He has several offers including Vandy & UM as his only current east coast offers, thus far; which speaks to his academic abilities exhibited by his 3.3 GPA. His greatest football attribute is his high motor effort in pursuit of the ball car, much like a leopard chasing gazelle he can change direction an not lose speed.

Cook reminds me of some UM greats such as Kevin Patrick and Greg Mark coming off the edge like lighting to lower a thunderous boom when making contact with the ball carrier. An staff shares this same opinion which is why the put the big guns on this young man Barrow & Carrol are both recruiting this young man. I two years cook could be a 250lb terror coming off the edge with 4.5 speed. I am hoping UM can get this young man on campus for a visit and lock him up as a commit, Carrol really needs to deliver on this one.

Go Canes

PS: maybe Texcane can add some more details.

Highlights from 2012
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/798375/highlights/16562400

2012 Season highlights Tyler Cook #88
[video=youtube;y2xpRFxNV9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2xpRFxNV9c[/video]

Advertisement
I like his film. Very fast, plays with leverage and aggressive. His competition is a little weak, but not too bad... I likes!

carroll really needs to deliver on this one? wtf is wrong w/ you people.

That's right we need rush ends and taking this kid and Michael Smith from MIA NW would give UM two killer bookends with 4.5 speed and good height at 6'3". Also Carrol hasn't really pulled any Cali Studs with consistency outside of Sandland. So if Carrol can deliver Cook -n- Kaaya then its all gravy baby in Coral Gables.

Go Canes!

Advertisement

That's right we need rush ends and taking this kid and Michael Smith from MIA NW would give UM two killer bookends with 4.5 speed and good height at 6'3". Also Carrol hasn't really pulled any Cali Studs with consistency outside of Sandland. So if Carrol can deliver Cook -n- Kaaya then its all gravy baby in Coral Gables.

Go Canes!

I don't think we are making many kids from California in to priorities. Between that and your perception that Jethro is in charge on all DLine recruiting, I think you may have some fundamental misunderstandings about how our staff operates.

"PS: maybe Texcane can add some more details."

Paranos... Congratulations! A very nice piece. I've never claimed to be a coach, scout, or evaluator. I collect information on any player offered by our Canes and then pass it on to our fans. Look for Mr. Cook's information on CaneHunt '14: The Big Boards (sticky) tomorrow. Thank you, however, for your invitation to join the discussion.

Tex

Last edited:
Tex I like your posts, and you definitly bring a ton of info. In regards to Cook I was hoping you could bring some additional info about his interest in UM.

Go Canes

Go Canes!

I don't think we are making many kids from California in to priorities. Between that and your perception that Jethro is in charge on all DLine recruiting, I think you may have some fundamental misunderstandings about how our staff operates.

When did I ever say Jethro was in charge of all Dline recruiting. Now as a recruit it is important to get to know your position coach, an every other position some how manages to engage with and land high value recruits, so what does that say about Jethro. Those are the points I have made, that does not state Jethro is the chief Cline recruiter.

But back to the initial post UM could really use Cook.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Tex I like your posts, and you definitly bring a ton of info. In regards to Cook I was hoping you could bring some additional info about his interest in UM.

Go Canes

Paranos... It's coming. Having computer issues right now. Working from my iPhone. Look for that info tomorrow. Thanks for your support. Keep up the good work.

Advertisement
Back